NEW CANDLE MAKER (the flaming candle and candle science

Do anybody has a go to Candle recipe from candle science or the Flaming candle that I can just straight-up use like what jars wax everything something to get me started making good candles fast cuz the Flaming candle gave me paraffin wax 409 glasses with the premier wick w755 and w760 I'm using 9 oz glasses and 16 oz glasses in 12 oz and I can't tell up from down I guess they both too similar please help 

Edited by Dee26
Typo

Candle making isn’t a rush job craft. Your wicks should be in plastic bags with the number size of the wick. If you don’t know which size wick to use, then contact Flaming Candle and ask which size wick you need to use with which glass. Then you need to read how to make a candle safely. You cannot heat wax on the stovetop. It needs to be in a double boiler and you MUST use a thermometer.

• Like 3

Hi @Dee26 and welcome to Craft Server. I second what @NightLight said and just to stress the point again, it takes a lot of research, testing and patience to make a safe, high quality candle. But if you like this sort of thing it can be a lot of fun and addictive, LOL. There are a lot of friendly and helpful people on here and a lot of great information. If you haven't already, try searching for what you're looking for and you may find that answers have already been posted.

Sounds like maybe you bought a candle making kit and that's a great place to start. You could try out candle making kits from different places that offer different types of waxes to see which wax you like working with the best. Along the way you'll be working with different wicks and scents and be able to figure out more about those elements/variables as well and how they interact with the different waxes. Every part of a candle is a variable so when you finally get all the variables right or in cooperation with each other then you end up with a great burning, great smelling and great looking candle. When you change even 1 of the variables (the scent for instance) then the candle changes, it may be a huge change or it may be a slight change so you need to consider that. These variables also include temperatures, temps for the wax mix and the temp and humidity in the room you're working in. So, the product and the environment have variables that you are dealing with. I may have left something out but this is some of the stuff I thought of. I guess what I'm trying to say, LOL, is that candle making is a mixture of art and science. The biggest barrier to achieving a safe and proper burning candle is the wick selection.

As a precaution, I came across this post on here and wanted to share it with you regarding microwaving wax, it is not advised. 

Cheers and enjoy your candle making journey! 🍻 😊

Laura C

Edited by Laura C
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Dee26, and welcome!

I am going to agree with both @NightLight and @Laura C. Candle making is not a rush job and not just a melt wax, secure wick, and pour wax into a container kind of hobby. There is so much more to it. 

Check the forum out; read through the topics and you'll garner the information that you are looking for -  what wax you may like to work with, the different wick series, fragrance oils, containers, etc. There is lots of testing involved, too, so be prepared for that as well. 

Also, you say that Flaming Candle gave you some items - did you order those items independently, or was it a candle making kit? 

There is a ton of research involved and you must remember that, at the end of the day, you not only want your candle to produce a great scent, but it must also be safe.

• Like 2

Welcome to HELL!!!!!!!! Ahaha, no seriously :D  I don't think you will find anyone anywhere that is going to give you their recipe, there is just too much time and money involved with getting that perfect candle, if there is such thing. What I recommend is starting with 4627 Paraffin wax with LX or HTP wicks, and practice with it till you get it down.  Its the strongest cold and hot throwing wax and easy to work with in my experience. Then after the addiction kicks into overdrive, then try other waxes till you get your niche. Good luck on your long and costly journey, there are lots of great Chandlers on this forum that are more than willing to help you out.

• Like 3