Please stop sweating!

ruralers

I added these cute little melt and pour embeds on my CP soap, but they just keep sweating.  Ugh.  I am trying to decide if it was something that I did or not.  I used Stephenson Melt and Pour Ultra Clear soap base and I believe I didn't overheat the batch, but I am reevaluating everything.  We are super humid hear in central IL, so could that just be what is going on?  Will it stop?  Is there another clear M&P that works better?  I appreciate the help!

5 hours ago, Shari said:

I make sure to use low sweat MP when I make embeds for my soaps (not often).   Also letting a fan blow on them helps until you can completely wrap them.

Hi Shari,

I have trouble deciphering whether the MP I am buying is low sweat.  Is there a good way to tell?  I wasn't aware that wrapping MP helps reduce sweat.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, ruralers said:

Hi Shari,

I have trouble deciphering whether the MP I am buying is low sweat.  Is there a good way to tell?  I wasn't aware that wrapping MP helps reduce sweat.  Thanks!

Not Shari but I have an answer for you. You will know its low sweat as it will say so. Yes wrapping M&P will reduce sweating. M&P draws moisture from the air because it is a glycerin base. So especially on humid days they will sweat profoundly. The worst is the 'fuzzy' sweater look they can get.

• Like 2