5 Best Bakery Scents

Sebleo

On 2/21/2019 at 2:31 PM, Sebleo said:

@Daisymay66 I listed some for Belinda earlier. Definitely try the apple butter pumpkin. They introduced a lot of pumpkin fragrances last fall. I bought samples of all of them. 

French Market is my favorite floral fragrance ever. A nice blend of many flowers and not perfumey at all. I’ve used it in soy, paraffin, and palm with success. 

I second the LS French Market!  Such a gorgeous floral!  And for me, florals can give me a headache sometimes.  But this one is done so well.  

• Like 2

On 2/22/2019 at 11:16 AM, Trappeur said:

Now that sounds like something I would love.   I'll put it on my list.    I do very much like Lone star oils even though I have only ordered a few and they have been super nice.

Trappeur

@Trappeur if you like pumpkin in general you will most likely love it!  It’s one of the most unique pumpkin fragrances I’ve ever smelled.  And so unexpected!  Also their Cowboy FO is WOW!   And the picture they have posted for it is as well. 😜

On 3/20/2019 at 11:47 PM, Fireside said:

:laugh2:

So true!  I am a happily married woman, to an amazing man for 23 years, but goodness gracious that image of that man is just scrum-dilly-icious!  Come- eeethhh here cowwwwboy!  😂. It’s all in good fun though.... 👍🏼🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't you love

When you log on to Craft Server to narrow down a fragrance or two, and just come back with more ideas.  ...and hungry.

As a consumer I love the Bakery stuff as well as everyone in my extended family.  

Thier favorites

1 Gingerbread (I've used BB). For the spice lovers.  

2 Pumpkin Pecan Waffle (I've used WSP). It's not a spicey or overly sweet pumpkin, buttery, waffley, nutty.

3 Apple Pie -(Walmart wax melts) everyone has asked me to make some.  I'm digging in my heels.  😆

4 Sugar Cookie (they've liked all of these more than anything)

5 Citrus something- )Orange Caramel Crumble or Tea and cakes).  Lemon is good too.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 11:17 PM, Jenni Wix said:

Don't you love

When you log on to Craft Server to narrow down a fragrance or two, and just come back with more ideas.  ...and hungry.

As a consumer I love the Bakery stuff as well as everyone in my extended family.  

Thier favorites

1 Gingerbread (I've used BB). For the spice lovers.  

2 Pumpkin Pecan Waffle (I've used WSP). It's not a spicey or overly sweet pumpkin, buttery, waffley, nutty.

3 Apple Pie -(Walmart wax melts) everyone has asked me to make some.  I'm digging in my heels.  😆

4 Sugar Cookie (they've liked all of these more than anything)

5 Citrus something- )Orange Caramel Crumble or Tea and cakes).  Lemon is good too.

Hi @Jenni Wix  I hope you have been doing well.  I did really like the JS Orange Caramel Crumble.  But I do have to say that I have tried Pumpkin Pecan Waffle from a few places and my favorite one thus far is from JS.  Becky’s just has more of the Waffle note in it then some of the others I have tried.  And I love that!  I do also like the pecan/brown sugar/maple smell but to have the bready note in there too it’s just fab!  🥰

Now my favorite Sugar Cookie is from Pure Fragrance Oils for sure!  That’s definitely a stunner to say the least!  You should give that one a try, I know you will love it!  😇

• Like 1

Thanks @Marleigha. Hope you and everyone here are doing well too. 🙂 I have Pure's Sugar Cookie on my radar for sure. It sounds yummy!

Thanks  for recommending/explaining that JS PPW.  The WSP one is alright.  Reminds me of candied popcorn OOB.  But it could be stronger in the waffle dept. Almost a heavier  butter rum than in the OG.  Happened to be the first I tried.  

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 12:41 PM, Belinda said:

I may have to try that one myself. It sounds too good to pass up and I thought I’d found a good one already. @Marleigha, can you compare it to anyone else’s sugar cookie? Have you tried buttercream sc from JS? Or frosted sc from ICS by any chance?

Hi @Belinda!!! Yes it’s stellar!  I thought I had a good one already and when I did try the SC from PFO I was like WOAH!  😳. It’s just so rich.  To be completely honest Belinda..... Sadly, JS Buttercream Sugar cookie was one of my biggest heartbreakers.  💔

I had heard from you and a few other people how great the Buttercream Sugar Cookie from JS was, so I grabbed a 1oz sample and it just didn’t throw for me AT ALL!  It was like I had poured a plain wax and added some dye to it.  I was so saddened by it because I heard such great things from many people too, do you kwim?  I was really hard on myself about it.  😬My wax usually has both strong hot and cold throw.  

So even though I have found the one from PFO, I still will occasionally try new cookie FO’s.  But thus far NOBODYS sugar cookie can touch it.  But I do also really like JS fragrances so I may just go ahead and try another 1 oz.  who knows..... Maybe it was something I did wrong kwim?  I guess we shall see one day if I get it again.  I have also tried the ICS Sugar Cookie Dough but it doesn’t even come close.  HTH!  I can’t wait to see your thoughts.  🥳

On 4/6/2019 at 3:40 PM, Jenni Wix said:

Thanks @Marleigha. Hope you and everyone here are doing well too. 🙂 I have Pure's Sugar Cookie on my radar for sure. It sounds yummy!

Thanks  for recommending/explaining that JS PPW.  The WSP one is alright.  Reminds me of candied popcorn OOB.  But it could be stronger in the waffle dept. Almost a heavier  butter rum than in the OG.  Happened to be the first I tried.  

Awww.... @Jenni Wix,Thanks!  Yes the SC from PFO is just fab!  You will see what I mean when you try it.  Oh yes definitely.... I completely understand trying certain companies first and then continuing on with trying the same fragrance from other vendors.  I still always try cookie fragrances even though I am in love with the one from PFO.  It’s the nature of the beast!  We are all always trying to do the best we can with what we have and try to make it work, right?  I think looking for the latest and greatest is also part of the fun.  🥰. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 1:04 PM, Sebleo said:

If I only poured stuff I like I would have a very limited collection of fragrances!  It’s not that they don’t smell good to me, it’s just I wouldn’t burn them myself over spa type fragrances. 

Reminds me of @aptommo‘s situation with the peppermint bark. People liked the smell but didn’t purchase it. 

Everyone is pretty much suggesting the same type of fragrances: lemon, blueberry, cinnamon, vanilla, pumpkin, caramel. That’s pretty much what I was thinking, so it’s good to know I’m on the right track with what’s popular. 

@Belinda I see you get some oils from Lonestar. I have their blueberry cobbler which I think is fantastic.  I see your blueberry choice is the cheesecake from CS. Have you tried LS blueberry cobbler?

I love blueberry and especially blueberry cobbler or cheesecake but I don't make to sell because even though I use a uv inhibitor, blueberry always turns yellow.    So I just make for myself.

Trappeur

On 3/15/2019 at 12:56 AM, Marleigha said:

Hi @Sebleo I agree with many of the suggestions that everyone has said.  Just to give you another opinion, I would personally suggest the following:

Lonestar, Blueberry Cobbler- This fragrance oil is a shining star in my wax!  Just perfect!  I do however agree with @Belinda that CS Blueberry Cheesecake is good also.  The difference that I notice with them is you can definitely detect more of the bakery note is the LS Blueberry Cobbler but with the CS Blueberry Cheesecake is more of a rich creamy blueberry.  

Key Lime Pie-  Totally biting off of Belinda’s original suggestion here but woah.... YES!  Key Lime Pie!!!!  Both the Key Lime Pie FO’s that I have tried have been great!  Which are Key Lime Pie from RE & NG.  But my personal favorite is the one from NG.  It’s just so stinking creamy and powerful!  I know you said that you hadn’t had much luck with NG FO’s but I have tested this one in 2-3 different wax blends and it has performed quite nice in all of them.  

Pure Fragrance Oils, Sugar Cookie-  Now I have tried maybe 9-10 different sugar cookie FO’s, including Sugar Cookie Royal from FB.  Prior to trying the Sugar Cookie from PFO, SCR from FB used to be my favorite, well that one and Sugared Vanilla Shortbread from CW.  Now they are both on the back burner!  @katmeltswax can also confirm this.  It’s is so darn rich & creamy and just overall an amazing Sugar Cookie!  

FB Pumpkin Pecan Waffles or CS Pumpkin Soufflé-  I agree with @moonshine about having a pumpkin option.  And I agree with @Trappeurthat pumpkin is definitely a year round seller!  I’m definitely one that will melt pumpkin wax year round.  I ❤️ pumpkin scents as you can do so much with them too.  You can add it to coffee, bonfire or fireside, vanilla, sugar cookie, birthday cake, etc.... I just love pumpkin!  Oh and I too really like LS Drunken Punkin!  Such a nice FO!  

CS Cinnamon Bun-  At first I was going to suggest an Apple Pie FO.  But if you get Cinnamon Buns, it will allow you to either offer Cinnamon Bun by itself or you can add a small percentage of an apple FO and create your own Apple Pie blend.  

I also really like the suggestion from @GailCfor the Caramel Pecan Pie from Aztec.  It smells really nice!  Caramelized Pralines from CS is also great!  I have never tried it myself but I have heard great things about Aztec Black Strap Molasses that @aptommo suggested too.   Katmeltswax also loves that one and speaks highly of it all the time.  Anyhoo.... If you need anymore that we’re not mentioned just LMK.  I apologize for my 177 paragraph response.  😂  HTH!  😇💞

Marleigha - I went on the PFO website to get this amazing sugar cookie and I can’t find any sugar cookie. Has it been discontinued?

On 4/10/2019 at 9:06 PM, Hotpinkao said:

Marleigha - I went on the PFO website to get this amazing sugar cookie and I can’t find any sugar cookie. Has it been discontinued?

Hi @Hotpinkao  I’m sorry for the delay in my response.  I went to the PFO website as  I do know she sometimes runs out of fragrances and will remove it until it comes back in stock.  But it is back in stock.  It’s absolutely WONDERFUL!  HTH!  😇

Here is the link:

https://purefragranceoils.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19&products_id=910&zenid=koq0e20gabnf1godb8vvls5n46

• Like 2

22 hours ago, glasllyn said:

I was wondering the same thing! Now I need it!

Hi @glasllyn  Well, good news for you too... It’s back in stock!  

https://purefragranceoils.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19&products_id=910&zenid=koq0e20gabnf1godb8vvls5n46

This is hands down the best sugar cookie I’ve ever tested!  And I have tested MANY Cookie FO’s from many vendors.  I can’t wait to see what you think once you try it!  🥳.  Please do keep us all posted.... 😇

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marleigha said:

Hi @Hotpinkao  I’m sorry for the delay in my response.  I went to the PFO website as  I do know she sometimes runs out of fragrances and will remove it until it comes back in stock.  But it is back in stock.  It’s absolutely WONDERFUL!  HTH!  😇

Here is the link:

Of course, I bought it. And, of course, a few others. Thank you for fueling my addiction!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 8:38 AM, glasllyn said:

Of course, I bought it. And, of course, a few others. Thank you for fueling my addiction!

Oh great!  I’m so glad you got it!  It’s one of my favorite sugar cookies!  What other FO’s did you order?  Would love to hear your thoughts.  😇

• 2 weeks later...