Everything seems perfect except HT . . .

Hello and a massive thank you to this forum - I have been reading through the archives for months now and learned so much! 

Here's my question: everything about my candle seems perfect except that all-important HT. As in, it barely exists. I have tested:

• my own blends of all-natural waxes, predominately coconut wax
  • fragrance loads ranging from 5-10%
  • a glass jar with a 2.75 diameter
  • cotton and cotton/paper wicks including RRD, CD, CSN, ECO, HTP, Cottonwood
  • cure times ranging from 1-3 weeks

I've gotten things dialed in to where the burn is amazing: average ROC is .07/hr, the flame stays small and steady even after an 8-hour power burn, I get a great MP (almost FMP after 4 hours; FMP on second burn between 7-8 hours; great subsequent burns up to 24 hours of testing). So, I hate to mess all this up, but I'm getting little to no HT. As I mentioned, I've tested numerous sizes of six different wick series. 

Any thoughts? Is there any other information I can provide that would help?

2 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

What fragrances and where from? 

Not all “agree” with coconut wax.  Depending on what you are adding, the chemistry may need a different wick temp.

For example, universal soy additive and microwax can both really mess with your throw. 

@TallTayl - thanks for your messages. (Your posts are ones I take very seriously, because I know they are backed by research and experience!!!)

Some fragrances I've used include:

• FC: Havana, Gin & Tonic
  • CS: Sea Salt and Orchid
  • WSP: Black Amber & Lavender, White Oak & Cedar, Leather, Headache, Mayan Gold
  • BA: Wood Shop 

I don't myself add any additives to the waxes. My blend is mostly Coconut 1 (100% coconut) with beeswax and palm as hardeners. The palm is from CW and the rep told me it does include natural additives. There's no soy in my blend.

25 minutes ago, anna.k said:

@TallTayl I am using CW's Crystallizing Container Fill Palm Wax - Palm-1: https://www.candlewic.com/store/product.aspx?q=c19,p759&&title=Crystallizing-Container-Fill-Palm-Wax---Palm-1. I've tested blends from 10% up to 50% palm.

I have tried RRD and CSN wicks, but without luck so far.

That will definitely make HT a challenge. You need a pretty hot wick for palm to throw. 

For instance, in a recent just for me Candle, I used 15% sparkle palm (old from peaks way back when) with midwest soy (a naked soy) to see if I could replicate c1. Normal wick, zero hot throw. Super hot wooden wick, faint, but noticeable throw. 

You may may want to grab a set of CSN wicks for those tests. Often CSN coaxes our scent with palm when others fail. 

“V” series wicks also may work if you can get some.