Aromabead help! Baking when oil hasnt fully absorbed?

Ashley D

I started my very first batch of aromabead car fresheners. So far my ratio was 1 cup bead, 1/4 cup oil. All scents except Leather and Vanilla have dried in a max of 4 days. So my question is, for the ones that are not soaking up the oil, is it okay to bake them while they are a little wet still? I have already added extra beads but they seem to not be soaking anything up.

Also, is it possible to leave the beads in the oil to soak. And then dye them after they have dried? Say I want Strawberry but I want to be able to make 4 different colors from one batch of beads? 

I have baked the beads when they are a little wet.  It's harder to scoop them into the cookie cutters,  ( they stick to the spoon) but other than that it worked fine.  Are you using liquid dye to color?  I've never tried it but it seems like it would not blend as well when the beads are dry.  If you want different colors of the same scent I would pour in beads and fo, then split up into separate bags and color each bag individually.

Edited by franu61

15 minutes ago, franu61 said:

I have baked the beads when they are a little wet.  It's harder to scoop them into the cookie cutters,  ( they stick to the spoon) but other than that it worked fine.  Are you using liquid dye to color?  I've never tried it but it seems like it would not blend as well when the beads are dry.  If you want different colors of the same scent I would pour in beads and fo, then split up into separate bags and color each bag individually.

Did the smell last the same as usual when baked a little damp? Yes I used the liquid dye. Thanks for the input! :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ashley D said:

Did the smell last the same as usual when baked a little damp? Yes I used the liquid dye. Thanks for the input! :)

I did not notice any difference in how strong or how long the scent lasted.

I've baked them wet before too with no problems. Leather and vanilla are two scents that take longer to soak up. I also don't think you can dye them after they're dry. I'd do like suggested, soak beads and split them up and then dye them.

• 1 month later...