Ecosoya Officially OOB

TallTayl

Full Statement from Ecosoya through Aztec rep

"I’m contacting you with a heavy heart. It is with deep sadness that I say we at NGI/EcoSoya are now going out of business after over 20 years. Being part of the candle industry, I know what this means for you and I am truly sorry for the resulting hardship that this causes. Please know that we have done everything we can to keep you supplied. This action is not by choice and comes as a result of a series of situations.

As you know, in late 2016 our manufacturer abruptly and with only a few weeks notice discontinued making our waxes leaving us and you with no supply. For many years prior to that, we had been searching for parallel manufacturing with no luck. As if by a small miracle, in late 2017/early 2018 we successfully found and worked very hard with another key component supplier to properly produce our very unique chemistry and supply came back. All was going great again until this new supplier, for unknown reasons, stopped producing the quality we needed to provide you with successful well performing wax.

As a result we are unable to secure supply with no apparent recourse, resulting in our closure. EcoSoya soy waxes are still unparalleled in performance and NGI is credited with creating the soy wax industry. Honors that I will cherish!"

• Thanks 2

OMG! Are you f'n kidding me? I'm about ready to take up knitting. LOL. But seriously, seems like chandlers can't catch a break. Their Ecosoya PB pillar blend wax is one of my favorite soy waxes, especially for making soy wax melts. Oh well, so much for that idea. I'll have to use a lesser wax or go about testing yet another new wax. *shudder*  All I want for Christmas are stable and reliable suppliers.

• Like 3

On 7/17/2019 at 2:04 PM, NightLight said:

I’m telling you those new waxes they came out with were not good at all. I am not surprised.

No skin off my back. My first experience with their waxes was horrible.

• Haha 1

On 7/17/2019 at 10:51 AM, TallTayl said:

As a result we are unable to secure supply with no apparent recourse, resulting in our closure. EcoSoya soy waxes are still unparalleled in performance and NGI is credited with creating the soy wax industry. Honors that I will cherish!"

Hey EcoSoya, you can buy mine back.

• Haha 2

Wow, I had no idea so many people didn't like the EcoSoya waxes. Like I've said, I really like their Pillar Blend but I do believe it was the only wax of theirs that I have used. As we all know what works for you may not work for others.

• Like 1

It was the new waxes that were atrocious! Wax had awful smell, had strange off white color, fragrances would not full incorporate in wax, throw in waxes were not there. In fact only a few would actually work. There are photos here that I took.

The pillar blend the new one maybe was different, or they kept the old formula. I used the old waxes and they were easy to use not the best for throwing fragrance but they poured nicely with smooth tops from what I remember.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NightLight said:

It was the new waxes that were atrocious! Wax had awful smell, had strange off white color, fragrances would not full incorporate in wax, throw in waxes were not there. In fact only a few would actually work. There are photos here that I took.

The pillar blend the new one maybe was different, or they kept the old formula. I used the old waxes and they were easy to use not the best for throwing fragrance but they poured nicely with smooth tops from what I remember.

Unfortunately, it's the throw that does the first job of selling a candle. Which brings up a question I've been meaning to ask. How do we sell scented candles online when the customer has, at the most, only a vague idea of what it might smell like?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Quentin said:

Unfortunately, it's the throw that does the first job of selling a candle. Which brings up a question I've been meaning to ask. How do we sell scented candles online when the customer has, at the most, only a vague idea of what it might smell like?

I think a great scent description and amazing photos do the trick for online.  Take for example when I am shopping for fragrances.  Some suppliers really know how to wheel me in to keep buying more oils for the simple fact that their descriptions make me excited and the photos take me into the scent somehow...hard to explain but those seem key, along with being very active on social media.  I'm finding alot of customers like behind the scene shots, unique scent blends, and giveaways.  Also free melt samples of the scents you offer helps for their future orders as something they never thought to order by description, smells amazing to them in person.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lovelyscents said:

I think a great scent description and amazing photos do the trick for online.  Take for example when I am shopping for fragrances.  Some suppliers really know how to wheel me in to keep buying more oils for the simple fact that their descriptions make me excited and the photos take me into the scent somehow...hard to explain but those seem key, along with being very active on social media.  I'm finding alot of customers like behind the scene shots, unique scent blends, and giveaways.  Also free melt samples of the scents you offer helps for their future orders as something they never thought to order by description, smells amazing to them in person.

Thank you. Those are all good ideas. As I was reading your response, it dawned on me that almost every fragrance I've bought online was a result of the images and descriptions the seller presented. When I do make an online sale, I always include a Maxi-Cup size sample of another fragrance in my line of products. That costs me about $1.00.  I haven't even thought about melts yet. Much cheaper than what I'm doing, I'm sure. Doesn't the customer need some idea on how to use them, or do you just send it so they can get a quick sniff? I'm starting to get interested in the melt idea for samples now. I'm wondering if fragrance strips or blotters might work as well.

• Like 2

I put a little how to use on the label.  I figure if they do not have a warmer, then it is mostly for a sniff or they can gift it to someone who has one and that's another potential customer.  I've thought about the scented strips as well but I feel customers are more appreciative when the samples are things they can actually use and enjoy.  It doesnt have to be wax related, what about a car freshener or a mini roll on perfume?  Something not too hard to hit your profits but nice for samples.  You could also offer a free gift depending on order amount if you want to go that route vs free samples.  Just some great ways to get creative 😊

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Good evening all! NOT A CHANDLER pundit Sponiebr on the scene at a rather CONFUSING event... 

SO, it would seem the HIGHLY controversial Company EcoSoya that singlehandedly began the greatest decline in mental health of North American chandlers has gone out of business. 
The public response is CRYPTIC at best. It seems difficult to tell if it's vitriolic sarcasm or genuine mourning being expressed at the passing of this rather keynote company in the home candle making industry. 
Is this a blessing or a curse? No one is sure...  One thing is for certain, although this ONE problem seems to have suffered apoptosis, chandlers will soon enough find NEW and inventive ways of reducing their available stock of sanity.  

Back to you Trisha... 

;)

Sponiebr 
The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Reporting Services.   

P.S.: Seriously, is this a good thing or a bad thing? I honestly can't tell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2