"Texas" themed fragrance oil recommendations please!

I've had a request from one of my stores to make some Texas themed candles.  Hmmmmm.....I asked her specifically what she was looking for and she said I could just come up with them myself.  This is always a challenge as everyone's interpretation of these things is different.  

I'm thinking that a leather/bourbon would be excellent (I like the RE leather and FC Kentucky Bourbon).

Any suggestions for a good bluebonnet FO?  Or mountain laurel?

Any other Texas scents you can recommend?

I love doing state themed candles - I have a pure Michigan line and constantly adding more names to it - I started with the main state symbols and went from there with well known points of interest and local things 

for blue bonnet I don’t know what that smells like but lonestar has one - I was fragrance browsing over the weekend and almost placed a small order with them - back in the day I did use them and they had some good oils 

other ideas: 

-Yellow Texas rose - any rose would do but I love elements sensuous black rose 

-a sagebrushish desert type tumble-weedy scent - maybe like desert sage from elements as far as name...🤷‍♀️ Texas storm or tumbleweed 

-pecan tree- maybe some butter pecan from JS

-armadillo - maybe a mix of something dry like vetiver with a water type scent 

-mockingbird - this could be anything you want it to be 

-longhorn- maybe a oatmeal milk and honey for this one 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't forget Yellow Rose of Texas.

How about some churro or mexican vanilla scents.

Cowboy Campfire - a campfire scent

El Paso Nights - a warm arrid breezy type scent

Texas Sidewinder - a clean grassy type scent

Chuck Wagon - 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the wonderful suggestions!!  We Texans love anything that is Texas themed!!  Maybe a Hook 'Em Horns scent would be good too!!

I did see the Bluebonnet FO at Lonestar but was a bit leery when a review said it smelled like an "old lady perfume".  Whatever that means........

Thanks again ladies!!

If you name a couple after the town/city in Texas the visitors will pick them up to take home.  My stores are in Cayucos so I had a whole line of Cayucos candles and even tho the scents were not my favorite they sold the best because we are a tourist town.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, moonshine said:

-armadillo - maybe a mix of something dry like vetiver with a water type scent 

CS has an awesome vetiver. I have a sample and have been dying to try it but I love smelling the bottle so much! LOL

It smells perfect by itself. But if you wanted to mix it to make it unique I would blend it with something like patchouli, or tall grass type, a wildflower, or maybe even an orange citrus. A water type would be nice but to my nose it already has a note of a fresh clean watery ozone so I would just use a little if I use one.

Or, you could mix the vetiver with a sage or tall grass type and it could be the Texas Sidewinder or Texas Tumbleweed candle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have you ever ordered from Texas Candle Supplies? I'm in southeast Texas and I know what you mean about Texans loving anything Texas themed! Anyway, TCS has several oils that are Cowboy/Texas themed and you can always change the name of some to fit more Texas than just cowboy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions!!  I think I'll combine the scent ideas with naming each after an area in Texas i.e. Texas Hill Country,  Piney Woods, Gulf Coast and specific cities as well.  I appreciate all of the input!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Candle Nook said:

I make a “water scent” and call it Gulf Breezes....

Is it a blend you could share? If not I understand. I just love water blends so much and it helps to get another perspective on what a water scent is to another person.

10 hours ago, Candybee said:

Is it a blend you could share? If not I understand. I just love water blends so much and it helps to get another perspective on what a water scent is to another person.

I’m an open book — and it’s not a blend at all. BA Kelp. So many ocean/lake/rain scents smell like laundry detergent to me. This one doesn’t so it’s my go-to. But I’m always looking for another. Currently have 3 or 4 samples to try from different companies. What are some of your fav Candybee?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Candle Nook said:

I’m an open book — and it’s not a blend at all. BA Kelp. So many ocean/lake/rain scents smell like laundry detergent to me. This one doesn’t so it’s my go-to. But I’m always looking for another. Currently have 3 or 4 samples to try from different companies. What are some of your fav Candybee?

Mentioned this is another thread but my fav water scent is fresh waterfall from PFO. Just a nice clean ozone water scent with a hint of floral. 

4 minutes ago, The Candle Nook said:

I think that’s one I ordered to try! ❤️

I just read the description and it says its a floral with ozone. To my nose it smells like a watery mist with notes of ozone and light florals. Anywho, I just love it. The price is what makes me use it as a blender for a scent I make. That way I can stretch out my bottle and make it last longer.

• Like 1