Can cooler for better jar adhesion

I read a lot on here about slowing down the cooling process for better jar adhesion. I have yet to see anyone post on using these soda coolers. I am going to pick some up if they work, because they would be a hell of a lot easier to use than wrapping with a paper towel or cloth.  If anyone has used these I would love to here the results. And these fit perfectly to an 8oz straight sided jar.

71TjfmxEq3L._SX425_.jpg

Edited by CaptnKush
  • Like 1

Wow, never thought of using these! I’ve been wrapping my candles with towels. But as someone stated, while I have no adhesion issues initially I’ve noticed when I move them to a different part of the house the adhesion appears. Temp changes I guess are part of the issues. I would love to know!🌸

Fill a beverage cooler with freshly-poured candles.  I have several coolers, and they work great.  Most hold 15 square mason jars at a time easily.  Fill voids with crumpled newspaper.  Nice slow cool, and no fooling around with can covers or towels!  Fantastic adhesion.

Edited by Crafty1_AJ
clarification
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, CandleRush said:

Wow, never thought of using these! I’ve been wrapping my candles with towels. But as someone stated, while I have no adhesion issues initially I’ve noticed when I move them to a different part of the house the adhesion appears. Temp changes I guess are part of the issues. I would love to know!🌸

Yes, temp changes are key.  Wax expands when hot and contracts when cool.

Yes.  More wet spots in colder weather.  My candle storage area has fairly stable temps, but I do take candles to shows and markets, where temps, if too cold, will cause some wax to pull away from the sides of the jars.  That being said, my customers do not complain about wet spots.  Ever!

Edited by Crafty1_AJ
add info
  • Like 1

I slow cool so the wax doesn't shrink too fast and cause sinkholes.  As a side benefit, I get good adhesion, which usually stays that way unless the candle is exposed to a big temperature drop, which doesn't happen often.  :)  I don't do outdoor shows in super cold weather.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1