Drunken Pumpkin Lonestar

Daisymay66

Butternut Pumpkin was the only pumpkin I used for many years. People loved it and I sold a lot. 

When sitting next to Pumpkin Souflee and Drunken Pumpkin people don’t like it as much. 

Its not a bad one to have for those that like pumpkin without all the spices and pie crusts and such. It’s a nice clean pumpkin and squash fragrance. 

I haven’t put the pumpkin seeds and aud in wax yet. Wasn’t floored by it oob. 

• Like 1

Butternut Pumpkin is good.

I also like their Apple Cinnamon, Sugared Cronut, Cinnamon Sugared Donut, Leather, Butt Naked, I hear their blueberry cobbler is great and plan to order this week, Candied Yams, Caramel Apple, Caribbean Escape, Dicken's Christmas, Hansel and Gretel's house, and a few more that I can't think of. They have some good oils. I didn't used to like much they had but the more I used the more I liked.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Belinda said:

Butternut Pumpkin is good.

I also like their Apple Cinnamon, Sugared Cronut, Cinnamon Sugared Donut, Leather, Butt Naked, I hear their blueberry cobbler is great and plan to order this week, Candied Yams, Caramel Apple, Caribbean Escape, Dicken's Christmas, Hansel and Gretel's house, and a few more that I can't think of. They have some good oils. I didn't used to like much they had but the more I used the more I liked.

Belinda - what wax do you use?

8 hours ago, The Candle Nook said:

Belinda - what wax do you use?

I haven't settled on a wax yet but I use mostly paraffin, either 4625 or 4794 mixed with something else for clams (usually KY tart wax which is para/soy but the soy amount is very little) or 4630 or 6006. For shapes I usually use 4625 alone or mixed with whatever I have on hand. 

2 hours ago, The Candle Nook said:

Hmmm. I’ve sold it after a month and told people to wait a couple of weeks — that it’s very fresh. Feel best holding it for 2-3 months. And personally like it after 5!!!

Thank you ! Do you make melts or wax with this FO ?  I've never ordered anything from LS, maybe I should try a few . Thanks again!

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 1

I had a very good response to Drunken Pumpkin last fall.  Lone Star's shipping has jumped up in the past year or two.  I used to be able to get a few FOs shipped for about $13.  The last time I think it was around $20.  So I waited until I needed a bunch of FOs to make it worth my while.  

I used to use Butternut Pumpkin but the Drunken Pumpkin sold better last year.

Edited by pcbrook
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2019 at 2:18 AM, Daisymay66 said:

5 months to get a good HT? 

No....not really....it just keeps getting stronger the longer you wait. I’m really a wait 2-4 weeks kinda gal with butternut pumpkin in 464 wax. I have wondered about playing around with other wicks and seeing if I can improve things. I started with ECO wicks in 464 and had excellent success with my first 5 FO so I’ve never strayed from those. After reading so many posts on this forum I’m wondering if I would get better results with some of these FO trying out different wicks...

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/24/2019 at 4:39 PM, Daisymay66 said:

Thinking of giving DP a try. Any others to justify the shipping? Pumpkin Seeds & Oud? Butternut Pumpkin? Or any favorites? I tried Lonestar only once a very long time ago and must of picked a bunch of misses instead of hits :( 

:(  Lonestar has nice smells, but they just haven't worked for me in candles and melts.  Everyone else loves them, so I'm sure it's just me.

I absolutely love both Drunken Pumpkin and Pumpkin Seeds & Oud.  They are both incredible throwers in parasoy!  Some of the other ones I like are... Sugared Cronut, Blueberry Cobbler, Inner Peace,  Fall Festival, Mahogany Woods and their Leather is very nice too!  Anyways, HTH I have many others from them that I enjoy as well!  

• Like 2

@Kris S and @coffeebean I have the same feelings about lonestar. They are local to me and I routinely drive down for wax and jars — but only FO I have routinely used is butternut pumpkin — so different than any other pumpkin. After reading everything @Belinda says tho— I’m gonna try Lonestar leather and drunken pumpkin next trip...

7 hours ago, The Candle Nook said:

@Kris S and @coffeebean I have the same feelings about lonestar. They are local to me and I routinely drive down for wax and jars — but only FO I have routinely used is butternut pumpkin — so different than any other pumpkin. After reading everything @Belinda says tho— I’m gonna try Lonestar leather and drunken pumpkin next trip...

@The Candle Nook @Sebleo @Belinda @pcbrook How does LS Butternut Pumpkin differ from other pumpkins? I’ve not yet tried that one.  I have loads of other pumpkin FO’s so just never tried that one.  TIA!  

22 minutes ago, Marleigha said:

@The Candle Nook @Sebleo @Belinda @pcbrook How does LS Butternut Pumpkin differ from other pumpkins? I’ve not yet tried that one.  I have loads of other pumpkin FO’s so just never tried that one.  TIA!  

It is a pure pumpkin fragrance blended with butternut squash. The description states it has cinnamon and nutmeg- and it is there, but very subtle. It’s nice to have a pumpkin scent that is a “clean” pumpkin without all the spice or bakery crust notes. Very few pumpkin scents are like that which makes it unique. 

• Like 2

@Sebleo Thank you so much!  Hmm... so would you say that it maybe smells kinda similar to Sweet Potato & Brown Sugar?  Because squash and sweet potato are similar I think right?  Lol Excuse me while I have an airhead moment.  😂.  Or would you say it’s more of like a FO that’s more pumpkin guts?  

4 hours ago, Marleigha said:

@Sebleo Thank you so much!  Hmm... so would you say that it maybe smells kinda similar to Sweet Potato & Brown Sugar?  Because squash and sweet potato are similar I think right?  Lol Excuse me while I have an airhead moment.  😂.  Or would you say it’s more of like a FO that’s more pumpkin guts?  

It doesn't have the same smell to me as sweet potatoes and brown sugar. To me it's not very spicy but a good pumpkin scent. I have some left and I'll go sniff it and the sweet potatoes and brown sugar to make sure but that's what I remember.