5 Best Bakery Scents

Sebleo

@Daisymay66  I have only tried it in feather palm for wax melts. It threw really well and was one of my best sellers this winter. 

When people said “I don’t like pumpkin” I would ask “Do you hate it?”  If they said no, I had them smell it and everyone loved it!  

If people who don’t like pumpkin will buy it...I say that’s a winning fragrance!

• Like 1

Just now, Sebleo said:

@Daisymay66  I have only tried it in feather palm for wax melts. It threw really well and was one of my best sellers this winter. 

When people said “I don’t like pumpkin” I would ask “Do you hate it?”  If they said no, I had them smell it and everyone loved it!  

If people who don’t like pumpkin will buy it...I say that’s a winning fragrance!

Not sure how anyone could NOT like Pumpkin ;) :) YUMMY!!!! Any others that are really good as long as I’m gonna try it?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Belinda said:

@Sebleo, what are some of your favorites from LS? I'm thinking of placing a small order and trying their blueberry cobbler. Have you tried anyone else's blueberry cobbler? I think I have some from Aztec too.

My favorite Blueberry Cobbler is from Cierra but Aztec's is good too.

12 hours ago, Sebleo said:

@Belinda @GailC @Trappeur @Sarah S @moonshine @aptommo

Thank you you for your replies. I see a lot of you mentioned lemon pound cake and iced lemon biscotti. I have been using lemon poppyseed by Nature’s Garden and I really like it. You get the lemon and the cake batter notes. 

Have any any of you tried that one to compare to the ones you have suggested?  I’m trying to keep my supplier list down as much as possible but if there is a better lemon scent out there, I’ll bite the bullet and do what I have to do!

I have bought 63 fragrance oils from NG through the years, but have never tried Lemon Poppyseed.  I have had good success with most of their oils in soy 444.  If you like their Lemon Poppyseed, I say stick with it.  

But if you really want to try Fragrance Buddy's Lemon Pound cake, wait until they have a 20-25% off sale.  :)  The next one is probably Memorial day.I think they have at least 3 sales a year, plus free shipping over $100 and that's before the discount is applied.  FB has the best sales of any supplier in my book.  Their Spiced Apples & Peaches is a good bakery scent too and a popular fragrance with my customers.  Pumpkin Cupcake is a good pumpkin and $10 a pound right now.  I bought 4 bottle of it last time it was that price.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Daisymay66 I listed some for Belinda earlier. Definitely try the apple butter pumpkin. They introduced a lot of pumpkin fragrances last fall. I bought samples of all of them. 

French Market is my favorite floral fragrance ever. A nice blend of many flowers and not perfumey at all. I’ve used it in soy, paraffin, and palm with success. 

Edited by Sebleo
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, GailC said:

My favorite Blueberry Cobbler is from Cierra but Aztec's is good too.

I think I have some blueberry cobbler from Aztec but can't remember how it smells. Have you tried the one from LS? I may have to order some of that one. It has some really good reviews. 

3 hours ago, Belinda said:

I think I have some blueberry cobbler from Aztec but can't remember how it smells. Have you tried the one from LS? I may have to order some of that one. It has some really good reviews. 

Would you believe I have never ordered from Lonestar?  Or Bittercreek.  Yes I know, unbelievable in over nine years of buying candle making supplies.  :) Let's see, I've never ordered from Cajun, or Daystar or Sweetcakes.  AAA is my latest new supplier.  I only have one full sized bottle of FO from there, Allspice, which I made a couple of days ago.  I am anxious to test the candle, because I've read mixed reviews about AAA.  But Allspice smells delicious and strong unlit so we shall see.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GailC said:

Would you believe I have never ordered from Lonestar?  Or Bittercreek.  Yes I know, unbelievable in over nine years of buying candle making supplies.  :) Let's see, I've never ordered from Cajun, or Daystar or Sweetcakes.  AAA is my latest new supplier.  I only have one full sized bottle of FO from there, Allspice, which I made a couple of days ago.  I am anxious to test the candle, because I've read mixed reviews about AAA.  But Allspice smells delicious and strong unlit so we shall see.  

I had to comment, and I guess there's also a question in here: I bought some FOs from Bittercreek and they looked as though they'd been on the shelf since the 70s, and they smelled absolutely nothing like what they're supposed to be. Not only that, but they smelled bad, in general. I've ordered from tons of suppliers and have never had that happen. I was wondering if I had some sort of supernatural experience or if this is a thing.

Edited by glasllyn
typo

4 hours ago, glasllyn said:

I had to comment, and I guess there's also a question in here: I bought some FOs from Bittercreek and they looked as though they'd been on the shelf since the 70s, and they smelled absolutely nothing like what they're supposed to be. Not only that, but they smelled bad, in general. I've ordered from tons of suppliers and have never had that happen. I was wondering if I had some sort of supernatural experience or if this is a thing.

You know I would give them a heads up and tell them exactly how you feel b/4 you use any of the oils so at least you have something to fall back on.   I haven't had a problem ever with them, but there could always be a first.

Trappeur

On 2/21/2019 at 1:49 AM, Sebleo said:

Lonestar has it and it is divine!  It’s pumpkin with coconut, maple bourbon, clove, and toasted oak. 

Now that sounds like something I would love.   I'll put it on my list.    I do very much like Lone star oils even though I have only ordered a few and they have been super nice.

Trappeur

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

You know I would give them a heads up and tell them exactly how you feel b/4 you use any of the oils so at least you have something to fall back on.   I haven't had a problem ever with them, but there could always be a first.

Trappeur

Sounds like it was a fluke, then. Thank you.

On February 22, 2019 at 6:46 AM, glasllyn said:

Their presentation leaves a lot to be desired. The labels are strange and often dirty. For some reason BC gives me the impression of being run out of someone's basement. Not that a legit business can't be run out of a basement! 😁 They just seem to lack some of the polish of other suppliers.

I have gotten a few oils from them that were weird, and smelled a little off OOB. In product they smelled better, even if it wasn't a fragrance I personally liked. I have gotten a few real winners from them as well, so I keep them on my list of go-to suppliers.

I agree with Trapp, throw them in some wax and see if they improve.

Almost every oil I've ever gotten from BCN had some kind of nutty smell to it. I don't know how else to describe it. I do like Sissie's sugar cookie and maybe a few more but that's it. I just can't get past the nutty smell that I get from their oils.

Edited by Belinda

On 2/21/2019 at 1:31 PM, Sebleo said:

@Daisymay66 I listed some for Belinda earlier. Definitely try the apple butter pumpkin. They introduced a lot of pumpkin fragrances last fall. I bought samples of all of them. 

French Market is my favorite floral fragrance ever. A nice blend of many flowers and not perfumey at all. I’ve used it in soy, paraffin, and palm with success. 

Oh super! Thanks much! I didn’t see this so I put a post asking for any recommendations. Thanks much for sharing the French Market scent. I’m not much of a flowery kinda girl but would love a couple to add to mine line this year! :) 

17 minutes ago, Daisymay66 said:

Oh super! Thanks much! I didn’t see this so I put a post asking for any recommendations. Thanks much for sharing the French Market scent. I’m not much of a flowery kinda girl but would love a couple to add to mine line this year! :) 

I like florals, not crazy about them, and I don’t like when they’re too perfumey or powdery. French Market seems to be a crowd pleaser because it has all the popular floral notes: gardenia, roses, magnolia, and tuberose. 

Speaking of tuberose, NG has the best tuberose fragrance! Midnight Tuberose. It’s a very high end floral scent. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sebleo said:

I like florals, not crazy about them, and I don’t like when they’re too perfumey or powdery. French Market seems to be a crowd pleaser because it has all the popular floral notes: gardenia, roses, magnolia, and tuberose. 

Speaking of tuberose, NG has the best tuberose fragrance! Midnight Tuberose. It’s a very high end floral scent. 

I’ve never even heard of Tuberose? Is it perfumey? 

Just now, Daisymay66 said:

I’ve never even heard of Tuberose? Is it perfumey? 

It is a night blooming flower that is used a lot in perfumes. Google what does tuberose smell like and you’ll want to try it! 

Not perfumy to me. A very elegant floral. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 5:46 AM, glasllyn said:

Ok. Commenting here as well. I started making candles with 4 FO from CS...they were outstanding!  I assumed all FO’s were good if you bought from a reputable company (I was such a newbie 😂). Ordered TONS of sample oils from bittercreek. Probably $75 worth. Only 1 had any scent OOB. They rest smelled like the plastic bottles they were shipped in. The one that did have a scent didn’t have any HT when I burned it. I ended up throwing them all away and have never ordered from them again...

On 2/19/2019 at 12:26 AM, Sebleo said:

If you could only carry 5 bakery/food type scents, what would you choose?

Vanilla is a given on the list. But, what else would you put on it?

Hi @Sebleo I agree with many of the suggestions that everyone has said.  Just to give you another opinion, I would personally suggest the following:

Lonestar, Blueberry Cobbler- This fragrance oil is a shining star in my wax!  Just perfect!  I do however agree with @Belinda that CS Blueberry Cheesecake is good also.  The difference that I notice with them is you can definitely detect more of the bakery note is the LS Blueberry Cobbler but with the CS Blueberry Cheesecake is more of a rich creamy blueberry.  

Key Lime Pie-  Totally biting off of Belinda’s original suggestion here but woah.... YES!  Key Lime Pie!!!!  Both the Key Lime Pie FO’s that I have tried have been great!  Which are Key Lime Pie from RE & NG.  But my personal favorite is the one from NG.  It’s just so stinking creamy and powerful!  I know you said that you hadn’t had much luck with NG FO’s but I have tested this one in 2-3 different wax blends and it has performed quite nice in all of them.  

Pure Fragrance Oils, Sugar Cookie-  Now I have tried maybe 9-10 different sugar cookie FO’s, including Sugar Cookie Royal from FB.  Prior to trying the Sugar Cookie from PFO, SCR from FB used to be my favorite, well that one and Sugared Vanilla Shortbread from CW.  Now they are both on the back burner!  @katmeltswax can also confirm this.  It’s is so darn rich & creamy and just overall an amazing Sugar Cookie!  

FB Pumpkin Pecan Waffles or CS Pumpkin Soufflé-  I agree with @moonshine about having a pumpkin option.  And I agree with @Trappeurthat pumpkin is definitely a year round seller!  I’m definitely one that will melt pumpkin wax year round.  I ❤️ pumpkin scents as you can do so much with them too.  You can add it to coffee, bonfire or fireside, vanilla, sugar cookie, birthday cake, etc.... I just love pumpkin!  Oh and I too really like LS Drunken Punkin!  Such a nice FO!  

CS Cinnamon Bun-  At first I was going to suggest an Apple Pie FO.  But if you get Cinnamon Buns, it will allow you to either offer Cinnamon Bun by itself or you can add a small percentage of an apple FO and create your own Apple Pie blend.  

I also really like the suggestion from @GailCfor the Caramel Pecan Pie from Aztec.  It smells really nice!  Caramelized Pralines from CS is also great!  I have never tried it myself but I have heard great things about Aztec Black Strap Molasses that @aptommo suggested too.   Katmeltswax also loves that one and speaks highly of it all the time.  Anyhoo.... If you need anymore that we’re not mentioned just LMK.  I apologize for my 177 paragraph response.  😂  HTH!  😇💞

Edited by Marleigha
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1