pricing the little 8oz square mason jar

Oh good.....I'm in the ballpark.   I was thinking of doing 7.00 but my 16oz canning jars are 7.50 so I better stick to 6.50....but then I want to add some type of western hanging thing around the neck so then I could charge 7.00.

Thands Fran!                     Trappeur...............

Trapp, could you describe or send a pic of that 8 oz. square Mason for me?  You getting it from Fillmore?  Fillmore says two sides are embossed with classic Mason measurement marks and the other two sides are "DE-bossed", which I assume means no markings.  This must be true or you wouldn't be able to apply your awesome labels.  Would like a confirmation if you don't mind.  And is this true for the 16 oz. square Mason as well?  I would love to find matching 8 oz and 16 oz containers that also have matching lids.  Thanks bunches as clearly, you've been a busy beaver.

The 8oz are all without embossing and are from Flaming. 

The 16oz jars are not square but are round and have1 side free for a label.   This jar I buy at Save a Lot (no shipping).  They are the Golden Harvest jar.   They look like

very similar to the mayo jars.   I believe Aztec carries the Golden Harvest.   Even though 1 is square and the other is round, they look very nice together.   You can get the 16oz square jars from a few suppliers but they all have embossing (measurements) on the sides.

627088001_8ozsquaremason.jpg.03518f999ed3089561953f7f2963e219.jpg

1731150347_goldenh.jpg.aafbca01aa2835c46c6d34c9db4cff54.jpg

Many WalMarts carry a line of mason jars by Anchor that have completely smooth sides. They have the half pint and the pint size, and I think the quart as well. And they are slightly cheaper than the Ball brand. Not every location has them though. Sometimes I can find them at the store in PA, sometimes they are out of stock. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2019 at 10:05 AM, Arch Rock said:

Trapp, could you describe or send a pic of that 8 oz. square Mason for me?  You getting it from Fillmore?  Fillmore says two sides are embossed with classic Mason measurement marks and the other two sides are "DE-bossed", which I assume means no markings.  This must be true or you wouldn't be able to apply your awesome labels.  Would like a confirmation if you don't mind.  And is this true for the 16 oz. square Mason as well?  I would love to find matching 8 oz and 16 oz containers that also have matching lids.  Thanks bunches as clearly, you've been a busy beaver.

Actually, embossed means the letters are sticking up.  Debossed means the letters are indented.  (Convex vs. concave markings.)

On 2/20/2019 at 12:21 PM, Crafty1_AJ said:

Actually, embossed means the letters are sticking up.  Debossed means the letters are indented.  (Convex vs. concave markings.)

Well, they are all embossed.   Even if they were debossed, a label still wouldn't work over the letters/numbers.

Trappeur

52 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Well, they are all embossed.   Even if they were debossed, a label still wouldn't work over the letters/numbers.

Trappeur

I've done it in a pinch a time or 2, but no I generally won't do it, put a label over embossing.   I think it looks tacky and unprofessional.   So try and get with no embosing.

Trappeur

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 12:21 PM, Crafty1_AJ said:

Yes, that is my assumption as well.  Just wondering where the label can be affixed without letters sticking up.  Thanks for clarification though.

On 2/19/2019 at 12:24 PM, Trappeur said:

The 8oz are all without embossing and are from Flaming. 

The 16oz jars are not square but are round and have1 side free for a label.   This jar I buy at Save a Lot (no shipping).  They are the Golden Harvest jar.   They look like

very similar to the mayo jars.   I believe Aztec carries the Golden Harvest.   Even though 1 is square and the other is round, they look very nice together.   You can get the 16oz square jars from a few suppliers but they all have embossing (measurements) on the sides.

627088001_8ozsquaremason.jpg.03518f999ed3089561953f7f2963e219.jpg

1731150347_goldenh.jpg.aafbca01aa2835c46c6d34c9db4cff54.jpg

Thanks Trapp.  Where in God's name do you place your labels?!

Hi, new here! About to make my first post. I bought these anchor hocking Mason jars from Fillmore a couple of weeks ago. They are both smooth on all sides. I guess you could call them square??? My newbie-ness wants to call them rounded square. They are 8 and 16 oz. The lids are 70/450 at .28 each. Please excuse my messy end table, it seems to have become my "office'. Lol!

1550945211818249632264.jpg

• Like 1