What fragrance or fragrance(s) have been your best seller (s).

Trappeur

What fragrance(s) have been your best sellers this past year (2018) whether you sell to stores or craft shows or consignment?

Any new ones that you added to your regular line?

Any fragrances that you dropped?

Any new style jars?

I'll go first.....

I sell to stores.

One store pretty much stays the same even though she did try a few new scents.

Her jars are the 22oz tureens and the tiny 5oz italian canning jars.

#1 Seller is Pineapple Cilantro

#2, #3, #4: pretty much stays the same;  Basil, Sage, & Mint, Lux Linen, Lemon Verbena

#5: Crackling Firewood which is renamed Christmas Hearth (she sells all year long).  Sales doubled this year on this scent.

Slower sellers this past year due to her burning only what she likes which is the Pineapple Cilantro her sales went down on the Chardonnay, Vanilla Champagne and Southern Sweet Tea.

My biggest account (the apple orchard)

There is no best sellers there as they all sell....as long as their name is on the label, they all fly out the door.   Even new scents sell equally as well.

Another account a little country store in the back woods here the best sellers are:

#1:   Orange Creamsicle

#2:   Cinnamon Broom

#3:   Balsam Fir

#4:   Farmhouse Cider

Their jar is the pint canning jar with black lid.

Pineapple Cilantro is a new one I made up for this shop this past year and it's really moving pretty fast.

Tropical scents are moving pretty well....you wouldn't think here in the mountains that that type scent would move but they are.   I just got in a sample of Monkey Farts from RE and it really is a wonderful scent that I'm loving myself and I'm not into that type scent.  I made up samples and brought to all these shops of a dupe of Aveda called Rosemary mint and 2 shops are going with this new one.

Trappeur

• Like 2

Lately I have been selling the hell outta Strawberries & Champagne from Flaming.  Everyone that picks it up buys it.  It's outselling everything I've  got by at least 2 to 1.  Blackstrap Molasses from Aztec is second.  I might as well stop pouring everything else. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gosh BF I have the Strawberries & C from Flaming but wasn't impressed with it so it's been sitting in my cabinet.   I'm so spoiled by Vanilla Champagne from NG where you can smell the bubbles and I couldn't smell any bubbles on the scent from Flaming.   I guess I will be making that candle today and see for myself.

And I have been wanting forever to get a good molasses.   So Aztecs is pretty good?   Well I never order from them so I'll have to go and select some oils from them.

Glad you posted this.

Trappeur

@Trappeur this one doesn't really smell like Strawberries or Champagne to me at all.  It's a Victoria's Secret dupe, and in my opinion, it smells much better in a candle than the actual scent from VS.  It really just blooms in a candle.  It has a stellar throw but it's not an in your face kind of strong.  It really is nice, and it just sells like crazy for me.  Even people that say they only like food scents buy it.  Men buy it, women buy it, everyone.  I don't know how well it throws in soy, but it does great in my 6006.

Right now I only sell to coworkers and friends (hopefully when I retire I'll sell to more people)

My #1 seller is leather mixed with vanilla

My #2 seller is leather

My #3 seller is anything mixed with leather LOL!

I do occasionally sell a bakery scent or tropical scent or two and that would be Cherry, or Caribbean from NG or Monkey Farts, something like that. Florals run about the same which would be lavender.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Belinda said:

Right now I only sell to coworkers and friends (hopefully when I retire I'll sell to more people)

My #1 seller is leather mixed with vanilla

My #2 seller is leather

My #3 seller is anything mixed with leather LOL!

I do occasionally sell a bakery scent or tropical scent or two and that would be Cherry, or Caribbean from NG or Monkey Farts, something like that. Florals run about the same which would be lavender.

what ratio are you mixing your leather/vanilla?

I'm going to try mixing leather from RE with some Tobacco & Caramel (FC); T&C is my #1 seller--I think this would make an awesome combo

Hmmm. 2018. Hands down winner:

1. Cranberry marmalade (CS).

2. (with a bullet heading for 1) Fresh Coffee (Cs)

Everything else is practically a tie - Red Current, Pumpkin Souffle, Toasted Pumpkin, Kelp (BA), Peppermint with anything, White Birch (CS), Leather (AAA), Lemon Pound Cake, Apple anything, Mulled Cider, Lavender, Tobacco (BA)

I’m testing out new Lemons (iced lemon biscotti from recommendations here I think will be outstanding!). Also, looking for a new rain/water/ocean scent - (that doesn’t smell like laundry detergent) and looking at Lavender and lavender blends....

Currently needing a “baby” scent — am looking at different baby powders but worried about the powdery smell not having good HT in soy...

18 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Gosh BF I have the Strawberries & C from Flaming but wasn't impressed with it so it's been sitting in my cabinet.   I'm so spoiled by Vanilla Champagne from NG where you can smell the bubbles and I couldn't smell any bubbles on the scent from Flaming.   I guess I will be making that candle today and see for myself.

And I have been wanting forever to get a good molasses.   So Aztecs is pretty good?   Well I never order from them so I'll have to go and select some oils from them.

Glad you posted this.

Trappeur

Vanilla Champagne is one of my top sellers in soap and scrubs.  I've done 3 baby showers and 1 bridal shower using that scent.

6 hours ago, The Candle Nook said:

Everything else is practically a tie - Red Current, Pumpkin Souffle, Toasted Pumpkin, Kelp (BA), Peppermint with anything, White Birch (CS), Leather (AAA), Lemon Pound Cake, Apple anything, Mulled Cider, Lavender, Tobacco (BA)

I’m testing out new Lemons (iced lemon biscotti from recommendations here I think will be outstanding!). Also, looking for a new rain/water/ocean scent - (that doesn’t smell like laundry detergent) and looking at Lavender and lavender blends....

Currently needing a “baby” scent — am looking at different baby powders but worried about the powdery smell not having good HT in soy...

Do a search on here Candle Nook as there was one where people were raving about I think it was called "The childrens room".   Can't remember where it came from, but people were loving it.

Trappeur

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Do a search on here Candle Nook as there was one where people were raving about I think it was called "The childrens room".   Can't remember where it came from, but people were loving it.

Trappeur

Natures Garden has one

Best sellers were always my blends and not because they are great scents because I named them after the town our stores are in which happens to be a tourist town so people buy as gifts to take back home.  I had 8 scents, but the Mermaid & Sunset far surpassed the others in sales (beach town).  Mermaid is a blend, Sunset is Flamings Cairn Sunset, all others are blends.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 2:59 AM, Trappeur said:

What fragrance(s) have been your best sellers this past year (2018) whether you sell to stores or craft shows or consignment?

Any new ones that you added to your regular line?

Any fragrances that you dropped?

Any new style jars?

I'll go first.....

I sell to stores.

One store pretty much stays the same even though she did try a few new scents.

Her jars are the 22oz tureens and the tiny 5oz italian canning jars.

#1 Seller is Pineapple Cilantro

#2, #3, #4: pretty much stays the same;  Basil, Sage, & Mint, Lux Linen, Lemon Verbena

#5: Crackling Firewood which is renamed Christmas Hearth (she sells all year long).  Sales doubled this year on this scent.

Slower sellers this past year due to her burning only what she likes which is the Pineapple Cilantro her sales went down on the Chardonnay, Vanilla Champagne and Southern Sweet Tea.

My biggest account (the apple orchard)

There is no best sellers there as they all sell....as long as their name is on the label, they all fly out the door.   Even new scents sell equally as well.

Another account a little country store in the back woods here the best sellers are:

#1:   Orange Creamsicle

#2:   Cinnamon Broom

#3:   Balsam Fir

#4:   Farmhouse Cider

Their jar is the pint canning jar with black lid.

Pineapple Cilantro is a new one I made up for this shop this past year and it's really moving pretty fast.

Tropical scents are moving pretty well....you wouldn't think here in the mountains that that type scent would move but they are.   I just got in a sample of Monkey Farts from RE and it really is a wonderful scent that I'm loving myself and I'm not into that type scent.  I made up samples and brought to all these shops of a dupe of Aveda called Rosemary mint and 2 shops are going with this new one.

Trappeur

I think that sometimes, maybe more often than I even think, people want to be taken somewhere else by a candle or scent.  Live in the mountains, they don't all want to smell pine or earthy scents in their home but maybe a tropical scent to take them to Hawaii or Bali.  Prob why the tropicals sell pretty well, plus they are just great scents!

• Like 1

On 4/7/2019 at 4:29 PM, lightmyfire said:

what ratio are you mixing your leather/vanilla?

I'm going to try mixing leather from RE with some Tobacco & Caramel (FC); T&C is my #1 seller--I think this would make an awesome combo

I usually mix 50/50 with scents like vanilla, cherry or strawberry but some scents are so strong like tobacco from Aztec that I use more leather because the other scent eats it up and you can’t smell leather. 

On 4/8/2019 at 12:24 AM, The Candle Nook said:

I just smelled a Cranberry Marmalade candle in a specialty shop in town and loved it.  I may just have to order this from Candlescience.

GoldieMN

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Belinda what are some of the names you have come up with on these blends?   You always have great names.

Trappeur

I use Cowgirl Lace for my vanilla and leather blend, Cowgirl Candy for strawberry and leather, Cowgirl Kisses for cherry and leather. For tobacco and leather I call it Maverick. Another one I call The Bunk House but I can't remember which one it is. I think it's one from Aztec. Oud Wood maybe. Then I've mixed cotton and leather and called it pistols and petticoats LOL! I googled old western movies and shows and used their names on some of them.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2019 at 8:08 AM, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

RE has a Children's Room. It's wonderful OOB!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Belinda said:

I use Cowgirl Lace for my vanilla and leather blend, Cowgirl Candy for strawberry and leather, Cowgirl Kisses for cherry and leather. For tobacco and leather I call it Maverick. Another one I call The Bunk House but I can't remember which one it is. I think it's one from Aztec. Oud Wood maybe. Then I've mixed cotton and leather and called it pistols and petticoats LOL! I googled old western movies and shows and used their names on some of them.

Wow, Belinda, Pistols and Petticoats is an awesome name!  I love it!  You've inspired me to try some leather blends.  I'm soaking beads in a blend of leather and vanilla tobacco.  I only have the leather from CS, and I don't love it.  I was looking for a way to use it up.  I really should try the leather from LS.  

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 7:34 PM, Belinda said:

What leather do you use? TIA

On 4/8/2019 at 6:04 AM, Shari said:

Vanilla Champagne is one of my top sellers in soap and scrubs.  I've done 3 baby showers and 1 bridal shower using that scent.

On 4/8/2019 at 7:08 AM, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

Just got in my first NG order and OH. MY. GOSH!!  Thrilled with Vanilla Champagne and Childrens Room OOB. Have everything ready to make candles in the morning!  Thanks so much ladies!! ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1