4625/4630 tart blend

sandy511

10 hours ago, LittleMissSunshine said:

In my experience you will want to go a bit higher. Heat to around 190°, add fragrance around 185°, and pour around 175°. If you go too cool it will start to solidify and your fragrance oil will not bind to it. 

Agreed. Also, if you are working with smaller batches (less than a pound), you will need to start with the higher temp since it will drop quickly once you get it off the heat.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LittleMissSunshine said:

In my experience you will want to go a bit higher. Heat to around 190°, add fragrance around 185°, and pour around 175°. If you go too cool it will start to solidify and your fragrance oil will not bind to it. 

Regarding the topic of this post, I use 4625 but not blended with 4630. With 4625 and basically any wax or combo I use it seems like those same temps always work great for me with candles and with wax melts.

On 4/7/2019 at 6:24 PM, Trappeur said:

And you have no problem with the plastic tart trays melting or warping?

Trappeur

I had to pour below 170 in clamshells. In cups it didn't matter so much if it was the oval cups. They seem to be a bit thicker. By the time you stir for two minutes it's cooled down enough not to warp.