Hello everyone. I just signed up to this forum. I look forward to learning a lot and interacting with fellow candle makers!

Little background; My wife and I are just getting started making candles. We live Right outside of Atlanta Ga. Once we perfect making them we are going to teach our 7 year old daughter how make the candles. Eventually we plan to let her do all the candle making, coloring, labeling, scent choices, etc. So candle making will be her hobby and her business, she is super excited about it.

We’ve only made 2 candles so far. Products just arrived 4 days ago. We are using gb444 soy wax, fragrance oils from Aztec(that’s where all our products came from), 8oz patio jars, and wi-767 wicks. We test burned 1 with 24hr cure time(probably should have waited longer from everything I’ve read)and not getting strong hot throw at all. We are going to let the other one cure for 1 week. We added FO at 185 degrees and poured at 135. Candles look perfect and cold throw is good. We used 1.25oz of FO in 16oz of wax(both measured by weight and not volume) We plan to test pour a dozen or so tomorrow. Using different FO/wax ratios, different pour temps, different temps we add oil, etc.

We are open to any advice, suggestions, and/or criticism. We are only four days into candle making so all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

D3AEF9A7-F3E4-4901-8F49-DFC7D2A925CD.jpeg

06C023BC-46B0-4D9E-928A-08BC8E4B9F0F.jpeg

536B5096-86D1-4846-82C4-15016614A6FE.jpeg

FDBB84B1-2B9B-4DFC-BD77-26DF5950E42F.jpeg

69FE177F-9487-46F7-ABFA-07CE46499726.jpeg

Edited by Rheganshealingcandles

Hi and welcome to Craft Server! Glad to have you with us. Your candles look nice. I would also recommend you wait at least two weeks for your candles to cure. Some scents throw right away while others can take weeks. When using soy I always waited 2-3 weeks for most fragrances to cure in the wax.

• Thanks 1