What fragrance for candle named Painted Night Sky

Trappeur

I have a presentation for 2 Southwest stores and am picking out my fragrances I am going to make to bring.

I have named this candle "Painted Night Sky"......lol...I know there is a member on this board of that name but I asked eons ago if i could use her name for a candle as i just loved that name, so I am.

So now my question is what fragrance comes to your mind of what would be a Painted Night Sky?

I was thinking somewhere along the line of a spice?   Maybe something like Carmalized Fig and Vanilla Custard?

Then I thought about a cinnamon.   Cinnamon broom is a year round seller for me.   I use Fragrance Buddy's cinnamon broom with some red hot cinnamon stix added to it to kick it up a notch...It's really nice and vibrant and great seller.

I don't know...maybe I'm going the wrong direction?

Trappeur

Hi SE2653 - good to see you here....it's been a while....

I went and checked out the reviews on it and there are lots - all mixed reviews.   I don't order from WSP because they are too expensive for me being I sell wholesale to stores..  This is too expensive at 31.95 a pound of oil, but thankyou....Maybe one day I will try it.   But thanks.

Trappeur

There are a lot of ways you could go with that name.  I immediately thought of Celtic Moonspice (RE), and then that was followed (in my mind) by Midsummer Night....and those two scents couldn't be more different.  I also thought of Storm Watch, just like Belinda, but that's probably because I rename it Stormy Night.  LOL.  Havana would also work.  I guess it's one of those names that will mean to the customer whatever you make it.  I'm sure it'll be great, whatever you decide.

• Like 1

Hi Trappeur ,  I would think about the season of which the "Painted night sky " comes to mind. When I think of it , I think of a beautiful summers' evening of orange , gold and red. I 'm with you in thinking of warm , rich scents. Possibly with you coming into summer those fragrances may need to be toned down , especially if it gets hot where you live. In saying that , going with a spiced more Persian fragrance may be nice? I wouldn't want anything really sweet and warm in summer, but a middle eastern flavour would work I think x

Trappeur when I read your post my first thought was an old fragrance I used to used called Sahara. It was a desert scent, dry, arrid, ozone, floral, and citrus. Perfect for a desert breeze type scent and when I hear the name Painted Night Sky it conjures up an image of the painted desert and fabulous sunsets.

As far from spice as you can get, more light, airy, breezy, and soft. A good blend idea for this is an ozone based water scent, the dry down of linen, a fresh citrusy grapefruit, and a hint of floral like a white type floral; night blooming jasmine, honeysuckle, orchid. For a more intoxicating version add either a white musk or a heady spicy carnation. Carnation is the only spice type I would add as its a floral and carnations smell naturally spicy. If you want notes of romance use a bit of amber or patchouli or sandalwood. 

Personally, if I was making the blend I would use white linen, clean ozone type water scent (not an ocean type, think waterfall or river rapids), grapefruit, jasmine, freesia, and sandalwood.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 2

Well I can honestly say I won't be putting that combo together for Painted Night Sky Candybee.    The way you have used all those beautiful descriptive words is just awesome.   You need to make up a fragrance like this ........Jo Malone, move over for Candybee!

Trappeur

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well if you still want spicy I have another idea thats totally different. Have you ever tried FB's Goddess? Its a MW FO that FB duped and its spot on. Its sultry, sexy, and deeply spicy being described as 'ancient' spices. I would blend it with a campfire type that is smoky, woodsy, with hints of toasted marshmellow. Don't knock it til you've tried it. You'd be amazed what adding a bit of campfire to a spice blend can do. I had a blend like it that became a best seller. I called it Morrocan Spa or something like that and couldn't keep it in stock.