Pure Fragrance OIls? ("Pure" is in the company name)

Darbla

10 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

New fragrances?? Oh boy, I need to check out the Burbon for sure!

Witche's Brew comes on strong with the patchouli in front, and top notes of citrus, then it mellows out to a black licorice base with just a tiny hint of clove. You can't judge this one OOB or even on the cold throw, you have to warm it up to get all the layers. I have been using it in a lotion too, as an alternative to straight patch. I imagine it's what the sexy witches in Nora Robert's novels smell like! 🔮

I haven't used a Lick me from any other suppliers, but I really love the way this smells. It smells like candy, but also a little bit like a perfume too. I think it must have some musk or maybe a little Amber in it. It reminds me of the way Pink Sugar smells like cotton candy, but also a cologne. It does not smell like PS though, much fruitier and a little sharper, but still very sweet.

I hope that made sense! Lol! Both the WB and the Lick Me are very strong!

Ahhh.... See I think this is why I was always afraid of Witches Brew.... I don’t like anything that smells like Black Licorice.  Is it a strong black licorice or is it barely noticeable that it’s black licorice?  I like Patchouli but dislike black licorice smells so much!  

And the LMAO sounds fab!  I for sure have to try that one.  And yes the new ones including the Bourbon And Guinevere's Attraction are on my list!  The Fresh Picked Plum & Kickin’ Kumquat are ya the tippy top!  I just know they will be great!!!  I will certainly keep you posted with any more that I get.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Ahhh.... See I think this is why I was always afraid of Witches Brew.... I don’t like anything that smells like Black Licorice.  Is it a strong black licorice or is it barely noticeable that it’s black licorice?  I like Patchouli but dislike black licorice smells so much!  

I think the licorice is pretty strong. It's not ALL that you smell, but it is definitely one of the predominant notes.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 2:43 AM, Marleigha said:

@Candybee  I will have to try their Fresh Waterfall!  I have loved everything I have tried from them!  Thank you for the suggestion.  🥰

I definitely have to second what @moonshinesaid about Green Cactus!  It is PHENOMENAL!   However, with this one in particular I cut my percentage down from 9% to 6- 6.5%.  If you would like a sample, just LMK I would be happy to send you some.  😇

Pm'd you!

• Like 1

Marleigha their Fresh Waterfall is what I would classify as a "light" scent but it is strangely powerful in both wax and CP soap. It holds its own even thou it is a light fragrance. That is why I use it as a blender. In my blend it has made it to become my best selling soap scent and no other water fragrance can match it or comes close. Its just a simple clean water and ozone scent with a hint of floral, nice and fresh and clean but enduring. Works perfect in my water blend.

PFO is also the carrier of the old Old Mill FOs when they went out of business.  Old Mill was my favorite supplier back when they were in business and had top notch FOs. The Old Mill FOs they still carry are:

Classic Lavender

Oatmeal, Milk & Honey

Sandalwood Rose

These are ones that I am positive about, there are a few others I think may be OM FO's but not sure its been so long. Some really good ones like the infamous Bache de Miele, Cabin in the Woods, Mata Hari, and Smoky Mtn Christmas? have been discontinued.

Looking at their site just now I see due to the citrol shortage and warehouse fire the manufacturer is no longer making the Fresh Waterfall. It is on clearance at PFO. This is sad news. Now I have to find a replacement for that awesome water scent when I run out.:(

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 8:17 AM, CandleRush said:

Well.................all this talk about PFO, my order is in, due to arrive here in Milwaukee by Thursday!

Thank you all for your insight!🌸

Oh I’m excited for you!  Can’t wait to hear what you got and to hear your thoughts on them.  I have been so happy with literally everything I’ve got thus far.  Keep us posted.  😇

On 3/11/2019 at 11:59 AM, Candybee said:

Marleigha their Fresh Waterfall is what I would classify as a "light" scent but it is strangely powerful in both wax and CP soap. It holds its own even thou it is a light fragrance. That is why I use it as a blender. In my blend it has made it to become my best selling soap scent and no other water fragrance can match it or comes close. Its just a simple clean water and ozone scent with a hint of floral, nice and fresh and clean but enduring. Works perfect in my water blend.

PFO is also the carrier of the old Old Mill FOs when they went out of business.  Old Mill was my favorite supplier back when they were in business and had top notch FOs. The Old Mill FOs they still carry are:

Classic Lavender

Oatmeal, Milk & Honey

Sandalwood Rose

These are ones that I am positive about, there are a few others I think may be OM FO's but not sure its been so long. Some really good ones like the infamous Bache de Miele, Cabin in the Woods, Mata Hari, and Smoky Mtn Christmas? have been discontinued.

Looking at their site just now I see due to the citrol shortage and warehouse fire the manufacturer is no longer making the Fresh Waterfall. It is on clearance at PFO. This is sad news. Now I have to find a replacement for that awesome water scent when I run out.:(

Hi @Candybee!  Thank you for the heads up on the Fresh Waterfall Mist.  Im definitely going to have to grab some now as well as

some of their LMAO as @Sarah S said it was really great!  I was also told by one of my other friends that FMW is a beautiful scent and she likes it too.  

I inquired about the FWM and this is what I was told.....

We purchased a lot of the Fresh Waterfall Mist & Lick Me All Over fragrance when we were told it was being discontinued by the manufacturer, we added it to the clearance section to sell off 35 lbs of the original fragrance.  Since we had enough on hand, we've been working to get it duped & reformulated with no phthalates.  Once 

we are satisfied with the duplication, we will bring it in if we have enough interest for it from our customers.  In the meantime, we sold off the 35 lbs & we added the remainder back to our regular section, while awaiting the final testing on the new duplication. 

So this is great news for everyone that has used it for so long and loved it.  One thing I have noticed about PFO is they do not 1/2 step.  Literally everything I have bought from them I’ve been extremely satisfied with.  It just seems like all of their fragrances are very potent but in a good way!  Anyone have any other suggestions?  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sebleo said:

After reading this thread I had to check them out too! I’m going to have to put my order on hold until they get more Green Cactus in stock. 

I apologize @Sebleo I thought I left my comment the other day and come back today to check the forum and just realized I never hit send.  😬

In any event, I’m actually glad that it worked out the way it did because NOW there’s actually an even better deal for us on the Green Cactus! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

It’s on sale for 15% off on a special buy! (There’s a new section on the left side of the website that says special buys). I will definitely be stocking up!  They also has 4-5 other ones in the special buy section which are all also 15% off.  😳🤗  The only one I haven’t tried in the special buys is the Almond Milk & Honey one so I’m gonna be trying that one this time!  Anyhoo, just thought I’d let you know that Green Cactus is on sale.  Hope you have a great day!  Lmk what ones you order.  😇

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sebleo said:

@Marleigha thanks for that. I hope they still have it going and have the scents I want in stock when I get home from work tonight!  Fingers crossed 🤞🏻!!!

Oh I was actually just on their site trying to edit my cart right before I hopped on here and it’s definitely still there.  They have 7 new ones that are 15% off, as well as the 6 quick buy fragrances that are 15% off.  I was over there editing my cart for the 2nd time this evening.  I’m one of those people that it takes 3-4 days to finalize my cart.  LOL   I really need to try to get it finalized ASAP just to make sure I get the 15% off.  In any event, LMK what ones you end up getting.  I know I’m excited to try the Almond Milk & Honey and to get more of my Green Cactus.  

Weeelllll, I’m going to put this order on hold. While the green cactus I was holding out for is back in stock, now three others I wanted to try are sold out! 

I want to make the most of the flat rate shipping. And I just ordered samples from CS so I have some new oils to play with next week anyway!

I got my Pure order the other day. I just put the Orange you sweet in wax and it is amazing. It is the scent you get when ripping into the peel of a fresh orange, you can almost taste it in the back of your throat. The only drawback is the oil color is a very noticeable orange so no white candles with this one. 

Karen in MA

Edited by kfintoni
Added more info
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2019 at 8:38 AM, kfintoni said:

I got my Pure order the other day. I just put the Orange you sweet in wax and it is amazing. It is the scent you get when ripping into the peel of a fresh orange, you can almost taste it in the back of your throat. The only drawback is the oil color is a very noticeable orange so no white candles with this one. 

Karen in MA

How was the throw for orange you sweet?

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, maria57 said:

Swell. As if I didn't have enough. Just put in my order.

You won't regret it, their oils are amazing!!

On 5/5/2019 at 1:47 AM, Hotpinkao said:

How was the throw for orange you sweet?

I don't have that one, but I just wanted to say that every single oil that I have gotten from them has insanely strong throw with zero morphing - in fact they are so strong that they smell even better diluted in product than they do OOB.

I ordered Cactus Flower (Green Cactus), Fresh Picked Plum, Fresh Waterfall Mist, Guinevere's Attraction, Morning Sunrise, and Vanilla Cream. Now I'm wishing I'd ordered the Orange You Sweet. Sadly, it's not in my budget. This time..... There were so many I wanted to try!

On 5/15/2019 at 2:45 PM, bfroberts said:

Well dang.  Now I have to order something. 

Someone, plz tell me what I can't live without from PFO?

Oh wow, they have so many good ones Barb!

I love their Bergamot Tobacco, it is so strong and a great “warm and cozy” alternative to bakery scents. It’s masculine, but not in a cologne kind of way, just deep and commanding with rich tobacco, some smooth spicy notes, and just a dash of bergamot to keep it from being too heavy. 

I just ordered their Sugar Cookie since it has been so highly praised, and I have to say OOB it is very impressive!

Celestial Seas is wonderful if you’re looking for something fresher. It’s has a strong floral top note, a salty seaweed heart, and a light musk bottom. I haven’t put it on product yet, but if it behaves like their other oils, I expect to smell more complexity in the heart notes and bottom when it is diluted and exposed to some heat. 

Really, I don’t think you can go wrong with any of their oils!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this thread to say I love, love, love the oils I got from PFO.  I got Pomegranate Fig, Bergamot Tobacco, Sugar Cookie, Witches Brew and Black Vetiver Cafe. The Black Vetiver Cafe is just the most lovely thing I have smelled in ages.  It's earthy, which I love, without being too earthy.  It's not a super strong scent, but it does carry throughout the house.  Just love it.  The Pomegrante Fig is also very nice. Its one that I wasn't sure about at first but ended up loving it when I burned the candle.  It reminds me of some pillars I used to buy at Pier 1.  Sugar Cookie is just that....a sugar cookie....but it is definitely richer than the other Sugar Cookie I've been using.  The price is great, and I'll be buying this one from now on.  The other scents smell very nice, but I haven't burned them yet.  These oils feel very nuanced, and burning them just really brings out the notes, so I won't judge them until I have burned them.  I'm excited to buy more.  Just can't make up my mind....

• Like 2

I love and tried some of their f.o.s but many just weren’t strong enough in my wax.

Belle was so nice but light as well as bergamot tobacco . Guinevere’s attraction was fantastic, medium throw in my wax. I cure my wax for a longer period.

I thought to but these lighter scents in perfume and sprays as to not waste them because they are so lovely. Maybe some of you have had better luck?