Has anyone use AFI?

Peggy T

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

How much of your original candle science bottle do you have? It takes generally an ounce sometimes 2 ounces to get it duplicated.

I have 2 pounds and am hoarding it 😂😂😂. Altho, what good it does to hoard it I don’t know....actually looking at FB currently, and they have several cranberry’s. One a “cran marm” and one claiming “cran apple peaks” — is FB’s scent a dupe for you? 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Cindel said:

Has anyone give them a finished product i.e. Candle so they can extract and duplicate the scent?  

I had them make a dupe before. They need an actual sample of the oil. Cannot pull it out of a candle. And, the process isn't 100%. They claim to have a 98% success rate with duplications, but I don't think that accurate... I suspect it's a lot lower than that. 

1 hour ago, StanfordP said:

I had them make a dupe before. They need an actual sample of the oil. Cannot pull it out of a candle. And, the process isn't 100%. They claim to have a 98% success rate with duplications, but I don't think that accurate... I suspect it's a lot lower than that. 

Thank you.   That's a shame cause I don't have a sample. (no way of getting one since it's from a finished product.}

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 8:56 PM, The Candle Nook said:

I am bumping this post up as I’m *thinking* of having AFI dupe CS Cranberry Marmalade. It is my best selling fragrance and CS (damn) FO changes are gonna cause me to DRINK!  Wondering if anyone else has done this dupe peocess successfully. 

I noticed they have the duplication of CS Cranberry Marmalade listed on their site. Curious if anyone has tried it and if it is similar to the original cranberry marmalade?

• 4 months later...

I've ordered from them dozens of times. They are the best quality and selection for the price that your going to find in the states. They will also de-formulate any concentrate you have so long as you have at least an ounce of un-diluted fragrance oil at any quality price point you choose. They are absolutely fantastic. These are actual concentrates and not "perfume oils" they need to be diluted for personal care/fine fragrance etc. This is a very solid company. The minimum is 10#'s so order your best sellers from these guys and experiment with new frags from the retail suppliers knowing that you can always have the fragrance duplicated if you find that the more expensive suppliers oils are selling well. Prices range from $10-20 per pound. Production time take 2-3 weeks so don't wait to the last minute to re-order.

• 1 year later...

I recently got a lot of samples from AFI and I am so excited about the chance of having a quality oil supplier that isn’t cut down a million times. My question is, what are your average usage rates? With my house wax blend (melts only), I typically use about 12%. I started testing at 6% but would like to get others feedback. 
Thank you! 

10 hours ago, Coz-Escentials said:

I recently got a lot of samples from AFI and I am so excited about the chance of having a quality oil supplier that isn’t cut down a million times. My question is, what are your average usage rates? With my house wax blend (melts only), I typically use about 12%. I started testing at 6% but would like to get others feedback. 
Thank you! 

I use 6-7% across the board, no exceptions. 
Reputable suppliers really aren’t cutting FOs.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 10:07 PM, aviator girl said:

I noticed they have the duplication of CS Cranberry Marmalade listed on their site. Curious if anyone has tried it and if it is similar to the original cranberry marmalade?

They sent me 3 samples of cranberry marmalade and none were the old formulation of CS cran marm. I am currently testing other cranberry FO from other suppliers. 

• Like 1