Made scents too strong

Sure you can!   I've done it no problem.   As long as you know you did 10% and know how much less you want just heat the already made wax very slowly so you don't lose any throw,   add the extra wax and now you are ready to repour.

Trappeur

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Could also chop some up like little chunks and do a pour over of unscented wax,  or use on other scents as accent sprinkles. 

I love the tart chunks idea! Who was the candlemaker here who used to make lovely chunk tarts?

23 minutes ago, Daisymay66 said:

Me too! Is there such a thing? lol

No myth here my friends, Fact. Oils I'm referring to are from NG and they are Tahitian Waterfall, Stormy Nights. Read the reviews and you'll see others say go easy as it is God awful strong. I should have hailed their advice but like I said, I always go 10℅ because I'm known in my area for the strongest most long lasting scents around so I always max scent. I've never dealt with oils this string where you have to go light or it's offensive to smell. 

Another one from NG that is just way too strong is Moon Flowers, have to go easy on that one too. Going too high on FO ℅ takes away from it completely and is obtrusive to the senses. Going lighter picks out all of the notes in the oil. So yes, it is possible for an oil to be too strong.

Edited by Scents and Warmers
Forgot to add something
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2019 at 8:10 AM, Scents and Warmers said:

I make soy wax tarts using 464. I always go 10℅ but I poured two new oils and they are just way too strong at 10℅, but I made full batches in them.

Wow, I have never had to deal with that, LOL.

I think I would be leaving it as is....

Everyone smells differently and we are all always complaining of no throw in candles....I would much rather have a strong scent than one that isn't and probably most people would think that way.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I think I would be leaving it as is....

Everyone smells differently and we are all always complaining of no throw in candles....I would much rather have a strong scent than one that isn't and probably most people would think that way.

Trappeur

I adjusted it to 5℅ on one and 6℅ on the other and now it's perfect. It was too strong at 10℅.

• Like 1