Taking a poll on smores or marshmallow fragrance

Trappeur

As of today, I still have not found the best marshmallow fragrance out there.   Been trying forever to duplicate McCalls marsmallow which is now renamed Smores but used to be Campfire Marsmallow.

This has been a conversation that has been brought up many times, and I have tried just about every smores or marshmallow fragrance out there even doing blends but nothing yet.  As of this moment my go to marshmallow is Just Scent's Smore's blended with Flamings Irish Cream Coffee.

Who's marshmallow do you use or recommend?

I'll bet that most love RE Toasted Marshmallow.

Thanks.                      Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have you tried ICS's Toasted Marshmallow? Very sweet, a hint of caramalization, and it throws well for me in palm and CBL125. I like BC's S'Mores, but it's really heavy on the chocolate, so the next time I pour it I am going to mix in the marshmallow to cut it a bit.

Does the McCall's have chocolate and graham, or is it just the marshmallow?

I know this has been quite the quest for you!

It's funny that you brought this up right now.  I have never found a good one, or so I thought.  Then, the other day I drug out a candle I made 4-5 years ago.  I don't know where the oil came from.  I had just labeled it Toasted Marshmallow (which may have been the actual FO name or maybe just what I chose to call it, IDK).  Anyway, that candle kicked butt.  It was strong and the scent was so true to a toasted marshmallow AND it was made with 464 AND it was perfectly wicked.  I loved every stinking minute of burning that thing.  Now I have to figure out where I got the FO from and then try to duplicate it with 6006, because I don't use 464 anymore.  

• Like 1

This is a great topic.  Somebody said in another thread that the perfect Marshmallow was like the Holy Grail, and having read all of the threads, multiple times (I'm thorough like that 😌), I agree it seems that way.  

The number one complaint I see in reviews has been strength.  Then some feel they are too sweet, too smokey too chocolatey etc...

I'm a newbie to marshmallow FOs. But I'm in the market for some.  

I was at the grocery store, and smelled this candle that was sweet and smokey, without paying attention to the name first.  It immediately reminded me of campfire.  The name, I believe, was Campfire S'mores.  I can't find the dang candle online or in store now. But it was the perfect non overwhelming smokey sweet I'm looking for.

I really want to find a FO close to that.  So I'm trying the obvious from WSP.  The catch for me is most highly rated toasted MM and campfire FO's contain phthalates, which for my purposes, I'm going to avoid.  

Also, I have a B&BW Marshmallow Fireside candle that is too intense in the woods dept, gives me a headache.  So, I probably won't get that dupe. 

Has anyone tried Toasted Marshmallow/S'mores Scents from WSP, FB or JS?  Thoughts?  

Oh and I wanted to mention.  I burned a coffee candle and a Christmas cookie candle a while back and it reminded me of toasted MM mocha.  So neat to hear about your blend @Trappeur.  Happens to be a favorite drink when fall hits.  Yum.

Edited by Jenni Wix
Clarify

Have you tried marshmallow madness from LS? I do love RE's toasted marshmallow but it honestly doesn't smell like marshmallows to me and I don't get any toasted notes from it either. It's just a rich vanilla something that I love though. But the marshmallow madness from LS smells different than any marshmallow I've smelled. The one from ICS is good too. I really hope you find what you're looking for.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nature’s Items marshmallow fluff 

ICS marshmallow fluff 

NYS marshmallow fluff 

these are all the same oil and the best marshmallow I have found!

I put a tester in at about 2 months cure and WOW that’s filled my room. It does need a long cure but it’s great. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 5/1/2019 at 6:14 AM, Sarah S said:

Have you tried ICS's Toasted Marshmallow? Very sweet, a hint of caramalization, and it throws well for me in palm and CBL125. I like BC's S'Mores, but it's really heavy on the chocolate, so the next time I pour it I am going to mix in the marshmallow to cut it a bit.

Does the McCall's have chocolate and graham, or is it just the marshmallow?

I know this has been quite the quest for you!

Does ICS's toasted marshmallow smell gooey? I've been trying to find the perfect toasted marshmallow fragrance that is authentic. I don't like RE's it doesn't smell like marshmallow at all to me.