Ravens

When you are a FOHO...

best thing to do is: just admit to it!

So, my dear friends and addicts, I am going to admit here that I'm a FOHO.  :blush:

Over the past week I received shipments of FOs from AH-RE, Fillmore, Candle Science, The Candle Source, Lone Star, Cajun Candle. Just wanting to add a few more to my 200+ collection.  But, hey, I've got candles, wax tarts, soaps, lotions, etc. to make!  My actions are justified, right? 😁

Just a quick question:  do you sometimes find yourself looking at your stash of FOs and feeling "lost", not knowing which one you should reach for (because you've got so darn many)?  That's me these days! 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ravens I know how you feel. I am trying to rehab my FO addiction and its not going too well! :laugh2:

• Haha 1

I am a binge FO shopper. 😶😶

I might need one oil, but you know you can't get just one, cause shipping! ...but then I shop around on price from other suppliers once  I spot a few that I want to try... but of course I can't not get the original oil even after I spot four more from another supplier that I want... and OMG there's a sale over there!! 😵😵

So for a week solid I'll have a package on my doorstep every day! 😂

Thank goodness the testing will keep me busy! Until I run out of wax and the process starts again!

• Haha 3

I'm just starting down this treacherous path so I'm just drinking my FO, not mainlining it.  If you had to pick one FO supplier which would it be based on variety of scents and quality of fragrances?  I've ordered from CS and Flaming Candle so far.  Just wondering if there's maybe a quality supplier out there that isn't one of the top 5 on Google.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, xxxAlpha71xxx said:

I'm just starting down this treacherous path so I'm just drinking my FO, not mainlining it.  If you had to pick one FO supplier which would it be based on variety of scents and quality of fragrances?  I've ordered from CS and Flaming Candle so far.  Just wondering if there's maybe a quality supplier out there that isn't one of the top 5 on Google.

Your path becomes even more treacherous when you Drink the FO. Might want to rethink that one.

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, xxxAlpha71xxx said:

For variety my favorite is Nature's Garden. Holy moly, they have a zillion fragrances. Not all of them work in wax though, so testing is imperative.

For quality my new favorite is Pure Fragrance Oils. Their FOs are just amazing.

• Like 3

True confessions bought from Flaming, Aztec, and Fragrance Buddy. Yes, you have to test. Have some duds in wax, or I just go 🤷‍♀️.

NWOW. Not worthy of wax.

• Like 1

I do like Candle Science in that every fragrance I have gotten from them are strong. Other companies hit or miss. Love Flaming Candle, Fillmore, but have had hit or misses with them in terms of scent strength in wax, for example Fillmore apple blossom is beautiful but it’s a light scent. Not even sure it would work in cp soap either.

• Like 1

In my experience, Candle Science fragrances always do well in my waxes.  I really do not have a second supplier but a lot of them!  In no particular order - well, some order, my most reliable FOs come from:

Aroma Haven/Rustic Escentuals

Peak

Elements

The Flaming Candle

Cajun

Aztec

• Like 1

I fit this category very much.  Sometimes I wonder if I get more excitement from reading the description and receiving oils to smell vs putting them in products LOL.  My dear friend @Belinda is also guilty 😂🤷‍♀️.

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, lovelyscents said:

I fit this category very much.  Sometimes I wonder if I get more excitement from reading the description and receiving oils to smell vs putting them in products LOL.  My dear friend @Belinda is also guilty 😂🤷‍♀️.

Guilty as charged! 🤪

• Haha 2

I say we all meet once a year, maybe somewhere warm, hey I’m in Wisconsin no palm trees here, and bring all our f.o.s and have a swap!😀

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, CandleRush said:

I say we all meet once a year, maybe somewhere warm, hey I’m in Wisconsin no palm trees here, and bring all our f.o.s and have a swap!😀

That sounds like a great idea! I live in a warm climate and not that far from Galveston which does have palm trees! 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 5:32 PM, NightLight said:

I do like Candle Science in that every fragrance I have gotten from them are strong. Other companies hit or miss. Love Flaming Candle, Fillmore, but have had hit or misses with them in terms of scent strength in wax, for example Fillmore apple blossom is beautiful but it’s a light scent. Not even sure it would work in cp soap either.

FM apple blossom Works great in cp but my people are not into it 🤦🏻‍♀️

A swap sounds great. Trying hard, and I mean HARD to use up what I have this year and really be a boss when buying new. If I were my employee I’d probably be fired. 

• Like 1

I’ve thought about doing a convention. Central Soapers workshop by Kendra Cote was in Kansas City a few years back. Maybe we can organize one closer to home here and combin soap and candles?

• Like 2