Pumpkin Souffle

xxxAlpha71xxx

I'll report back here with full results in a couple of weeks when I do a burn but my first instinct out of the bottle is UGGGGH

In the meantime, has anyone else used Pumpkin Souffle from Flaming Candle?  Can I look forward to something better when I burn the candle?

I use pumpkin soufflé from candle science and it is fantastic. I also love Flamings f.o.s

Sniffing out of the bottle won’t give you the full picture! 

The best way to judge is to put it in your wax. Depending on your wax let it cure.

The fragrance needs to combine with the wax.🌸

On 6/11/2019 at 7:36 AM, CandleRush said:

I use pumpkin soufflé from candle science and it is fantastic. I also love Flamings f.o.s

Sniffing out of the bottle won’t give you the full picture! 

The best way to judge is to put it in your wax. Depending on your wax let it cure.

The fragrance needs to combine with the wax.🌸

Yeah, I knew I couldn't put a lot of faith coming straight out of the bottle.  I put together a candle at 7% using 464 and while really strong the scent was just as bad as sniffing the bottle.  I've got another that I'll wait another couple of weeks on and see what happens.  I've been really happy with the other scents I've got from FC.  This one had all 5 star ratings so I'm sure it either just needs to cure for quite awhile or something happened to this batch/bottle.  I'm going to get in touch with FC and get some direction from them.

Edited by xxxAlpha71xxx

7% is a good amount.

Yes, 464 will benefit from a week or two cure and then you’d get an idea how it smells. It might be you won’t care for that scent at all. Each of our noses are so different.

My experience was the same. While everyone raves about this scent I did not immediately like it but when I relit it latter I loved it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 9:25 AM, CandleRush said:

7% is a good amount.

Yes, 464 will benefit from a week or two cure and then you’d get an idea how it smells. It might be you won’t care for that scent at all. Each of our noses are so different.

My experience was the same. While everyone raves about this scent I did not immediately like it but when I relit it latter I loved it.

I lit one today that has been sitting around for almost two weeks.  Still wasn't real fond of it.  I'm thinking of dropping the % and see if it mellows out some.

Edited by xxxAlpha71xxx

It absolutely gags me from both companies.  I think CS is a stronger one, but honestly with hating the scent it's hard to tell for me.  It always was a great fall seller so I made it.  I had to have others test for me.

• 2 months later...