FRUIT SLICES

CristiLee

I used to have fabulous results with CS Fruit Slices oil, I started having troubles with the HT last year.  I have done numerous rounds of testing and the HT is still no good, despite using my previous recipe.  I have ruled out the wax and the wicks as an issue, ordered new oils to rule out a bad batch.  In contacting CS they reassured me there were no changes to the oil formulation.  Is anyone else having issues with this oil?  I think I have lost my mind trying to reformulate this scent recipe.  Looking for any input if any others are having these issues or if it's just me!  I would give up if regular customers didn't keep asking me for it 😕

4 minutes ago, CristiLee said:

I used to have fabulous results with CS Fruit Slices oil, I started having troubles with the HT last year.  I have done numerous rounds of testing and the HT is still no good, despite using my previous recipe.  I have ruled out the wax and the wicks as an issue, ordered new oils to rule out a bad batch.  In contacting CS they reassured me there were no changes to the oil formulation.  Is anyone else having issues with this oil?  I think I have lost my mind trying to reformulate this scent recipe.  Looking for any input if any others are having these issues or if it's just me!  I would give up if regular customers didn't keep asking me for it 😕

Hi @CristiLee, I can't speak on that fragrance oil but I had a similar issue with a coconut wax that I had used for a few years, not naming names. I had used that wax so many times and knew it inside and out. All of a sudden that wax changed, I saw the differences in my products right in front of my eyes and side by side. I know it changed, no one can tell me any different. The manufacturer assured me that the wax had not changed, they didn't know what I was talking about and acted like I was crazy. Like the old saying goes, don't stand there peeing on my leg and tell me it's raining. LOL. Bottom line, I'm not crazy :tongue2:, I don't believe what suppliers or manufactures tell me anymore, I go with what I know as fact and have seen first hand. Go with your gut and your recorded facts and don't let them drive you crazy. LOL.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CristiLee said:

Thank you Laura... I agree!  Now how to figure out what to do to fix it :0  Hopefully someone on here will be able to give some input with their experience with this FO. 

Another great reason to keep detailed notes and I also take photos of stuff too.

• Like 1

If your wax/wicks are working with everything else, the fo probably did change.  I had a supplier tell me that very same thing and just looking at the bottles (lavender in this case) the oil was a totally different color.  It never performed as before so I know that it was being sourced elsewhere or since fo a formula had changed.

• Like 3