Build it and they will (hopefully) come.

16 hours ago, Sarah S said:

It looks awesome! I love the industrial feel of the containers with a strikingly modern and colorful label. Outstanding job!

The shop is visually appealing with a sense of modesty that I find refreshing.

My only critique, more of suggestion really, is think of some unique or special names for your fragrances that resonate with your story or your brand. For example, I was immediately drawn to the Maine Blueberry candle because I know you are from Maine and I thought that was cool. Same with the campfire one. Not that they all have to be Maine-related. With the Bitter Lion name, they could be mane-related. Badump-Ching!!!😂😂 Ok, bad jokes aside, something to think about that will help set you apart.

Overall I am super impressed, you have been working hard and it shows!! Great job!!!

Very good advice thank you. I actually have a list of “unusual” candle names and matching fragrances that as i grow I will be adding. 

• Like 1

Etsy LOVES cats. So I would create spiel about being a cat and animal lover. Are your candles vegan, you can spin that there too.

you need a burn shot somewhere Maine - like, if you want to emphasize that. Also maybe a shot of your daughter smelling fragrances, and story why she likes certain ones.

Create a discount code in your store. 

• Thanks 2

Everything looks great to me! I love the paint cans and your label and I'm  usually a primitive/colonial/rustic candle kind of person. It's all very well done and clean looking. I also like the about me section. By the way, is your daughter already studying to be an astrophysicist? ( I don't even know what that is!)  I thought she was a teenager or preteen in the picture.

Anyway, everything looks very nice and well organized! Great job! I hope you get many, many sells from your etsy store.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Belinda said:

Everything looks great to me! I love the paint cans and your label and I'm  usually a primitive/colonial/rustic candle kind of person. It's all very well done and clean looking. I also like the about me section. By the way, is your daughter already studying to be an astrophysicist? ( I don't even know what that is!)  I thought she was a teenager or preteen in the picture.

Anyway, everything looks very nice and well organized! Great job! I hope you get many, many sells from your etsy store.

Lol yes, I mentioned above that I am camera shy and usually the one BEHIND the camera, so unfortunately that is the most recent photo I have of the two of together, that was good enough to put in the about me.  But yes, she is now college age, not preteen like the photo and an Astrophysicist studies all things to do with the universe. Her intellect is "out of this world" 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, NightLight said:

Etsy LOVES cats. So I would create spiel about being a cat and animal lover. Are your candles vegan, you can spin that there too.

you need a burn shot somewhere Maine - like, if you want to emphasize that. Also maybe a shot of your daughter smelling fragrances, and story why she likes certain ones.

Create a discount code in your store. 

Working on burn shots as I type this. I found a 100 year old piece of wood in the rafters of my garage, so I am refinishing it little by little. I will use that as a prop base to take some good photos on if it comes out the way I want it. 

EDIT: Also, Im not entirely sure if they are vegan or not nor have I ever understood the benefits of calling it that. A clean burning candle, whether vegan or not, is my main goal. 

Edited by Clear Black

I know this from creating product lines. You need a story and a spin. So what can you make into you story?

Why did you create the candles? Why do I want your candles? Is there a cause your line cares about?

Benefits of candles in tines versus glass? All this stuff will help you.

Yes, and I hear you with the student $$.

• Like 2