Problend 650 / KY parasoy votive for candles

Has anyone tried this wax, maybe even blended with a softer container wax for candles?  I just cannot get over how beautifully creamy, smooth white it is and firm (not greasy).  I know it was made for votives and there are other wax blends such as 4786 and CBL 129 that are VERY hard and can be used for containers so just a thought.  

Have you tried Problend 600? It's got that nice finish and is around 50/50. I think it might be too much hassle to use 650 for a container, it would probably shrink a lot even mixed up a bit. It does make some great melts though! The texture is just right, not soft and not brittle.

Correct, I tried it with 40% 4627 last night and this morning....HUGE dip, bad shrinkage even with a true one pour added.  I have not tried the 600 as it has more soy and heard it can be picky with scents that throw better in 6006.  Have you used the 600?  If so, which wicks do you like?

The reason I am avoiding 6006 at the moment is it seems to have sink hole problems, someone is ALWAYS asking for wick advice with it, and it looks to vary in appearance and hardness when I see photos posted from different candlemakers.  

Need to test the 650 a bit more vs all paraffin for melts but I love the look for sure.

46 minutes ago, lovelyscents said:

Correct, I tried it with 40% 4627 last night and this morning....HUGE dip, bad shrinkage even with a true one pour added.  I have not tried the 600 as it has more soy and heard it can be picky with scents that throw better in 6006.  Have you used the 600?  If so, which wicks do you like?

The reason I am avoiding 6006 at the moment is it seems to have sink hole problems, someone is ALWAYS asking for wick advice with it, and it looks to vary in appearance and hardness when I see photos posted from different candlemakers.  

Need to test the 650 a bit more vs all paraffin for melts but I love the look for sure.

I"ve used the 600 a fair bit, I really like the texture and dye looks nice in it, but because it's about 50% soy a lot of scents are gonna need a good week and a half or so to come out of their shell. I had good luck with CD and ECO, which is weird because I don't often use those wicks in any other wax. HT is not bad for the kind of blend it is,  but obviously if you've got 4627 you're not going to be impressed.

6006.... it just doesn't like me lol. I gave up on it because the type of scents I use it just wasn't impressive to me. The sinkholes thing I'm very familiar with but it's not that hard to work through, I used mostly tins so I just poured cooler at like 140 ish and didn't really see many sinkholes or bad dips providing I let them cool somewhere out of the way like in a covered box so they don't cool too fast, but if I was using glass I'd be preheating the jars and poking around the wicks even if I don't see a hole just to make sure there aren't any hiding, then use a heatgun. 

It's a real love or hate wax, I prefer the straight paraffins myself.