Pure Fragrance OIls? ("Pure" is in the company name)

Darbla

When I was digging around for any green scents I already had, I found a couple of old bottles from Pure Fragrance Oils .

I had completely forgotten about them, and there's never been much chatter on here about them anyway.  Is there anything good from them these days?  Some sound good, but you know how that goes.

Aphrodisiac - "fresh beach fragrance with slight citrus and floral notes of rose, jasmine, lily of the valley, and gardenias creates a perfect union with woody and musky notes"

Bella - a Moonworks dupe; "stunning! While fig, sage & tobacco rose give it a feminine touch; the base notes of saffron, amber and a touch of frankincense gives it an exotic twist! ... extremely unique, mysterious, yet sensual "

Morning Sunrise - another MW dupe; "invigorating herbal lemon, almost spa type, of fragrance. Top notes of lemon, grapefruit and orange, with a middle note accord of tarragon, geranium, lavender and a touch of mint on a musky dry down."

Edited by Darbla
  • Like 3

They have the best Classic Lavender and Oatmeal, Milk & Honey FOs ever. I have never found any that compare and I have tried a lot.

They do have some great FOs. They were originally Tony's/Southern Garden Scents and are now Pure Fragrance Oils. Since they are on the west coast now I rarely order from them. I still order their Fresh Waterfall as it is one of the best clean water scents I have ever found and is a component for a water scent blend I make.

Another one I still buy is their Burberry for Men. I love this scent and use it in a men's soap I make.

Their Patchouli Passion is good also. Its a Moonworks original. They also carry several other Moonworks FOs that are really good. I would not hesitate to try out any of their oils.

I have always been curious about their Green Cactus scent but never got around to trying it. Always on the lookout for a fresh clean spa green scent that is unique and that may fit the bill.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, moonshine said:

Candy her green cactus is aaamaaazing! 

I have not put it in wax - I actually forgot I had a sample of it until I reorganized and destashed a bunch of oils - it’s so clean and green and very unique - kinda dry 

Oh now you did it. I will just have to pick up some next time I order my FOs from them. Do you think it would make a nice soap scent? That is probably what I would use it for.

• Like 1

I recently ordered a few oils from them based on @Marleigha's reccomendations. So far I have only put Suede in palm tarts and Lick Me All Over in a candle, but both are incredibly strong and smell amazing!

Her Witch's Brew is fantastic, and smells fantastic in lotion and body spray.

Oh, I forgot that I put Bergamot Tobacco in palm tarts too! That is also super strong and really good. It reminds me of RE's Havanna Nights, but more of a day wear fragrance if that makes sense.

PFO definitely has fantastic oils!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Candybee said:

They have the best Classic Lavender and Oatmeal, Milk & Honey FOs ever. I have never found any that compare and I have tried a lot.

They do have some great FOs. They were originally Tony's/Southern Garden Scents and are now Pure Fragrance Oils. Since they are on the west coast now I rarely order from them. I still order their Fresh Waterfall as it is one of the best clean water scents I have ever found and is a component for a water scent blend I make.

Another one I still buy is their Burberry for Men. I love this scent and use it in a men's soap I make.

Their Patchouli Passion is good also. Its a Moonworks original. They also carry several other Moonworks FOs that are really good. I would not hesitate to try out any of their oils.

I have always been curious about their Green Cactus scent but never got around to trying it. Always on the lookout for a fresh clean spa green scent that is unique and that may fit the bill.

I really loved Southern Garden Scents! I had no idea they were now Pure Fragrance oils! I have looked at their oils before because they had MW dupes, but have never bought anything. *Off to take another look*

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Candybee said:

Oh now you did it. I will just have to pick up some next time I order my FOs from them. Do you think it would make a nice soap scent? That is probably what I would use it for.

I think it would be fantastic in soap, the dry notes just make it seem to be a perfect marriage to scrub a dub dub with  - But I love most all green clean scents though - even ones people turn their nose up to 😂

I really like it and will be testing it in wax now that I found it 

• Like 2

On 3/6/2019 at 10:18 PM, moonshine said:

I think it would be fantastic in soap, the dry notes just make it seem to be a perfect marriage to scrub a dub dub with  - But I love most all green clean scents though - even ones people turn their nose up to 😂

I really like it and will be testing it in wax now that I found it 

On 3/6/2019 at 8:59 AM, Darbla said:

When I was digging around for any green scents I already had, I found a couple of old bottles from Pure Fragrance Oils .

I had completely forgotten about them, and there's never been much chatter on here about them anyway.  Is there anything good from them these days?  Some sound good, but you know how that goes.

Aphrodisiac - "fresh beach fragrance with slight citrus and floral notes of rose, jasmine, lily of the valley, and gardenias creates a perfect union with woody and musky notes"

Bella - a Moonworks dupe; "stunning! While fig, sage & tobacco rose give it a feminine touch; the base notes of saffron, amber and a touch of frankincense gives it an exotic twist! ... extremely unique, mysterious, yet sensual "

Morning Sunrise - another MW dupe; "invigorating herbal lemon, almost spa type, of fragrance. Top notes of lemon, grapefruit and orange, with a middle note accord of tarragon, geranium, lavender and a touch of mint on a musky dry down."

@Darbla  Let me just start by saying their FO’s are ASTOUNDING IMO!  I already buy from so many suppliers and didn’t want another supplier but ended up with some samples from a very good friend of mine.  I put them to the test and was completely blown away with their quality!  They are now in my top 3 suppliers!  And I buy from many suppliers.  😬

I too thought the Moonworks FO’s were dupes but they are not.  They are The “ORIGINAL MOONWORKS FRAGRANCE OILS”.  PFO BOUGHT MOONWORKS and they are now the only company to offer the ORIGINALS and they are far different than any dupes I have tried!  I absolutely love Morning sunrise it’s stellar and throws wonderfully in parasoy. I didn’t have trouble with it throwing at all.  Bella is one of my personal favorite FO’s EVER!  If you need any other suggestions LMK.  Their FO’s are like the magic secret to my wax!  Anything I make with their oils just blows my customers away and keeps them coming back for more!  💜

Edited by Marleigha
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 11:48 AM, Candybee said:

@Candybee  I will have to try their Fresh Waterfall!  I have loved everything I have tried from them!  Thank you for the suggestion.  🥰

I definitely have to second what @moonshinesaid about Green Cactus!  It is PHENOMENAL!   However, with this one in particular I cut my percentage down from 9% to 6- 6.5%.  If you would like a sample, just LMK I would be happy to send you some.  😇

• Like 2

On 3/6/2019 at 5:52 PM, Sarah S said:

I recently ordered a few oils from them based on @Marleigha's reccomendations. So far I have only put Suede in palm tarts and Lick Me All Over in a candle, but both are incredibly strong and smell amazing!

Her Witch's Brew is fantastic, and smells fantastic in lotion and body spray.

Oh, I forgot that I put Bergamot Tobacco in palm tarts too! That is also super strong and really good. It reminds me of RE's Havanna Nights, but more of a day wear fragrance if that makes sense.

PFO definitely has fantastic oils!

@Sarah S  YAYYYY!!!! 🥳🥳🥳. I’m so happy that you are also loving your purchases from them!  I just loveeeee their stuff. 💜💜💜

They have a NEW FRAGRANCES area and they are all on special for 15% off!  I have to try the Bourbon and Genevere’s Attraction!!!   I have heard so many great things about Genevere’s Attraction from Moonworks so now that it’s on her New Fragarnces list I have to grab it!  

I too love the Suede and Bergamot Tobacco!  I have yet to try their Lick me all over or their Witches Brew.   What does the Witches Brew smell like to you?  I have never tried this at all.  And then how does their Lick me all over compare to other vendors?  Thanks Sarah!  😇

On 3/6/2019 at 7:01 PM, Faerywren said:

I really loved Southern Garden Scents! I had no idea they were now Pure Fragrance oils! I have looked at their oils before because they had MW dupes, but have never bought anything. *Off to take another look*

@Faerywren  I just wanted to let you know that they are actually all the ORIGINAL Moonworks fragrances.  I was so excited when I found that out!  Of course, you know how fab the MW FO’s are but their other oils are just fantastic too!  Their Fierce is hands down the most authentic I’ve ever smelled!  So good!  But Bella is so beautiful and definitely one of my favorite Moonworks FO’s.  

On 3/6/2019 at 11:48 AM, Candybee said:

@Candybee  I seen that you said that since they are on the west coast now you rarely order.....  I am also not on the west coast, I live on the east coast in Ohio.  But they do have a flat rate shipping of $11.95 and that is no matter how many pounds you order.  I love it.  Of course it makes me add even more than I was intending to but, 😂....... 

Anyhoo, I just wanted to let you know.  There shipping is always super fast for me, as well.  HTH!  😇💜

Edited by Marleigha
Spelling

Morning Sunrise was one Rhonda from  Moonsworks duped for me from a company that went out of business a long time ago. I have to put my thinking cap on to remember the company. I only used Morning Sunrise for soap only I don’t know how it does in candles.

10 hours ago, CandleRush said:

Have any of you used these f.o.s in 464 or coconut wax? These sound great!

@CandleRush I have only personally used them in 2 different parasoy blends, both of which perform wonderfully.  I would imagine that they would also do well in soy.  I know a lot of people also use them in CP soap with good results.  Definitely worth a shot. Once I tried them I was hooked!  😂

Edited by Marleigha

7 hours ago, Barbara AL said:

Morning Sunrise was one Rhonda from  Moonsworks duped for me from a company that went out of business a long time ago. I have to put my thinking cap on to remember the company. I only used Morning Sunrise for soap only I don’t know how it does in candles.

@Barbara AL I’m certainly glad that you asked her to dupe Morning Sunrise for you, as it is stellar in my parasoy blend.  I myself do not make CP soap but my friend does and I just gave her some to test with.  But PFO is now the sole owner of all original Moonworks fragrance oils.  Just so happy to finally be able to have the ORIGINAL MW FO’s!!! 🥳💜🥳💜🥳💜🥳

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Marleigha said:

@Barbara AL I’m certainly glad that you asked her to dupe Morning Sunrise for you, as it is stellar in my parasoy blend.  I myself do not make CP soap but my friend does and I just gave her some to test with.  But PFO is now the sole owner of all original Moonworks fragrance oils.  Just so happy to finally be able to have the ORIGINAL MW FO’s!!! 🥳💜🥳💜🥳💜🥳

I just remembered Morning Sunrise is a Dupe I sent to Rhonda from Moonworks the original fragrance came from a Company called Solas Fragrances its original name was called Energy. It is not like the Energy from Brambleberry this one has a hint of mint.

5 hours ago, Barbara AL said:

I just remembered Morning Sunrise is a Dupe I sent to Rhonda from Moonworks the original fragrance came from a Company called Solas Fragrances its original name was called Energy. It is not like the Energy from Brambleberry this one has a hint of mint.

@Barbara AL  Yes definitely very different.   I do also like Energy from BB, but yes PFO’s Morning Sunrise is stunning!  Just the slight touch of mint makes it a very relaxing spa type scent.  So glad you had this one recreated!  Wonderful!  

But yes Pure Fragrance oils is the sole owner

of all the original Moonworks fragrances.  Rhonda sold them to PFO as she is no longer is in the fragrance oil business.  HTH!  😇

Edited by Marleigha

On 3/8/2019 at 1:33 AM, Marleigha said:

@Darbla  Let me just start by saying their FO’s are ASTOUNDING IMO!  I already buy from so many suppliers and didn’t want another supplier but ended up with some samples from a very good friend of mine.  I put them to the test and was completely blown away with their quality!  They are now in my top 3 suppliers!  And I buy from many suppliers.  😬

I too thought the Moonworks FO’s were dupes but they are not.  They are The “ORIGINAL MOONWORKS FRAGRANCE OILS”.  PFO BOUGHT MOONWORKS and they are now the only company to offer the ORIGINALS and they are far different than any dupes I have tried!  I absolutely love Morning sunrise it’s stellar and throws wonderfully in parasoy. I didn’t have trouble with it throwing at all.  Bella is one of my personal favorite FO’s EVER!  If you need any other suggestions LMK.  Their FO’s are like the magic secret to my wax!  Anything I make with their oils just blows my customers away and keeps them coming back for more!  💜

Have you ever tried MW in soy? I’ve never ordered from PFO but sounds like you love them so much that I want to!!! :) 

• Like 1

Great like I needed to order from another supplier like I need a hole in the head. I ordered the following: Green Cactus, Almond Milk Honey, An Affair to Remember, Guineveres Attraction, Midsummer Dream, Morning Sunrise, Suede, Orange You Sweet.

I am hoping the An Affair to Remember can be a good substitute for RE White Velvet Bow, they have been out of it for awhile. I never really used any MW fragrances as she was slowing down and ended up closing up not long after I started making candles. I have a bottle of Fairy Garden that I have never used due to the color of the oil, I know it is silly of me. It is just sitting there. 

Karen in MA

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

Have you ever tried MW in soy? I’ve never ordered from PFO but sounds like you love them so much that I want to!!! :) 

@Daisymay66  I hope your having a great weekend!  I myself do not use straight soy.   I use a parasoy blend.  However,  I can tell you with confidence that I am just loving the oils from PFO.  Not only are the ones I’ve tried really strong but they are also really unique!  Just to think when my friend first told me about them I said nooooo!!!  😂.   I didn’t want yet another supplier!  But now I can’t imagine not buying from them!  ❤️❤️❤️ PFO!  

• Like 1

On March 8, 2019 at 2:55 AM, Marleigha said:

@Sarah S  YAYYYY!!!! 🥳🥳🥳. I’m so happy that you are also loving your purchases from them!  I just loveeeee their stuff. 💜💜💜

They have a NEW FRAGRANCES area and they are all on special for 15% off!  I have to try the Bourbon and Genevere’s Attraction!!!   I have heard so many great things about Genevere’s Attraction from Moonworks so now that it’s on her New Fragarnces list I have to grab it!  

I too love the Suede and Bergamot Tobacco!  I have yet to try their Lick me all over or their Witches Brew.   What does the Witches Brew smell like to you?  I have never tried this at all.  And then how does their Lick me all over compare to other vendors?  Thanks Sarah!  😇

New fragrances?? Oh boy, I need to check out the Burbon for sure!

Witche's Brew comes on strong with the patchouli in front, and top notes of citrus, then it mellows out to a black licorice base with just a tiny hint of clove. You can't judge this one OOB or even on the cold throw, you have to warm it up to get all the layers. I have been using it in a lotion too, as an alternative to straight patch. I imagine it's what the sexy witches in Nora Robert's novels smell like! 🔮

I haven't used a Lick me from any other suppliers, but I really love the way this smells. It smells like candy, but also a little bit like a perfume too. I think it must have some musk or maybe a little Amber in it. It reminds me of the way Pink Sugar smells like cotton candy, but also a cologne. It does not smell like PS though, much fruitier and a little sharper, but still very sweet.

I hope that made sense! Lol! Both the WB and the Lick Me are very strong!