I'm BAAAAAAAAAACK !! lol

It's been a LONG LONG time since I was making candle/wickless/b&b and was probably going to continue to be out, UNTIL my best friend ( now " enabler" ) decided to get into all of this and was asking me for suggestions and help.  I have fought for months not to give in, but I can't help it............. the FOHO in me popped right out and blew a raspberry at me LOL. Now living in south Alabama, I was living in Gatlinburg Tn or Cullman Al when I was active on here , so being in a new area, I'm going to have to change my thinking and scent lines due to the change in locations and people's preferences... this should be interesting LOL . 

I've already noticed a few names I remember from back in the day on this and another forum that is no longer an active place, so you guys have made it easier for me to decide to give it a go again, seeing everyone here still active !!!

Just a rundown on what I used to do , in case anyone wonders lol

I used 4794 for all of these except the bleeding tapers

I did  A LOT of dipped toilet papers ( scented, colored, seriously decorated ) 

Clamshell  tarts ( looks out of the corner of my eye  wondering if YC is gonna zap me for using "tart" )

Some dipped bears/plushy's

Dipped Pine cones 

Cedar fires starters 

Bleeding taper candles

MP soap using a modified version of Prairie Annie's recipe 

( loaf and some molds) 

I am glad so many are still around and active in their business, hobby and on this forum and I can't wait to see what all everyone's been up too !!

Kat

Edited by blacktieaffair
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey there Ravens !!!! Hope you're doing great !!!  I am so excited ( and a lil scared) to get back into this after all these years, but I'm too stubborn to let it keep me from jumping in. The business has changed SOOOO very much from what it used to be and that is going to be the major " re-think re-learn" of all of this . Luckily I never did candles that much other than bleeding tapers and a few votive's so I am not going to have to sweat the whole " which wax/wick/fo/container/color " works. I just never had the patience to do that like all of ya'll did LOL .

Kat

4 minutes ago, blacktieaffair said:

Hey there Laura !!!! How are ya sweetie ? I know as hot as it's getting here in Bama you must be getting it worse down there already ! I think this summer is going to be a scorcher 

Kat 

Hi Kat, doing great, thanks. We have been pretty warm down here in FL, not too bad yet but it's coming. LOL

• Like 1

Lawd I know what you mean. I was going to ask you and Ravens and Tall what seems to be the "going thing" now as far as scents and sizes and all that .  I have thought about doing some of the larger "votive" type candles for a change now.... ( sort of the size of those Glade candles in the glass ) . I just don't know . 

Barbra, I'm in Opp .. it's dead center at the bottom of the state, between Dothan and Mobile. We're about 70 miles from the beach because the Panhandle is between me and it. I remember you distinctly from before on this and other boards. I was always so in awe of the soaps you did !!! I am just impatient to let something cure 2 to 4 months before I can use it or sell it but I bow to those of ya'll that do such amazingly beautiful work ! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 5:04 PM, blacktieaffair said:

It's been a LONG LONG time since I was making candle/wickless/b&b and was probably going to continue to be out, UNTIL my best friend ( now " enabler" ) decided to get into all of this and was asking me for suggestions and help.  I have fought for months not to give in, but I can't help it............. the FOHO in me popped right out and blew a raspberry at me LOL. Now living in south Alabama, I was living in Gatlinburg Tn or Cullman Al when I was active on here , so being in a new area, I'm going to have to change my thinking and scent lines due to the change in locations and people's preferences... this should be interesting LOL . 

I've already noticed a few names I remember from back in the day on this and another forum that is no longer an active place, so you guys have made it easier for me to decide to give it a go again, seeing everyone here still active !!!

Just a rundown on what I used to do , in case anyone wonders lol

I used 4794 for all of these except the bleeding tapers

I did  A LOT of dipped toilet papers ( scented, colored, seriously decorated ) 

Clamshell  tarts ( looks out of the corner of my eye  wondering if YC is gonna zap me for using "tart" )

Some dipped bears/plushy's

Dipped Pine cones 

Cedar fires starters 

Bleeding taper candles

MP soap using a modified version of Prairie Annie's recipe 

( loaf and some molds) 

I am glad so many are still around and active in their business, hobby and on this forum and I can't wait to see what all everyone's been up too !!

Kat

Hi Kat!!!!

Yes, it has been a long time....so glad to see you back girl! You remember when you, Laurie and I met ...I believe it was Applebee's in Sevierville? I don't know if you are aware , but sadly Laurie passed away.  I have thought a lot about you over the years hoping you were doing great after you had moved from here. I am so glad to see you are back at it again! You created the prettiest things!  :)

Juanita

OMG woman ! I finished the first sentence and started crying !!!!!!! I have missed ya'll SO VERY MUCH ! I had no idea about Laurie and now I"m crying more. I hope she didn't suffer. As for being back down in the south LA ( lower Alabama aka hot and humid central )  I have honestly just became a recluse. ( severe heath issues I'll message you about because I don't think everyone reading would like to hear   lol ) . I just hollered and told Aaron you were the one I was typing to and all I heard was " Thank God! Maybe now you... " as he walked off ! He's still my caretaker and gave up everything to be here for me ! Brie has been living in England all these years but now she's in Scotland. I can't get over this... I am SO very happy you are here. Please message me and tell me what happened to Laurie. My heart is breaking. Love and SO GLAD to see you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kat 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, puma52 said:

Hi Kat!!!!

Yes, it has been a long time....so glad to see you back girl! You remember when you, Laurie and I met ...I believe it was Applebee's in Sevierville? I don't know if you are aware , but sadly Laurie passed away.  I have thought a lot about you over the years hoping you were doing great after you had moved from here. I am so glad to see you are back at it again! You created the prettiest things!  :)

Juanita

OMG speaking of somebody finally being back!!!!!  I quoted an epic post of yours not long ago, and we were all musing in it where you'd gotten off to!

• Like 1

Seriously  , ya'll............ I've missed everyone so very badly. After I moved back down here, I gave up on all my stuff because the market was so flooded with candlers down here, I just couldn't compete. Then the health stuff slapped me in my face and I will be honest..... I made a concerted effort to NOT get on any of the boards because it just broke my heart because I missed ya'll and making stuff so much. Now that the market down here has adjusted itself ( which I am so horribly sorry for the ones who had to give it up ) maybe I can try to make a go of it. I'll do stuff I haven't done before ( which is either going to be a good thing or go really really wrong LOL ) There's a big movement down here on CDB oil and Hemp this and that so I'll be putting that in my B&B stuff and doing more of that than the wax melts. ( have I mentioned how bad I dislike WM and their $2 this and that ? ) But , regardless, I think, at the very least, it'll give me something to occupy myself with. I'll probably ( ok, I will definitely ) be flooding ya'll with questions so just be prepared LOL 

Kat

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darbla said:

OMG speaking of somebody finally being back!!!!!  I quoted an epic post of yours not long ago, and we were all musing in it where you'd gotten off to!

Hi Darbla!

I do and have missed this wonderful site....ah life , it keeps getting in the way...but I am determined to get back in here more and more often, if for no other reason that it is good for ME to be around all you good folks that love all the candles and all the other wonderful creative stuff that I do. :) I have missed you all.

Aahhhhhh......you are a FRESH deep breath of air there Kat!!! I have missed you!! I hear ya on the recluse thing.....you and I need to cut that crap out and get back here and back in the mix with all these great folks here. I am determined to make a batch of soap, lotion and lip balm here hopefully within the month....1st time in a year and a half...sheesh....I am so ashamed of myself! I have deeply missed making all those things.

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1