In your opinion, who has the best...

Ravens

Blueberry cobbler

Creme brulee`

Pumpkin spice (or a spicy "cinnamonny-gingery" - that even a word??)

Mac apple

Pink sugar

Thank you!

P.S.Waxes I use, in descending order:

IGI 4786

CBL 125

IGI 6006

Blueberry Cobbler-I love the one from Lone Star but Aztec has a good one too

Cream Brûlée -Cajun, hands down, although the one from Aztec and Peak smell nice too but Cajun has a real depth to it. I think it was you that told me about Mike's Brûlée a long time ago when Starville was still open. Anyway, it was a whole lot like the one from Cajun. Really rich and creamy. I can send you some if you'd like.

Pumpkin Spice-I like the one from Aztec but love the one from RE. They smell different to me so you could use both I guess and just give them different names. Actually I think RE is pumpkin pie spice.

Spicey Gingery cinammony- Aztec has a good spiced gingerbread and I also love the gingerbread from NG

Mac Apple-I think Candle Science has been mentioned to have a good one and if I'm not mistaken I have that one but can't be sure.

Pink Sugar-JS or ICS or NG. Or get it from either Moonshine or TallTayle. I can't remember which one does the oils but the samples I got smell great!

It's such a shame you couldn't get all of what you were asking about from one place. Rats! Now you have to shop for more FO's from several suppliers which means you have to try samples from each one! LOL! 

😂

RE/AH for the best spicy pumpkin.

I use CS for creme brulee, blueberry cobbler, and macintosh apple. Great scents for a decent price that throw well in both soy and paraffin. However, if you can go with a butterscotch brulee instead of a creme, Fillmore's butterscotch brulee is TDF. Best throwing brulee I have ever smelled in both H&C throw. Its a buttery, caramelly candy creamy brulee scent is how I would describe it.

Right now I am using EBB's Pink Sugar. It smells wonderful in soap and candles but can't say if its the best. I use it because they carry the old Flickers FOs and to me Flickers had the best Pink Sugar.

On 7/1/2019 at 7:11 PM, Ravens said:

Blueberry cobbler

Creme brulee`

Pumpkin spice (or a spicy "cinnamonny-gingery" - that even a word??)

Mac apple

Pink sugar

Thank you!

P.S.Waxes I use, in descending order:

IGI 4786

CBL 125

IGI 6006

Creme Brulee - Mike's Brulee from Starville and Cajun's

Pumpkin Pie Spice - Just Scent (spicy) or AH Pumpkin Pie Spice (Sweet)

Apple - Just Scent Red Mac Apple

Pink Sugar - ICS.  Want to try Tall Tayl's version but I'm never quick enough to order but heard it's other worldy!

13 hours ago, soshiegirl said:

Creme Brulee - Mike's Brulee from Starville and Cajun's

Pumpkin Pie Spice - Just Scent (spicy) or AH Pumpkin Pie Spice (Sweet)

Apple - Just Scent Red Mac Apple

Pink Sugar - ICS.  Want to try Tall Tayl's version but I'm never quick enough to order but heard it's other worldy!

Oooh, I must try TT's Pink Sugar!  Is it as good as Peak's (in your opinion, of course).

Tall Tayl, when do you think it'll be available so I can try some?

I've never bought anything from Just Scent... any FO I absolutely should have?

17 hours ago, Candybee said:

RE/AH for the best spicy pumpkin.

I use CS for creme brulee, blueberry cobbler, and macintosh apple. Great scents for a decent price that throw well in both soy and paraffin. However, if you can go with a butterscotch brulee instead of a creme, Fillmore's butterscotch brulee is TDF. Best throwing brulee I have ever smelled in both H&C throw. Its a buttery, caramelly candy creamy brulee scent is how I would describe it.

Right now I am using EBB's Pink Sugar. It smells wonderful in soap and candles but can't say if its the best. I use it because they carry the old Flickers FOs and to me Flickers had the best Pink Sugar.

Having a senile moment here, Candybee, but who is EBB?  Thank you! 🙂 

On 7/3/2019 at 7:20 PM, Belinda said:

Blueberry Cobbler-I love the one from Lone Star but Aztec has a good one too

Cream Brûlée -Cajun, hands down, although the one from Aztec and Peak smell nice too but Cajun has a real depth to it. I think it was you that told me about Mike's Brûlée a long time ago when Starville was still open. Anyway, it was a whole lot like the one from Cajun. Really rich and creamy. I can send you some if you'd like.

Pumpkin Spice-I like the one from Aztec but love the one from RE. They smell different to me so you could use both I guess and just give them different names. Actually I think RE is pumpkin pie spice.

Spicey Gingery cinammony- Aztec has a good spiced gingerbread and I also love the gingerbread from NG

Mac Apple-I think Candle Science has been mentioned to have a good one and if I'm not mistaken I have that one but can't be sure.

Pink Sugar-JS or ICS or NG. Or get it from either Moonshine or TallTayle. I can't remember which one does the oils but the samples I got smell great!

It's such a shame you couldn't get all of what you were asking about from one place. Rats! Now you have to shop for more FO's from several suppliers which means you have to try samples from each one! LOL! 

😂

Yep. Mike's was to die for, lol

Problem I have with the "pumpkinicky" FOs is that I love anything pumpkin, and there are so many out there, it's hard to decide on the "best" 3 or 4.  Already have my GB415 ready for all those bakery FOs 😄 

You're so right about getting FOs from different suppliers, Belinda!  Once or twice a year I tell myself that it's time to limit the number of suppliers... been telling myself that for the past 8+ years, lol

• Like 1

Blueberry cobbler-Aztec

Creme brulee`-Aztec

Pumpkin spice (or a spicy "cinnamonny-gingery" - that even a word??)-Aztec

Mac apple-BCN

Pink sugar-NG
Those have all been very good sellers for me.
I use 6006-containers
140 mp paraffin

C-3 soy   HTH

• Like 1

@Ravens

Blueberry cobbler  IMO ICS blueberry cheesecake

Creme brulee`    never use this yet

Pumpkin spice (or a spicy "cinnamonny-gingery" - that even a word??)  CS pumpkin pie

Mac apple  CMS has a great one and CW too

Pink sugar   ICS is fantastic

1 hour ago, Karen M said:

@Ravens

Blueberry cobbler  IMO ICS blueberry cheesecake

Creme brulee`    never use this yet

Pumpkin spice (or a spicy "cinnamonny-gingery" - that even a word??)  CS pumpkin pie

Mac apple  CMS has a great one and CW too

Pink sugar   ICS is fantastic

Karen M, I'm having another brain fart here, so correct me if I'm wrong, please.  Is "CMS" the Candlemaker's store?

Thank you!

On 7/5/2019 at 6:44 AM, Ravens said:

Oooh, I must try TT's Pink Sugar!  Is it as good as Peak's (in your opinion, of course).

There are several of JS oils that I love.

I love her

Cinnamon Crunch Cake,  

Absolutely Fabulous Cake

Blue Cotton Candy

Butter Pecan Sandies

Buttercream sugar cookie-same as ICS frosted sugar cookie

Buttery Gingerbread-same as ICS BGB

Caramel Cinnamon Latte

Cherry Slushie

Coffee Ice Cream

Cornbread Muffins

Fluffy Towels

Hazelnut Marshmallow Fluff

Jelly Glazed Donut

Jingle Bells

Lavender Milk

Marshmallow Fireside

Orange caramel crumble-smells the same as ICS orange caramel cake

Peppermint Meringue 

Pink sugar

Santa Baby

Serendipity -smells the same as ICS

Strawberry White Cake

Vanilla Patchouli

There are a few more but I think she's discontinued some that I have.

3 hours ago, Ravens said:

Thanks, Belinda.

Out of that list, if you could choose only 5, which ones would you choose?

Cinnamon Crunch Cake

Coffee Ice Cream

Strawberry White Cake-I like the one from ICS almost as much as this one though.

Hazelnut Marshmallow Fluff

Snicker Doodle- forgot to put that one on the list. I like it better than any snicker doodle cookie that I've smelled. It's more of a maple cookie scent to me. I think it's stronger than her Butter Pecan Sandies but both are good. They're very similar.

Her marshmallow fireside smells the same as any I've smelled as well as her buttery gingerbread and serendipity and you could probably get those cheaper from ICS or FB.

Fluffy Towels is good for a clean scent with a touch of something else that I can't quite put my finger on.

On 7/5/2019 at 7:44 AM, Ravens said:

I haven't tried Peak's Pink Sugar but TT's Pink Sugar is delish!  As for Just Scent, here some that I really like:

Coffee Ice Cream

Coffee Spice Cake

Birthday Cake

Christmas Wish

Southern Style Vanilla

Snickers Coffee

Serendipity

Sweet Tooth

Avocado and Sea Salt

Buttered Maple Syrup

Orange Cake

Orange Caramel Cake

Red Mac Apple

pumpkin spice latte

perfect pear

Cinnamon Super Red Hot

Caramel Cinnamon Latte

Cornbread Muffins

Blue Cotton Candy

Vanilla Buttercream Crunch

On 7/14/2019 at 3:07 PM, soshiegirl said:

I haven't tried Peak's Pink Sugar but TT's Pink Sugar is delish!  As for Just Scent, here some that I really like:

Coffee Ice Cream

Coffee Spice Cake

Birthday Cake

Christmas Wish

Southern Style Vanilla

Snickers Coffee

Serendipity

Sweet Tooth

Avocado and Sea Salt

Buttered Maple Syrup

Orange Cake

Orange Caramel Cake

Red Mac Apple

pumpkin spice latte

perfect pear

Cinnamon Super Red Hot

Caramel Cinnamon Latte

Cornbread Muffins

Blue Cotton Candy

Vanilla Buttercream Crunch

I tried some of her scents a while ago but must of picked all misses! The names and scent descriptions all sound sooooo amazing! Wish I had more luck.

4 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

I tried some of her scents a while ago but must of picked all misses! The names and scent descriptions all sound sooooo amazing! Wish I had more luck.

She has some good oils and some duds like everyone else. I like a lot of her oils but there are some that I thought were weak too. I don't like any of her pumpkin scents and couldn't get her pumpkin pie spice to throw much at all and yet it gets good reviews. 

I can send you some samples if you'd like!

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Hummel said:

Has anyone tried the candlemakers srore? I just found them, and they are within driving distance. However I know nothing about them. So any input would be helpful. Thanks

I've tried a few of theirs and they seemed fine. I can't tell you which ones right off the top of my head though. It's been a while ago. I didn't like using them at first because they had no scent descriptions but now they do. I need to put some samples I have in wax and see how they do.

On 8/13/2019 at 2:44 PM, Hummel said:

Has anyone tried the candlemakers srore? I just found them, and they are within driving distance. However I know nothing about them. So any input would be helpful. Thanks

When the warehouse is open, Tuesday -Thursday, 10:00 - 3:00, you can go in and smell samples, not all they carry, but about 250.  Some I really liked OOB but most of those was too expensive for me. They are not my favorite supplier for Fragrance Oils but I get jars and wax from them., My son was in Hamilton, OH last week and saved me $140 shipping by picking up 3 cases of wax and 20 cases of jars. 

Two FO's I tried and did like were Bamboo Rainforest and Snow Cream, a Vanilla Mint.  Pink Sands is pretty good and Freesia.

You can buy specials online or when you go to the warehouse, but I haven't been impressed with many of them.  They're tempting because you can buy them on the spot and they are only 9 or 10 dollars for 16 oz.

Someone on this forum really likes the Candlemaker's Store FO's, except for the dupes.  You might do a search in quotes on the Fragrance discussion topic and see what others like.