I decided to test out some 4630. I'm going to be using 8oz tins. I'll probably be ordering all my supplies from Candlewic since I can get the best combined shipping rate from them, so I wanted to make sure to get all my wicks from them as I know they can vary slightly from different suppliers. I was thinking about ordering 73, 83, 93, and 104 to give me some good variety, plus I've read on here that htp's work well in this wax. Candlewic doesn't seem to carry htp93's though? 

Do you all think I could get by without them? Or should I order them from another supplier? 

I have only used this wax in melts, so wicking is going to be a whole new adventure. 

It sure doesn't hurt to have options....the more you have, the better.

Trappeur

• Like 1

Its a very popular style wick so just google and shop around for the best pricing....lots of suppliers have that wick.

• Thanks 1

I love a lot of things about Candlewic, but not their pre-tabbed wicks. I have had bad luck with them pulling off at the tab, and arriving all bent and twisted up.

IMHO, Flaming and Filmore have great HTP wicks.

• Thanks 1

They may offer free shipping but their bags of wicks are much more expensive like 4.50  more per bag and up.   The cd wicks are 5.50 more per bag so I don't consider that a savings of free shipping as they have padded the bags of wicks with the shipping figured in.   I thought that was a great deal when I saw free shipping as I was going to order from them, but it isn't, so I just ordered from the regular companies I order from.   I dispeize  that when I see things like this as a marketing ploy to get you to order from a company and they pull crap like that.....  Just have to be careful and price shop.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 2

Yeah I looked and I could get 20 of each of four different sizes from Northstar for $30.80 or 25 of each of four different sizes from Flaming Candle shipped for $21.88. They also have tins. Hopefully once we've finished moving the tins will be back in stock. 

Yep, that's what I'm saying....and Flaming is great on shipping prices...actually one of the very best.   Very fair and honest.

Trappeur

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

They may offer free shipping but their bags of wicks are much more expensive like 4.50  more per bag and up.   The cd wicks are 5.50 more per bag so I don't consider that a savings of free shipping as they have padded the bags of wicks with the shipping figured in.   I thought that was a great deal when I saw free shipping as I was going to order from them, but it isn't, so I just ordered from the regular companies I order from.   I dispeize  that when I see things like this as a marketing ploy to get you to order from a company and they pull crap like that.....  Just have to be careful and price shop.

Trappeur

When you only need to test one or two sizes of something, $3-4 delivered is a pretty good deal.  I don’t get tempted to play the shopping cart game to make shipping make sense, so I don’t over buy. That saves hundreds of $ a year right there. How many times have we bought 100 wicks to find out after the first burn they don’t work? Wasted cash flow right there. 

• Like 2