Need help creating a new scent for fall

Candybee

You prob know this but Yankee has a scent called Apple Pumpkin that is very similar to what you're trying to create.  It does have clove in it I believe.  So maybe look for a dup of theirs?  You may at least get ideas of what other notes to add in just by reading about it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sarah S said:

ICS has a wonderful cinnamon strudel. That could be a good foundation for you. Which notes do you want to dominate?

Oh wow, sounds right up my alley.    Cinnamon Strudel I'm definitely going to order.  

Trappeur

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Oh wow, sounds right up my alley.    Cinnamon Strudel I'm definitely going to order.  

Trappeur

It's really good Trapp! Check out their Sweet Bakery Bread too, it's not quite like a sugar cookie, but it's very sweet and cozy, just like a soft white roll with a crusty sugary crust. It's wonderful to burn as a compliment to a strong bakery FO like the Strudel.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

You prob know this but Yankee has a scent called Apple Pumpkin that is very similar to what you're trying to create.  It does have clove in it I believe.  So maybe look for a dup of theirs?  You may at least get ideas of what other notes to add in just by reading about it.

The clove sounds really nice in it also and certainly goes with apples and pumpkins.

Trappeur

• Like 1

I do like clove but for this blend I am wanting a strong cinnamon note that comes through when burning. I am going to look up that  ICS cinnamon strudel. Sounds delish and might be exactly what I am looking for.:)

19 hours ago, Sarah S said:

ICS has a wonderful cinnamon strudel. That could be a good foundation for you. Which notes do you want to dominate?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

The clove sounds really nice in it also and certainly goes with apples and pumpkins.

Trappeur

How about a pumpkin, clove, and orange blend with notes of croissant or some type of buttery flaky pastry and drizzled icing? Sometimes the suggestions you guys make just make me think of new scent combos.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gigglefits said:

Check out Apple & Pumpkin Strudel from RE! It's really good & sounds like something you might enjoy! :)

It does look good. Sounds very close to what I am looking for and I may just give it a try next time I have to order from RE. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

Rustic Escentuals' Apple & Pumpkin Strudel is my favorite apple scent, but I can't get it to throw for the last year or so.  Tried with 464 as well as C-1 with a variety of wicks.  If anyone has success using soy, I would be interested in what wick you used.

GoldieMN

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

Rustic Escentuals' Apple & Pumpkin Strudel is my favorite apple scent, but I can't get it to throw for the last year or so.  Tried with 464 as well as C-1 with a variety of wicks.  If anyone has success using soy, I would be interested in what wick you used.

GoldieMN

Is the apple notes really strong? I am looking for a strudel that is more strudel and spice than fruity. I want the fruity notes to be soft and not stand out, just blend kwim?

• 2 weeks later...