Jump to content
MilosCandles

Make $1000 a month selling candles.......

Recommended Posts

Ohhh my..  What a video I found.  Just need to sell 100 candles a month.  So simple.   I wish it was this simple.  Just set a table anywhere and sell.   

 

I should probably start wearing a trench coat with candles lined in it and stop people on the street also.

 

I have only seen this video of this guys.  I think i need to watch more for some comedic relief.  He makes so many disclaimers in the video.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, MilosCandles said:

 

 

I should probably start wearing a trench coat with candles lined in it and stop people on the street also.

 

 

😂😂😂😂😂

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah. hahahahhahahhahhahahha 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

 

I can't!!! OMG. GASP. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

 

Y'all! WE'VE BEEN DOING IT WORNG WE JUST NEED TO SEEELLLLLL THEM! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my favorites is a soap maker who has video on candlemaking. It consists of taking votive candle sticking them in a container then pouring soy wax on top of them. Instacandle! Yikes. Reddit, also some very bad advice and bad candle.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NightLight said:

One of my favorites is a soap maker who has video on candlemaking. It consists of taking votive candle sticking them in a container then pouring soy wax on top of them. Instacandle! Yikes. Reddit, also some very bad advice and bad candle.

 

Oh lord I know, I've seen that video. I thought WTF? 🤣 Some people have nothing better to do I guess. LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MilosCandles said:

Ohhh my..  What a video I found.  Just need to sell 100 candles a month.  So simple.   I wish it was this simple.  Just set a table anywhere and sell.

 

I know right? Like it's that easy to sell your candles and $1,000 worth, I wish. Just make them and they will sell. Star Wars reference, these are the candles you seek. 🕯️🤖 👽LOL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude. His numbers are all messed up. $18 minus the candle cost of $5.20 is $12.80. I stopped there - can't take the guy anywhere near serious.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Laura C said:

 

Oh lord I know, I've seen that video. I thought WTF? 🤣 Some people have nothing better to do I guess. LOL!

You mean to tell me that method is NOT a legit method for making a candle?

I mean: It burns! It produces scent! It gives LIGHT!
It's a CANDLE. 

SMDH... 



LOL. 
Sorry I've been out for a while... I'm hoping I can come back more frequently and, uh... Stir the pots... (both pour and soap pots) 

Cheers, 

Sponiebr
The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2019 at 2:16 PM, NightLight said:

One of my favorites is a soap maker who has video on candlemaking. It consists of taking votive candle sticking them in a container then pouring soy wax on top of them. Instacandle! Yikes. Reddit, also some very bad advice and bad candle.

If only we had a WTF face button because that's just the face I made...🤨😑🙄😒 so just put all of the emojis together and that'll give you an idea of my facial expression...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What he's doing is something called "Selling the shovel instead of digging for the gold".  In his case, he is selling the treasure map instead of shovel.  His candle making method might be incorrect, and we might totally disagree with his method.  But, he has some candle making class operation going on, and I am pretty sure he is making really good money with that.  And also, he should have some advertising income coming from his Youtube videos as his viewer grows.  I don't think he is any different than some of the candle suppliers, who I label as shovel sellers.  I don't see that many candle supplier, who are able to give out the exact information either.  Can any supplier provide exact wick brand & size to a container, wax, & fragrance oil that we are buying from them?  They would love to make us spend more money on sample packs and make us do lots of testings$$$$$.  It's all business!

 

We need to give him credit for his brilliant money making idea.  I would be more worried if he gives out good candle making classes.  Many of us in here are trying to get into a candle business or already are in candle business.  We should look his operation from business point also.

 

His candle website:  https://standleyhandcrafted.com/

His candle making class website:  https://www.theinnovativemaker.com/

*He is a computer guy, so he knows how to create some website.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has 20k subscribers on his YouTube channel.  I am not criticizing him for him doing what he is doing,  but rather how simple he makes it.  If he was smart he would be selling kits himself and directing people to his site.

 

He is no different than every other  MLM, Direct Sales, or Infomercial.  Promises easy income.

 

He does promote a Facebook channel which I also joined. https://www.facebook.com/groups/diycandlemaking/   I have already had a few good chuckles.  The beginner questions are amazing.  I get it, we were all beginners at one point.  But I have issues with people that just want answers with little to no effort put in.  

 

One reason I appreciate a message board over facebook is that is encourages searches to past questions, or atleast an easy way to link previous answers.  With a FB group a question that was asked today is gone tomorrow.  And then to find again it is another PITA 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahahahaha I told someone on the candle making resource group on FB to not take his videos serious because there was unsafe  wicking and he was giving wrong info out to new people  as in adding FO at extremely low temps along with no warning labels. The very next day I was banned and all posts and replies I had made to anyone were removed. Next day they accepted me back. lol. This guy is a god to some people I'm guessing. Im guessing his money comes from his classes that he does all over the US and not the sale of his candles.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CaptnKush said:

Ahahahaha I told someone on the candle making resource group on FB to not take his videos serious because there was unsafe  wicking and he was giving wrong info out to new people  as in adding FO at extremely low temps along with no warning labels. The very next day I was banned and all posts and replies I had made to anyone were removed. Next day they accepted me back. lol. This guy is a god to some people I'm guessing. Im guessing his money comes from his classes that he does all over the US and not the sale of his candles.

 

Thanks for taking one for the team. 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem I have with this guy is that he is not at all qualified to teach people how to make candles.    And that is the problem I have with the internet in general.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm always skeptical towards how-to-business videos. From a profits standpoint, I don't see how it benefits someone in the business to post how-to videos encouraging others to jump in, making it appear so simple and easy that a flood of amateurs could do it. Why encourage needless competition and market saturation? I'm guessing it's easier to make $1,000 a month on YT how-to videos than actually starting a candle business. Just saying.

 

Edit: Although, after looking at the view counts of all those videos, except the one with nearly 500k, I don't think they're bringing in much of anything. Still haven't a clue why these were made. What does he get from them... sponsorship/kickback/brand deal from NG? I did see some product placement.

Edited by Kerven
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bfroberts said:

The problem I have with this guy is that he is not at all qualified to teach people how to make candles.    And that is the problem I have with the internet in general.  

 

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain." ~ Wizard of Oz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kerven said:

I'm always skeptical towards how-to-business videos. From a profits standpoint, I don't see how it benefits someone in the business to post how-to videos encouraging others to jump in, making it appear so simple and easy that a flood of amateurs could do it. Why encourage needless competition and market saturation? I'm guessing it's easier to make $1,000 a month on YT how-to videos than actually starting a candle business. Just saying.

 

Edit: Although, after looking at the view counts of all those videos, except the one with nearly 500k, I don't think they're bringing in much of anything. Still haven't a clue why these were made. What does he get from them... sponsorship/kickback/brand deal from NG? I did see some product placement.

 

I may be totally off base here, but the whole thing smells like narcissism to me.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s cranking out videos for YouTube content. YouTube forces you to add content often if you’re getting paid advertising. What happens is there is not a lot of time for proper testing, and then to give out the right information to people. 

I am sure he is here reading posts of good information and hopefully produce better and safe content.As far as his candles go, that’s just not good without a warning label.

His YouTube channel competes with TimberRidge camo shirt dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NightLight said:

His YouTube channel competes with TimberRidge camo shirt dude.

 

That's what I was thinking too. Both of them seem like nice guys, I give them credit for getting busy and generating streams of income in addition to selling their products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you thought that video was good, watch the one where he talks about curing time being BS.

 

He generalizes everything too much on some unique situations, if he's getting a good scent throw with 464 after a day or 2 then he's obviously got a very lucky selection of FO's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ErronB said:

If you thought that video was good, watch the one where he talks about curing time being BS.

 

He generalizes everything too much on some unique situations, if he's getting a good scent throw with 464 after a day or 2 then he's obviously got a very lucky selection of FO's.


That's exactly what irks me about the thing.  This guy has very limited experience making candles if he hasn't figured out that cure time matters, or that it's not a good idea to add FO at low temps, or that his preferred wicks are gonna be way to darn hot.  The whole thing just smacks of someone who figured out how to pour a candle, light a candle, sniff a minute and pat himself on the back.  "Yep, that's good....slap it on the shelf and grab the camera!"

And this kind of stuff drowns out the good information, and it floods the market with crappy candles, both of which have the potential to affect the rest of us.

Edited by bfroberts
Wow...I just re-read my post and it sounds harsh.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

And this kind of stuff drowns out the good information, and it floods the market with crappy candles, both of which have the potential to affect the rest of us.

 

Your comments are certainly valid and brings up some good points.

Edited by Laura C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bfroberts said:


That's exactly what irks me about the thing.  This guy has very limited experience making candles if he hasn't figured out that cure time matters, or that it's not a good idea to add FO at low temps, or that his preferred wicks are gonna be way to darn hot.  The whole thing just smacks of someone who figured out how to pour a candle, light a candle, sniff a minute and pat himself on the back.  "Yep, that's good....slap it on the shelf and grab the camera!"

And this kind of stuff drowns out the good information, and it floods the market with crappy candles, both of which have the potential to affect the rest of us.

 

That's the thing, there's room for someone to go on YT and set the record straight, but anyone who makes great candles doesn't want to put their valuable knowledge and techniques online like that for people to just copy it. That's why the whole candle making thing on there is always going to be toxic like that and people will believe it's the right way to do things because of his following.

 

He's a genius if you think about it, he doesn't show how to make a decent or safe candle, but is going to make many thousands of $$$ by doing workshops all over the country showing his methods lol.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by ErronB
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...