Authentic Patchouli FO Find

Jeana

I just wanted to let any patchouli lovers out there know the patchouli FO from Community Candles is right on the money for a dark, thick patchouli EO. This is OOB, in the wax, and burning. It's the best I've found by far. You have to wick it up but it doesn't drown flames. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 6/6/2019 at 4:36 PM, Sarah S said:

Thanks Jeana! I have been using and liking the one from Aztec, but it is definitely not that great. I will check CC out for sure! I've only gotten a couple FOs from them, but I liked what I got!

If you try it, let me know what you think.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darbla said:

Doggone it, you're going to make me place an order there after all.  Aren't they the place with Luxe Linen too?  That's been haunting me for months after it was brought up on here.

LOL, sorry, I was reluctant to get ANOTHER fragrance vendor but I couldn't resist. I don't know about the Luxe Linen, but all their oils seem very high quality. I was surprised seeing how they are a small place. They gave me 3 additional testers that were free with my order. When everyone else is raising their prices, I thought this was very generous :) 

The other samples I got that I like are Caribbean Teakwood, Tuscan Lemon Blossom, and their Cedarwood is actually a great Sandalwood. I doctored it a little and I got it to be a perfect authentic sandalwood in some soap. I'm so happy about this, I've looked for years for a great sandalwood. BUT, their actual sandalwood is not even close, so I won't get that one again. 

Their peppermint and eucalyptus both smell just like the EOs too.

Edited by Jeana

16 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

@Darbla, they also have the Odor Eliminator Additive for candles. My testing is still early, but it works fairly well at 2% without messing with my wicking in palm. I haven't tested it in paraffin yet.

Oh and their Vanilla Patchouli is awesome!

I got the OE too, which is why I placed the order with them. I've tried it in a couple scents but I don't see any difference if I use it or not at 1%. Do you see a difference when you use it scent/throw wise? I'm using it in a para veg blend.

Edited by Jeana

16 hours ago, Jeana said:

I got the OE too, which is why I placed the order with them. I've tried it in a couple scents but I don't see any difference if I use it or not at 1%. Do you see a difference when you use it scent/throw wise? I'm using it in a para veg blend.

At 1% I can't tell, at 2% it does do a better job eliminating other odors so just the candle smell remains.  It isn't nearly as good as the odor eliminator fragrance oil from CS, that stuff is magical!! Sadly it's just the one fragrance though. 

I feel like this additive works best with a FO that is already strong, and it helps to boost the scent. I'm going to try it with smelly jellies next.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CandleRush said:

I have not found one patchouli fo that smells close to the real one so I use  dark patchouli essential oil from Eden botanicals.

all their e.o.s are high quality.🌸

Have you tried the one from CC? I’ve tried most of them out there too. The one from CC is the only one that smells like the real thing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sarah S said:

At 1% I can't tell, at 2% it does do a better job eliminating other odors so just the candle smell remains.  It isn't nearly as good as the odor eliminator fragrance oil from CS, that stuff is magical!! Sadly it's just the one fragrance though. 

I feel like this additive works best with a FO that is already strong, and it helps to boost the scent. I'm going to try it with smelly jellies next.

Do you put the OE from CS with other scents? I can’t stand the smell of theirs. I liked the fact that the OE from CC is supposed to be used with other FOs. I was told it’s supposed to have enzymes that break down oder in it. 

If the only way you see a difference is with a strong FO, how do you know if the oder eliminating is coming from the OE or just the strong FO? And how are you testing the actual oder elimination? I don’t have a smelly house lol, so I’ve been just checking for a strong throw. 

22 hours ago, Jeana said:

Do you put the OE from CS with other scents? I can’t stand the smell of theirs. I liked the fact that the OE from CC is supposed to be used with other FOs. I was told it’s supposed to have enzymes that break down oder in it. 

If the only way you see a difference is with a strong FO, how do you know if the oder eliminating is coming from the OE or just the strong FO? And how are you testing the actual oder elimination? I don’t have a smelly house lol, so I’ve been just checking for a strong throw. 

You can't mix the OE from CS with other scents, it just eliminates the other scents. Total bummer, but that's how well it works! 😂

Yeah so, the problem is I can't be sure if it's the EO additive doing its job or just the strong FO and honestly I haven't done a ton of testing yet. I do have a candle with a lighter laundry type FO and the OE additive going in the kids bathroon right now (also home to the litter box, those poor kids), and its smelling pretty good. I've been using it in the kitchen with the new zucchini blossom from CW, and it does a good job with standard kitchen odors, but that zucchini blossom is kickin all by itself so that's a tough call. I really need to make a candle with just the additive and no FO to properly test it I'm thinking. 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarah S said:

You can't mix the OE from CS with other scents, it just eliminates the other scents. Total bummer, but that's how well it works! 😂

Yeah so, the problem is I can't be sure if it's the EO additive doing its job or just the strong FO and honestly I haven't done a ton of testing yet. I do have a candle with a lighter laundry type FO and the OE additive going in the kids bathroon right now (also home to the litter box, those poor kids), and its smelling pretty good. I've been using it in the kitchen with the new zucchini blossom from CW, and it does a good job with standard kitchen odors, but that zucchini blossom is kickin all by itself so that's a tough call. I really need to make a candle with just the additive and no FO to properly test it I'm thinking. 🤔

I've been struggling with trying to figure if its worth it to buy the additive or not. i love the idea, but i'm just not sure how to come to a conclusive answer. I kind of feel like every strong candle I've burned gets rid of all the orders I've ever dealt with. And I live by people with a lot of horses. And burning even a medium throw candle allows me to be able to have my doors open on hot days LOL Keep me posted if you  find anything conclusively beneficial with using the additive. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...