Finished Easter candle with label on jar

Trappeur

Headed out the door to deliver candles as a surprise to the owner of the shop in town.

I took a few pictures.  A couple inside and then ran outside and stuck them in my flowers I have to plant.

I really like how they came out with the silver zinc lid.

I'll be wholesaling these to her for either 9.00 or 9.50 a jar.   I'll think about it on my drive into town.

I set them up in a basket of which I have burlap and lace in it to hold the candles with a glitzy floral/vine to give the whole look a somewhat springy look.

Trappeur

CIMG2366.thumb.JPG.6e189fd3bc45581ac5f6901c26a92410.JPG

CIMG2335.thumb.JPG.d65d4f92f9b49b523848a75e738efd14.JPG

CIMG2338.thumb.JPG.9c9c8ecb0df12a3a470c3b6bdfd9cd7c.JPG

CIMG2338.thumb.JPG.9c9c8ecb0df12a3a470c3b6bdfd9cd7c.JPG

CIMG2390.thumb.JPG.e04ecbfcf6d5297f2de7b221897f0d1a.JPG

CIMG2393.thumb.JPG.ef501448096cb183308458a90e211597.JPG

CIMG2396.thumb.JPG.f8d2c70f6970b7133a9c3ebe5725e59b.JPG

• Like 6

Well, I'm back from town and made the delivery to her.   She loved the candles and took them all!   She even asked if I would leave the basket there just the way I had them presented to her so I did and I'll get the basket back later.

Thankyou everyone for the beautiful comments.   I get the labels from Zazzle Karin.

Trappeur

• Like 1

Thankyou Awni.

I did the candles in some of her top selling scents so they are well proven sellers.

I did 12 of them in Island Pineapple (is really Pineapple Cilantro from Flaming) and 12 of them in Lemon Verbena from Flaming also.  I wholesaled them to her for 9.50 a jar which she thought was cheap....

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

• 2 weeks later...

Well something great happened for me!  I originally brought I think it was 2 dozen of these Easter jars which she had no idea she was getting.   She sold all of them but 2 which was great.   She just emailed me and said she loves this style pint canning jar with the silver lid and bow on it so much that she is now adding a new style jar to the candles I already to sell to her and she gave me a start off order of 100 candles!   Woo hoo for me!   i never expected this!

Trappeur

• Like 3

I've been watching those lids on Fillmore and they have been out of the galvanized olde tymy lids for weeks now.   I sure hope they don't discontinue them.   Does anyone know where I can order this lid elsewhere?   They are about 63cents from Fillmore but double that price elsewhere.   They are a shiny galvanized.

Thanks. 

Trappeur

I know!   Was that something?   I never went in there to pickup an order......just to bring a surprise collection for her for Easter.  She is a good good client.  I already make her the large 20oz tureens and the little 5oz italian mason jars so now she has these.   See it's amazing...my biggest store I sell to which is the apple orchard has the same exact pint canning jar that they sell for 14.00 a jar and here is another store just a couple miles down the road but in the heart of the business district and gets 20.00 a jar.   It just goes to show how well you how you could have the same product just a few miles down the road and present them to sell in an entire different type of setting/theme of your shop and it makes all the world of difference.   Granted I've decorated them much different and just by adding a tiny detail like the rust star makes or breaks it.   The apple orchard they just shove the candles in and on a shelf and that's it.   Nothing appealing to the display setting here what so ever.   All the people care about is seeing the name of the shop on the label and they are sold.   Now this other account is a beautiful classy home furnishings shop - just beautiful.   She takes the time to set up the beautiful display of the candles and is very meticulous about how each and every product is displayed in her shop.   Now she can command more money and she gets it.   And we both are happy.   The apple orchard the pint jar I wholesale them for 7.50 but I'm getting ready to up them to 8.00 a jar and they sell them I think for 14.95    And this other shop I wholesale them for 9.50 a jar and she gets 19.95 a jar.....

I run to Save a Lot to buy my jars for 6.99 a case (no shipping) and all I have to do is change out the lids.   Now I have to order these lids from Fillmore who is out of stock on them.   I combed and combed the internet for this lid and no one else has it unless I want to pay 1.99 a lid....I need to be able to get these lids as they make the candle and now I'm sweating buckshot thinking I'm going to have future problems....Surely someone else out there carries them???So the hunt continues....

Yep 100 candles.  I've come a long long way in this candle business.   I used to make like maybe 15 to 20 candles a day.   Now I can knock out 100 a day easily.  Lots of little things I've learned along the way to speed up production and I do them all by myself in my jammies or sweats.  ha ha ha

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2019 at 6:40 PM, Trappeur said:

I know!   Was that something?   I never went in there to pickup an order......just to bring a surprise collection for her for Easter.  She is a good good client.  I already make her the large 20oz tureens and the little 5oz italian mason jars so now she has these.   See it's amazing...my biggest store I sell to which is the apple orchard has the same exact pint canning jar that they sell for 14.00 a jar and here is another store just a couple miles down the road but in the heart of the business district and gets 20.00 a jar.   It just goes to show how well you how you could have the same product just a few miles down the road and present them to sell in an entire different type of setting/theme of your shop and it makes all the world of difference.   Granted I've decorated them much different and just by adding a tiny detail like the rust star makes or breaks it.   The apple orchard they just shove the candles in and on a shelf and that's it.   Nothing appealing to the display setting here what so ever.   All the people care about is seeing the name of the shop on the label and they are sold.   Now this other account is a beautiful classy home furnishings shop - just beautiful.   She takes the time to set up the beautiful display of the candles and is very meticulous about how each and every product is displayed in her shop.   Now she can command more money and she gets it.   And we both are happy.   The apple orchard the pint jar I wholesale them for 7.50 but I'm getting ready to up them to 8.00 a jar and they sell them I think for 14.95    And this other shop I wholesale them for 9.50 a jar and she gets 19.95 a jar.....

I run to Save a Lot to buy my jars for 6.99 a case (no shipping) and all I have to do is change out the lids.   Now I have to order these lids from Fillmore who is out of stock on them.   I combed and combed the internet for this lid and no one else has it unless I want to pay 1.99 a lid....I need to be able to get these lids as they make the candle and now I'm sweating buckshot thinking I'm going to have future problems....Surely someone else out there carries them???So the hunt continues....

Yep 100 candles.  I've come a long long way in this candle business.   I used to make like maybe 15 to 20 candles a day.   Now I can knock out 100 a day easily.  Lots of little things I've learned along the way to speed up production and I do them all by myself in my jammies or sweats.  ha ha ha

Trappeur

#candlegoals!!

So impressive!