Jump to content

Any news from Maple Street?


Mamabear
 Share

Recommended Posts

The owner of Maple Street said at least a month ago that it would be 2 more weeks (after changing the timeline several times already) until they got in their new fragrances.  I can't seem to get an answer at all on when they are supposed to be in.  He hyped them all up and now it seems like maybe he's not even getting them.  Has anyone heard anything?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not a fan of Maple Street fragrances. The last time I ordered from them all 20 of the sample I tried were weak, and only a couple threw well in my wax. And I was only using paraffin, so it's not like I had a tricky wax. And the fragrances were pretty uninspired. 

Just my .02, if the owner is now making promises that are not being followed through on, I'd start looking at other supplies. There are so many really good ones, and if you are looking for something local-ish to PA, there are three others in PA and at least two in Ohio that I can think of off the top my head.

Again, just my opinion. 😁

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

I am not a fan of Maple Street fragrances. The last time I ordered from them all 20 of the sample I tried were weak, and only a couple threw well in my wax. And I was only using paraffin, so it's not like I had a tricky wax. And the fragrances were pretty uninspired. 

Just my .02, if the owner is now making promises that are not being followed through on, I'd start looking at other supplies. There are so many really good ones, and if you are looking for something local-ish to PA, there are three others in PA and at least two in Ohio that I can think of off the top my head.

Again, just my opinion. 😁

Thanks.  

 

I use several different suppliers and have only bought from Maple street maybe a couple of times.  I agree that if he keeps this up I won't wait for them much longer.  I'm sure it will be fragrances that I can get elsewhere anyway.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In our real life business, "expected delivery dates" and "estimated availability dates" are rarely accurate.  All we can go by is what the suppliers tell us, but they are unreliable more often than not.  I imagine it's the same situation for fragrance suppliers.  Too many variables down the line.  I agree that customer service should respond to inquiries, but actual delivery of the product is most likely out of their control.  I'm sure they are just as anxious to receive the fragrances as their customers are.  
With all that said, I've ordered clamshells several times from MS, and I've tried several FO's in the process.  I was underwhelmed as a whole, but I do use their Vanilla Tobacco, which is very nice and strong, and I use one of the caramels (I forgot which).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

In our real life business, "expected delivery dates" and "estimated availability dates" are rarely accurate.  All we can go by is what the suppliers tell us, but they are unreliable more often than not.  I imagine it's the same situation for fragrance suppliers.  Too many variables down the line.  I agree that customer service should respond to inquiries, but actual delivery of the product is most likely out of their control.  I'm sure they are just as anxious to receive the fragrances as their customers are.  
With all that said, I've ordered clamshells several times from MS, and I've tried several FO's in the process.  I was underwhelmed as a whole, but I do use their Vanilla Tobacco, which is very nice and strong, and I use one of the caramels (I forgot which).  

I guess I just get excited for new fos!!  The thing is, when any other company says they will have them, they do.  Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see.  In the meantime I will stock up at BB and NI.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mamabear said:

I guess I just get excited for new fos!!  The thing is, when any other company says they will have them, they do.  Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see.  In the meantime I will stock up at BB and NI.

Yep.  I prefer not to advertise product until I have it in hand, but I guess they like to drum up that anticipation.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Eh, guess I'm completely giving up on Maple Street.  It's been almost 2 months since he was supposed to have the new fragrances.  Plus, he has said twice now this month that he was going to release a 5 for $5 coupon for the month of May and is now saying he's too busy with the new clamshells to release it.  

 

Now, I understand that things happen in business, but at this point it's just empty words.  He talks big but does nothing....

 

It's not like I was real big into the oils there anyway, but I like to give companies a shot before I cross them off the list for good.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mamabear........ I just now about 8 minutes ago ran across this supplier while looking for round clamshells that could be bought in the US and not have to order from overseas. Since it's been so long since I was in business, I've been looking at new suppliers that have came into business since I've been gone. Concerning the 5 for $5... I decided to look at their " Samples" sets and the very first one is highly confrusing ( yes I know what I spelled lol ) me. The listing is for ..... 5 1 oz Fragrances for 5.00 LIMIT ONE PER PERSON PER MONTH but underneath that, it's listed as selling for $11.95.   I know I tend to skip over words when reading, but that DOES say 5 1oz fos for 5.00. I was really hoping good reviews from this place so I came over here to see if anyone had dealt with them and well, this is the first topic about them............ Kinda scares me off from them if they can't even say what they mean in their own website ad.   I guess if you use the code it will be 5.00 but only if you use it. 

Edited by blacktieaffair
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, blacktieaffair said:

Mamabear........ I just now about 8 minutes ago ran across this supplier while looking for round clamshells that could be bought in the US and not have to order from overseas. Since it's been so long since I was in business, I've been looking at new suppliers that have came into business since I've been gone. Concerning the 5 for $5... I decided to look at their " Samples" sets and the very first one is highly confrusing ( yes I know what I spelled lol ) me. The listing is for ..... 5 1 oz Fragrances for 5.00 LIMIT ONE PER PERSON PER MONTH but underneath that, it's listed as selling for $11.95.   I know I tend to skip over words when reading, but that DOES say 5 1oz fos for 5.00. I was really hoping good reviews from this place so I came over here to see if anyone had dealt with them and well, this is the first topic about them............ Kinda scares me off from them if they can't even say what they mean in their own website ad.   I guess if you use the code it will be 5.00 but only if you use it. 

Yes!!  And he hasn't released the code this month because he's been "too busy".  I buy to from several suppliers, but Nature's Fragrance (used to be Nature's Items) is pretty much my go to.  They are a fairly new company, only been in business about 2 years.  They are a husband and wife team and they GET IT DONE.  Right now, they only have oils and wax dye, but hopefully they will add on in the future.  

 

I have stopped buying from just scent as she was pretty scammy (lol, I use funny words too!), Buy there are other good places out there.  

 

As for the round clams, I think MS is one of the only places in the US that sell them.  Hopefully there will be more soon.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been reading the names, descriptions and reviews of the scents and , well... it sure seems like a lot of the fo names are the exact same from the big 4 suppliers...... I thought it was in our, and the suppliers best interest to rename our fragrances ... I mean, I know there were a few I used the name of the actual fo, but I hadn't got past the J's when it seemed like I was reading off the same names from Candle Science, Bittercreek, Aztec and RE .. mainly CS... < shrugs > 😕

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, blacktieaffair said:

I've been reading the names, descriptions and reviews of the scents and , well... it sure seems like a lot of the fo names are the exact same from the big 4 suppliers...... I thought it was in our, and the suppliers best interest to rename our fragrances ... I mean, I know there were a few I used the name of the actual fo, but I hadn't got past the J's when it seemed like I was reading off the same names from Candle Science, Bittercreek, Aztec and RE .. mainly CS... < shrugs > 😕

I would highly suggest you check out www.naturesfragrance.com they have some dupes, but I know they try to have ones that are more unique.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will Mamabear. Sounds good.............. But, I gotta take it back. I know I just read off the entire CS fo list with just a couple of RE and BC's thrown in. And yes, I realize the owner may see this and all I can say is .............. Rename your stuff if you want me to buy it because everything I was interested in, I already get somewhere else where I know it's good LOL

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, blacktieaffair said:

I will Mamabear. Sounds good.............. But, I gotta take it back. I know I just read off the entire CS fo list with just a couple of RE and BC's thrown in. And yes, I realize the owner may see this and all I can say is .............. Rename your stuff if you want me to buy it because everything I was interested in, I already get somewhere else where I know it's good LOL

At NF they have a list of their top 10 monthly sellers also!  Like I said, there are some common ones, but there are also some very unique ones!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.... I'm kinda an FO HO ............ pretty sure THAT ( getting over $40 ) won't take but about 5 minutes. ( I used to do wickless instead of candles, and I had buys in 3 distinct "want this not that " areas so there was a time, to fulfill orders, I was carrying and making right at 300 scents.  ( I did however whittle it down to 200 LOL ) 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blacktieaffair said:

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.... I'm kinda an FO HO ............ pretty sure THAT ( getting over $40 ) won't take but about 5 minutes. ( I used to do wickless instead of candles, and I had buys in 3 distinct "want this not that " areas so there was a time, to fulfill orders, I was carrying and making right at 300 scents.  ( I did however whittle it down to 200 LOL ) 

Sorry, my phone died as I was typing a reply!  Lol!

Is there any specific types of scents that you prefer or look for?  I have tried most of them, so I may be able to help.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My DS has told me that I am no longer allowed to talk to you. .............. I have just emptied out three carts from vendors and about to order approx. 3/4s of their line of FOs....... Hi. My name is Kathryn. I am a fragrance ho. LOL 

Mamabear, I thank you for pointing me in the direction of Nature's Fragrance. 

My son however said ugly things as he walked off mumbling under his breath .............. LMAO ! 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmmm after reading this maybe I should go thru one of the way to many boxes of sample oils I have. I ordered from here a few months ago but never put them all in wax. Pretty sure I ordered about 40 samples. I didn’t know about free shipping over $40. 

That’s a great deal for sure!!! Maybe I can find some replacements for the suppliers that I only order a few from and switch to Nature’s Fragrance!!! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2019 at 11:40 PM, blacktieaffair said:

My DS has told me that I am no longer allowed to talk to you. .............. I have just emptied out three carts from vendors and about to order approx. 3/4s of their line of FOs....... Hi. My name is Kathryn. I am a fragrance ho. LOL 

Mamabear, I thank you for pointing me in the direction of Nature's Fragrance. 

My son however said ugly things as he walked off mumbling under his breath .............. LMAO ! 

Did you end up ordering??  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

Hmmmm after reading this maybe I should go thru one of the way to many boxes of sample oils I have. I ordered from here a few months ago but never put them all in wax. Pretty sure I ordered about 40 samples. I didn’t know about free shipping over $40. 

That’s a great deal for sure!!! Maybe I can find some replacements for the suppliers that I only order a few from and switch to Nature’s Fragrance!!! 

I think they just started the free shipping thing a couple weeks ago.  Not sure exactly when though.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...