Hi from Montana!

MTMade

Hi there! I'm jumping back into candle making after a 12 year break - raising kids takes SO much time!!  :-)  I forgot how much I LOVE candle making, and am excited to start again. My husband and I own a hardwood floor business, which also keeps us busy, but I'm finding time to experiment with coconut wax.  After working almost exclusively with palm, I have to say I love, love the white creamy texture. I am enjoying this forum so much, and appreciate those you like to keep it positive and are so willing to offer advice and encouragement.  

• Like 1

Welcome MTMade.  Nice you are getting back into your candle making.  It's good you found this forum this time around for advice and answers with you new wax adventure!

My husband is Montana born and raised!   It is such a beautiful BIG SKY COUNTRY ….I enjoy every visit we get to make.

5 hours ago, Jenni Wix said:

Hi, from your neighbor in Idaho! I've been candle making for a bit, and I love the throw from coconut wax.  Wicking has been a challenge.  Onward!  Glad to see another westerner around!

Yes, definitely a challenge! And of course I can't make it easy on myself - I'm experimenting with combining palm embeds and layers with the coconut wax... we'll see... :-)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, barbaranj said:

Welcome MTMade.  Nice you are getting back into your candle making.  It's good you found this forum this time around for advice and answers with you new wax adventure!

My husband is Montana born and raised!   It is such a beautiful BIG SKY COUNTRY ….I enjoy every visit we get to make.

I grew up in Montana as well, and I feel super lucky to be raising my boys here. What part is your husband from?  And actually, I was on this forum way back when, but I must have been purged! (or maybe I just couldn't remember the sign on correctly) Yes, it's been that long...  :-)