Accurate scale to .01oz/.1g?

How much needs to be accurately measured to that specific degree? Nonscientific Scales are most accurate to the midpoint of their full capacity generally.

the amounts I need to 0.01 are small, so I use little jeweler scales or pocket gram scales that go to a max of 500g or so. Have had quite a few through eBay and amazon along the way. 

6 hours ago, TallTayl said:

How much needs to be accurately measured to that specific degree? Nonscientific Scales are most accurate to the midpoint of their full capacity generally.

the amounts I need to 0.01 are small, so I use little jeweler scales or pocket gram scales that go to a max of 500g or so. Have had quite a few through eBay and amazon along the way. 

I can't accurately measure 1% USA for a 7oz candle. But once I have 1% measured, I can just use a different scale. I will check out jeweler scales. Ty!

12 hours ago, bktolbert said:

I can't accurately measure 1% USA for a 7oz candle. But once I have 1% measured, I can just use a different scale. I will check out jeweler scales. Ty!

Would it work to do your wax measurements in full pounds? Then do like a quarter or half teaspoon per pound depending on your UV? The rest of the leftover wax can go into the next batch.

For teeny teeny amounts I have this

https://lotioncrafter.com/products/jennings-jsr-200-scale

ugh sorry it copied everything and I can’t edit it.

The Jennings JSR-200 weighs up to 200 grams with 0.01 gram accuracy! Great for mineral makeup, and all your high precision needs. The JSR-200 has a Built-in Memory Function, Full Tare Capacity,  AAA Batteries, and a 20 year warranty. It has been calibrated by the factory and calibration by the end user is not required, but instructions for doing so are included.  It requires a 100g and a 200g calibration weight that are not included, butare available as options when ordering. 
  • Reads 200 x 0.01 gram (7 ounces x 0.0005 ounce)
  • Reads in Grams, Ounces, Troy Ounces, Carats, Grains, and Pennyweight
  • Advanced Parts Counting function with multiple sample sizes
  • Three minute Auto Off
  • Full Tare capacity
  • Back lit LCD
  • Stainless Steel Weighing Platform
  • Digital auto calibration
  • Temperature compensation
  • Small Size -- 3" x 4.75"
  • Runs on 2 AAA batteries (included)
  • 20 year warranty

None - $36.95                             Weigh Boats: +$3.75 - $40.70                             100 & 200g Calibration Weights: +$5.75 - $42.70                             Add Calibration & Weights: +$9.50 - $46.45               
                                             None                                                            Weigh Boats: +$3.75                                                            100 & 200g Calibration Weights: +$5.75                                                            Add Calibration & Weights: +$9.50                                       Additional Accessories
                                             1                                                            2                                                            3                                                            4                                                            5                                                            6                                                            7                                                            8                                                            9                                                        10+                        Quantity
 Add to cart

Share this:

I'm using this AMIR scale . It goes down to .01g, so about .0035oz, although I've only used it for measurements above .01oz. Until I got this scale, I didn't realize just how difficult it was to precisely measure ingredients... it still is. My previous scale went down to .1oz. As for the AMIR scale, as far as I can tell , it's accurate. I haven't used calibration weights or anything to test it, but so far my 4oz testers with additives in amounts of 1% have turned out as expected. At that price, if it does act up, it'll be easy to replace.

Oooh, I didn't know Lotioncrafter had a budget scale. Going to have to take a look at that.