Peak email notice 3/7/2019 - not OOB

PeggyK

I'm sure you've read the new update that Peak is not closing.   But regardless if they remain opened or not - FB and Keystone (and perhaps others) are carrying the Peak FOs.

So - the fact that the oils are available at these other suppliers confuses me.   Why or how is this be possible if Peak closed?  In other words - is the fact that Peak is open even relevant,  since the oils are still sold at places other than Peak?   

7 hours ago, Chronic_Sniffer said:

I love the tail end of the email.

"We're not going out of business, not this year."

Next year?

Those other suppliers are probably not actually selling Peak oils - in most cases they've just had them duped (usually at the request of Craft Server members)

I wondered that too but checking Keystone's website, they state they bought the formulas from Peak:

'Q: I see you have Peak fragrances, are they original? 

A. Yes, We purchased remaining inventory and all the fragrance formulas in 2017.  Some formulas may be revised due to the Citrol shortages, which is beyond our control.  Revised formulas will be listed on the fragrance info page.'

GoldieMN

• Like 1

Yes, Keystone bought the remaining inventory from them and the formulas.  I get all my former Peak FOs from there.

Also, I get that email yesterday too!  He just can't decide what he wants to do.

Edited by pcbrook
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CandleRush said:

So I’ve just been reading old posts about peaks. I’m interested in birthday cake fo. Do you recommend ordering from keystone? Thanks in advance!🌸

The Peak Birthday Cake is the BC I use and definitely recommend it.    From Keystone, the only other FO I've tried is the Salty Sea Air which I also recommend.   I'd love to hear more recs!!!

So what's the deal with the Peak FOs being sold from Fragrance Buddy?  Are those not really *the* Peak FOs since it's only keystone that bought the Peak inventory and formulas?

(and by the way - if Peak remains in business - aren't they essentially competing against themselves being that another supplier sells their stuff??!!)

20 hours ago, CandleRush said:

So I’ve just been reading old posts about peaks. I’m interested in birthday cake fo. Do you recommend ordering from keystone? Thanks in advance!🌸

Best birthday cake I've found. I've ordered the one from Keystone and it's dead on. You can smell the cake in it too instead of just a sweet FO. 

• Like 2

I already made the decision to buy my Peak FOs at Keystone. Besides, you may note that they are one heck of a lot cheaper at Keystone too. That's enough for me as long as they perform the same and smell the same. Who wants to do business with a wishy washy company that can't make up their mind to stay in business or not and switch back and forth. That is not only insane but I can't deal with that. Like many of you I have customers that depend on my products and need to depend on my FO supplier.

Keystone has the actual Peak oils, FBuddy are dupes.  I try not to attach myself to Peak oils too much as Keystone is ALWAYS out of stock it seems.  As for the owner of Peak, what a unprofessional roller coaster it has been.

Edited by Fireside