Pure Fragrance OIls? ("Pure" is in the company name)

Darbla

On 6/4/2019 at 3:23 PM, CandleRush said:

I love and tried some of their f.o.s but many just weren’t strong enough in my wax.

Belle was so nice but light as well as bergamot tobacco . Guinevere’s attraction was fantastic, medium throw in my wax. I cure my wax for a longer period.

I thought to but these lighter scents in perfume and sprays as to not waste them because they are so lovely. Maybe some of you have had better luck?

I haven't tried Bella or Guinevere, but Bergamot Tobacco is a strong thrower in my palm wax. Not the strongest oil I have, but definitely a good one. I noticed that none of the notes are "loud" the way a strong cinnamon or floral will punch through the other notes, but everything blends together harmoniously. I think the lack of a dominant single notes could lead to a perception of weaker hot throw. That's one I can burn all day long and never get tired of smelling it.

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2019 at 3:23 PM, CandleRush said:

I love and tried some of their f.o.s but many just weren’t strong enough in my wax.

Belle was so nice but light as well as bergamot tobacco . Guinevere’s attraction was fantastic, medium throw in my wax. I cure my wax for a longer period.

I thought to but these lighter scents in perfume and sprays as to not waste them because they are so lovely. Maybe some of you have had better luck?

Which wax do you use ?

So far I have loved the oil’s that I’ve tried from them. I ordered the orange you sweet based on recommendations and it has a great cold throw. Unfortunately, for me in my parasoy wax It has a strong fuel smell like kerosene (like a few citrus scents do). I was really hoping that it had an amazing fragrance hot as it does cold. Other than that I have really loved their  oils. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All right, this is the LAST place I will sample from...I swear!!

Here is what is coming:

Cactus Flower Fragrance Oil 
Earthen Oak - Moonworks Fragrance Oil
Guinevere’s Attraction - Moonworks Fragrance Oil
Pomegranate Fig Fragrance Oil 
Relaxation Fragrance Oil 
Secret Garden Fragrance Oil 
Lavender Sage - Moonworks Fragrance Oil
Black Vetiver Cafe' - Jo Malone Type Fragrance Oil
Moonworks Sampler Pack Fragrance Oils 
Bergamot Tobacco - Moonworks Fragrance Oil
Celestial Sea - Moonworks Fragrance Oil

I'm all candles so it will be interesting to see what I think of these since it appears many FOs on their site are best for B&B products.  

• Like 1

From PFO just now:

"I just wanted to give you a heads up that our Black Friday Sale started today. We are only selling a select amount of each fragrance at that price. Once we reach that amount, the sale will be over & the fragrances will go to regular price. I'm not sure if you are subscribed to our VIP Shopping Club, but if so, the info went out this morning. "

Got my order.  Didn't realize I ordered so much!  Can't say any smell super overly strong OOB.  Black Vetiver Cafe smells nothing like I thought it would.  The Lavender Sage OOB smells very nice, not powdery at all.  Guinevere’s Attraction is interesting OOB.  I'll candle test all the ones I got and puts results into the review boards.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Paintguru said:

Got my order.  Didn't realize I ordered so much!  Can't say any smell super overly strong OOB.  Black Vetiver Cafe smells nothing like I thought it would.  The Lavender Sage OOB smells very nice, not powdery at all.  Guinevere’s Attraction is interesting OOB.  I'll candle test all the ones I got and puts results into the review boards.  

The only one of that lot I have tried is the vetyver cafe.  I like my lab’s version more. Both need to be used in cp soap at 6% to smell as strongly as most people expect. I have also used the version from Daystar. My lab still wins. 

VC is a staple in soap for me as-is. For other products (namely melts and candles) I use it as a suede/leathery note in blends. It’s rather “soft” on its own in my waxes, but people love it. 

From another post above, earthen oak, is a primary note in a top seller, witches brew. For skin contact the usage rate is really low, but strong enough to come through well. It accelerates cp soap like mad, so be prepared.  I did need to switch wick series to tease out the essence more. Where I would normally use cd, a CSN did the trick. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Darbla said:

My order still isn't here, and @Paintguru got hers in 3 days.  I just messaged them to see if they'd give me an update (probably not before Monday, if they do).  Maybe one of mine was out of stock or something.

I think a couple of yours were the new scents, and the website said they won't ship til the first week in Dec.  I assume they'll hold the entire order and ship it when the new scents come in.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Paintguru said:

Well I'm 0 for 2 on PFO oils working well in my candles (1 oz per lb wax).  Black Vetiver Cafe had minimal cold throw and literally no hot throw.  Fig Pomegranate smelled great in the wax, but again had very little hot throw.  

may I ask what wax?

I had a dupe made of the Black Vetyver Cafe from the old Scent Works that I like the most. The Scent Works version is the strongest and best quality I've found, edging out Daystar's version also. It too is not a great performer in wax. In soap, though, it shines.

20 hours ago, TallTayl said:

may I ask what wax?

I had a dupe made of the Black Vetyver Cafe from the old Scent Works that I like the most. The Scent Works version is the strongest and best quality I've found, edging out Daystar's version also. It too is not a great performer in wax. In soap, though, it shines.

Sure, I should have put that in my original post.  50/50 mix of 4630 and 464.  I let them cure for about 2 weeks.  Everything burns normal, just no throw unless I'm 2-3 feet from the candle.  I can see how they'd both be good in soaps/body sprays, but not in my candles.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Paintguru said:

Sure, I should have put that in my original post.  50/50 mix of 4630 and 464.  I let them cure for about 2 weeks.  Everything burns normal, just no throw unless I'm 2-3 feet from the candle.  I can see how they'd both be good in soaps/body sprays, but not in my candles.  

It sure seems like PFO like many others (brambleberry, wsp, etc.) cater toward Bath and Body more-so than candles.  All of them try to make one size fits all fragrances, with candles suffering the most on performance. Boy I miss the good old days when you could throw a stone and hit great candle fragrances. Then the bottom fell out of chandlery when everyone turned to soap.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 2:33 AM, Marleigha said:

@Darbla  Let me just start by saying their FO’s are ASTOUNDING IMO!  I already buy from so many suppliers and didn’t want another supplier but ended up with some samples from a very good friend of mine.  I put them to the test and was completely blown away with their quality!  They are now in my top 3 suppliers!  And I buy from many suppliers.  😬

I too thought the Moonworks FO’s were dupes but they are not.  They are The “ORIGINAL MOONWORKS FRAGRANCE OILS”.  PFO BOUGHT MOONWORKS and they are now the only company to offer the ORIGINALS and they are far different than any dupes I have tried!  I absolutely love Morning sunrise it’s stellar and throws wonderfully in parasoy. I didn’t have trouble with it throwing at all.  Bella is one of my personal favorite FO’s EVER!  If you need any other suggestions LMK.  Their FO’s are like the magic secret to my wax!  Anything I make with their oils just blows my customers away and keeps them coming back for more!  💜

Have you tried vanilla coconut 

@Moonstar HAPPY NEW YEAR!  I have not tried a vanilla coconut from PFO.  I don’t think they have one.  🤔. However I have tried their Vanilla Noel and LOVE IT!  Vanilla Coconut sounds good though.  I am wanting to place an order for some of the Tom Ford Type FO’s next.  🥰. I have a good variety of oils from PFO and to this day they rock in my waxes!  Once you try some of their oils it’s nearly impossible to not keep going back because of how they perform!  ❤️❤️❤️  Plus their customer service is stellar!  Have you tried anything from PFO?  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 11:44 PM, Marleigha said:

@Moonstar HAPPY NEW YEAR!  I have not tried a vanilla coconut from PFO.  I don’t think they have one.  🤔. However I have tried their Vanilla Noel and LOVE IT!  Vanilla Coconut sounds good though.  I am wanting to place an order for some of the Tom Ford Type FO’s next.  🥰. I have a good variety of oils from PFO and to this day they rock in my waxes!  Once you try some of their oils it’s nearly impossible to not keep going back because of how they perform!  ❤️❤️❤️  Plus their customer service is stellar!  Have you tried anything from PFO?  

No I haven't but Ive been wanting to. Your right, they don't carry a vanilla coconut, I was on Essentials by Catalina site and thats where I saw that. 

• Like 1