Wax melts

Jesyenn90

Hi, 

I have recently started making wax melts and I have tried a couple different waxes and ways to do them. First I tried vegetable wax, then paraffin. 

I was hoping to find out;

* Which wax is best to use for a good strong and lasting scent?

* Which temperature is best to use for, melting, adding colour & fragrance, pouring?

* What is your most popular selling frangrances? 

* Which website is best to use to buy supply’s? I currently use soap suppliers the last couple of times.

Thankyou in advance !! ❤️ Xxx

🎀 Jessica 🎀

I would highly suggest you spend time on this forum looking under wickless candles, general questions and in the fragrance section as you will find all your answers there.   Spend a lot of time reading.   All these questions you will get mixed answers from everyone.   What works for this person doesn't mean it will work for you.   You have to test test test and then do more tests, tests, tests.    So I would go there now.

Not meaning to shun away from your questions, but they are asked over and over and over again and all your answers will be in these sections.

Trappeur

• Like 3

Hi @Jesyenn90

welcome.  The answer to each of your questions is, “it depends”. Sounds ambiguous, but it really is the truth.  Everyone has different luck with their waxes and FO given their exact box of wax and bottle of FO. Every lot number of raw material is slightly different. 

The best east advice I can is pick which wax you want to work with, and master it.  Wax hopping without really digging in will be tedious, frustrating and expensive.  Many of us could pick any wax and FO and make a fine wax melt only because we have taken the time to really understand and learn the craft. It’s not rocket science, just artsy science. 

Visit the suppliers by state list an pick one or two close to you and check their total cost for wax with shipping and you’ll be on your way in no time. Give yourself plenty of time to see how your creations age and perform. 

Then grab ray a nice tall beverage and read up in wickless for a while to get a feel for how it goes. 

Peruse etsy and find the sellers who you most admire. Ask why that is, and start making things until you figure out if you like it enough to dive in deeper. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jesyenn90 said:

Hi, 

I have recently started making wax melts and I have tried a couple different waxes and ways to do them. First I tried vegetable wax, then paraffin. 

I was hoping to find out;

* Which wax is best to use for a good strong and lasting scent?

* Which temperature is best to use for, melting, adding colour & fragrance, pouring?

* What is your most popular selling frangrances? 

* Which website is best to use to buy supply’s? I currently use soap suppliers the last couple of times.

Thankyou in advance !! ❤️ Xxx

🎀 Jessica 🎀

I use the Ky parasoy from Rustic Esentuals---easy to use 

Ditto on what everyone else has said.

As far as most popular selling fragrances, it depends on where you live I think. My most popular selling fragrances are anything that I blend with leather but personally it's not my favorite. Some here can't give that scent away and vice versa with me on their most popular scents. Some sell tons of floral and some bakery. It's going to depend on area and other things.

As far as which wax is best to use for strong and long lasting scents, in my opinion that will depend largely on the fragrance. There are those that use soy only and that get a strong and long lasting throw, those that use a blend and those that use paraffin alone or other wax that get a long lasting throw. You'll have to test each wax to see which works best for you and your methods. I've used several types of waxes in the last 7 years. I've never used all soy but have used a blend of soy and paraffin, all paraffin, KY wax, and had good results with all of them. 

I’ve used a lot of different waxes for melts. So much of it depends on your personal preference. 

Lots of great advice here, do a lot of reading and then dig in and start testing!

Fragrances are also very subjective. Personally I’ve had good results with oils from Candlewic, Indiana Candle, Natures Garden, and Aztec, just to name a few suppliers.