WYW Goddess??

KrisS

What is WYW Goddess?

I use a fragrance called Goddess from FB. Its a dupe of the original Old Mill fragrance that was carried by Moonworks when Old Mill went out of business. And I have to say it is spot on to the original.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 9:55 AM, Candybee said:

What is WYW Goddess?

I use a fragrance called Goddess from FB. Its a dupe of the original Old Mill fragrance that was carried by Moonworks when Old Mill went out of business. And I have to say it is spot on to the original.

Wick Your Wax (WYW) was one of my favorite suppliers in the early 2000s.  They were acquired by BCN around 2004-ish(?).   Bitter Creek carried Goddess as recently as a couple of  years ago--I don't recall exact timeline.

Good suggestion on FB.  Thank you for that.  I'm familiar with the MW dupe--it's a good scent, but the WYW version was my preference.  It smelled more like perfume.  The bottom notes were clove and musk...but it wasn't as clove filled as you'd expect.

Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will PM me with a partial bottle they'd be willing to sell so I could dupe it.

Edited by KrisS

KrisS I DON'T have any but I thought I'd tell you a " funny" . Years ago I got a full bottle off of the BCN classifieds and I was busy as heck making up about 40 different scents that weekend in melts. BRILLIANT me went on my merry way not paying attention. I use 4794 so I was excited to test the WYW G that next night. I lit it in a tealight warmer, and within an hour we were LITERALLY ran  out of a 3000sq ft home for about 8 hours AFTER blowing it out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those that don't know, WYW is double strength oil..... and I used a 1 to 1 ratio ( my normal mix amounts )......1:1 with WYW is an INSANE amount of FO to use.  I haven't done melts or anything for 6 years and last summer I just finished off the last cube I had.. I would have to cut the clamshell individual cube into 3 pieces to be able to burn it LOL ..

I hope you find some , that is some GREAT stuff !!! 

Kat

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, blacktieaffair said:

KrisS I DON'T have any but I thought I'd tell you a " funny" . Years ago I got a full bottle off of the BCN classifieds and I was busy as heck making up about 40 different scents that weekend in melts. BRILLIANT me went on my merry way not paying attention. I use 4794 so I was excited to test the WYW G that next night. I lit it in a tealight warmer, and within an hour we were LITERALLY ran  out of a 3000sq ft home for about 8 hours AFTER blowing it out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those that don't know, WYW is double strength oil..... and I used a 1 to 1 ratio ( my normal mix amounts )......1:1 with WYW is an INSANE amount of FO to use.  I haven't done melts or anything for 6 years and last summer I just finished off the last cube I had.. I would have to cut the clamshell individual cube into 3 pieces to be able to burn it LOL ..

I hope you find some , that is some GREAT stuff !!! 

Kat

I made a similar mistake...once.  :D 

I genuinely miss the old school suppliers and formulations pre-IFRA madness.  Another one I miss is AtWixEnd's Grandma's Kitchen.  There are dozens of FOs with that name available--I've tried many of them--but they don't smell like that particular one.   I may or may not have a small ancient sample of that one that still smells fabulous and worked well in wax when I used it a bit earlier this  year.

• Like 1

I know what you mean. I know I'm probably going to have to spend a small fortune on new oils that may have the same name but the regulations that have happened since I was active, have changed it a lot.  I got double whammied because back in the day, the two biggest sellers I had were closeouts from BCN ( the   lemon pound cake they discontinued when they replaced it with the one from BCS  and a honey crisp apple from Aztec) Have you asked over on that forum if anyone has any ? I know no one really talks but I have noticed in the past few weeks that there has been a small number that still come on and re-read the threads... 

• Thanks 1

It's a little bit daunting (and expensive) to start again after a hiatus.  I think there are a few of us here in that situation.  Wax is different (worse).  FO is a mixed bag--the scents are more complex and realistic in general, but many of them are appropriate for melts, room spray, and bath bombs vs candles.  The strength just isn't there anymore.

I remember that Goddess scent well.  For some reason, mine smelled like 1970's naughahyde couch after it had been put out when it had been on fire.  I don't know why that scent was so bad for me, when everybody else thought it was wonderful.  A forum member even mailed a sample to me, and I'm sure she was being absolutely truthful about how lovely it was, but for some reason it was all kinds of bad in my olfactory system.  I even went ahead and used it hoping it would mellow in wax, and it was a bit better but it still offended my sinuses. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/12/2019 at 12:15 PM, Darbla said:

I remember that Goddess scent well.  For some reason, mine smelled like 1970's naughahyde couch after it had been put out when it had been on fire.  I don't know why that scent was so bad for me, when everybody else thought it was wonderful.  A forum member even mailed a sample to me, and I'm sure she was being absolutely truthful about how lovely it was, but for some reason it was all kinds of bad in my olfactory system.  I even went ahead and used it hoping it would mellow in wax, and it was a bit better but it still offended my sinuses. 

:D  I'd jump up and down like a little kid if someone sent their leftovers.  I want to dupe it.  BC has offered to have it duplicated, but it would be a regular strength instead not the super-performer, and I'd have to buy 25lbs.  They're duping the other WYW scents, and I'd fully expect to have them dupe it, buy 25 lbs and then BC add that version back to the shelf after I'd bought 25 lbs. 

On 5/22/2019 at 8:20 AM, Karen M said:

I miss WYW, that lady was so nice. was is Doreen? her name

I don't remember her name, but I agree.  Very nice lady.  It's a testament to both her and the product she provided that we remember both positively.

On 5/27/2019 at 3:40 PM, KrisS said:

I don't remember her name, but I agree.  Very nice lady.  It's a testament to both her and the product she provided that we remember both positively.

I think Doreen but it has been so long, she was great.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...