Please help me pick 6 scents

Trappeur

I just received my new cancer labels for a line of candles I'm creating for cancer for my apple orchard account and they are just lovely.

So now please help me select 6 scents if you had the choice to pickout.   I have a couple hundred but I want to do this collection in a limited amount and that would be 6 scents.   I can't make up my mind what I want.    This is what I was thinking.   But maybe I need something different.

I was thinking maybe 1 in a bakery, 1 in a pine, 1 in a spa - clean cotton scent, 1 in fresh/floral, 1 in earthy or mannish, and  1 in something else.

I came up with:   Macintosh Apple

Peach Nectar

Balsam Fir

Lemon Pound Cake

Caramel Tobacco  (Tobacco in the name of the scent might not be good for a candle I'm thinking)

Autumn Flannel

Basil - Sage - Mint

Lemon Verbena

Daffodil and Fresh cut Grass (this is a beautiful blend I make)

Lux Linen

Pineapple Cilantro

Oops I have 10.....see, this is too hard for me....

Here is my label.

Trappeur

506329251_cancer1.thumb.jpg.00f18c84630a2d3811390b35e7d03f4f.jpg

I would do one spice scent...cinnamon something

Your MacIntosh Apple is a good choice

Maybe choose one of the two lemons.

Daffodil and Grass would be your fresh/floral right?

Maybe not the tobacco or the Autumn Flannel since it has the word 'Autumn' in it.

For the last two then, I would choose Basil Sage Mint and Balsam Fir since you're wanting to include a pine scent.

You're right, it is hard. I'm sure the others are lovely.  I've never smelled Lux Linen.

• Like 1

I'm not much of a foodie person (I do like some, it just seems not ever as much as most of you do), so for what it's worth these would be my picks:

Balsam Fir

Autumn Flannel

Basil - Sage - Mint

Lemon Verbena

Lux Linen

Those labels look great Trapp.  I love the way the cancer ribbon leans to the right.  Very fluid that compliments the font.

I almost always use a standard vanilla if I have to choose 6 or 8 scents.  My safety scent around here.  Don't you use Vanilla Voodoo?

1 hour ago, Arch Rock said:

Those labels look great Trapp.  I love the way the cancer ribbon leans to the right.  Very fluid that compliments the font.

I almost always use a standard vanilla if I have to choose 6 or 8 scents.  My safety scent around here.  Don't you use Vanilla Voodoo?

Actually Arch I was contemplating using a Vanilla as I think it really is a staple in any collection but the reason you never see me listing a Vanilla is because I have a very hard time with the color because they always turn color to a yellow because of the flourescent lighting in these shops as all of them have that lighting.   The candles just look terrible and I always use UV inhibitor but still my vanillas always turn from natural to yellow.   But yes, I agree with you about putting a vanilla in there.   I have one store that would return everyone that I would make even when I explain to her what inevitably is going to happen and it's just not worth it to me.   And yes, I'm the Vanilla Voodoo person.   But ever since I tried Fillmores French Vanilla a few weeks ago for the fast throw it gave so this one is now a part of any collection I do.   It's even faster than Vanilla Voodoo in throwing but I love my VanillaVoodoo.

Trappeur....................

• Like 1

I think a good, basic line should include a vanilla, a spice, a fresh/clean (like linen), an herbal, a floral, and a citrus.  Good classic staples that always sell.  Earthy stuff sells well for me too.

From your list, I would pick these:

Mac Apple, Lemon Verbena, the Basil/Sage/Mint combo, the daffodil blend, linen, and balsam.  But honestly, I'd swap one out for a vanilla.  Maybe a vanilla year round as one of your six basics, then have one seasonal scent.  The apple could be a fall only, and the balsam a Christmas/winter only, and the daffodil/grass blend for spring/summer only?  Limited availability drives up sales.

Edited by Crafty1_AJ
added info

On 2/15/2019 at 8:10 PM, Trappeur said:

I just received my new cancer labels for a line of candles I'm creating for cancer for my apple orchard account and they are just lovely.

So now please help me select 6 scents if you had the choice to pickout.   I have a couple hundred but I want to do this collection in a limited amount and that would be 6 scents.   I can't make up my mind what I want.    This is what I was thinking.   But maybe I need something different.

I was thinking maybe 1 in a bakery, 1 in a pine, 1 in a spa - clean cotton scent, 1 in fresh/floral, 1 in earthy or mannish, and  1 in something else.

I came up with:   Macintosh Apple

Peach Nectar

Balsam Fir

Lemon Pound Cake

Caramel Tobacco  (Tobacco in the name of the scent might not be good for a candle I'm thinking)

Autumn Flannel

Basil - Sage - Mint

Lemon Verbena

Lux Linen

Pineapple Cilantro

Oops I have 10.....see, this is too hard for me....

Here is my label.

Trappeur

506329251_cancer1.thumb.jpg.00f18c84630a2d3811390b35e7d03f4f.jpg

First and foremost as always WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LABEL!  You design your labels so nicely Trapp!  Okay so here’s my input on your selections:

Being that these are in fact limited edition candles, I would do the following:

#1 MASCULINE..... CUBAN TOBACCO...... but name is something like PAPA’S PIPE.  This is a more rare scent than say Mac Apple and being a limited edition candle I think it’s perfect!  

#2 BAKERY... LEMON POUND CAKE. I think that’s a nice bakery choice especially for spring approaching.

#3 CLEAN.... Lux Linen!  A phenomenal clean scent!  

#4 FLORAL.... Daffodil & Fresh Cut Grass. Especially being that you make it!  Again a nice custom blended candle for a limited edition is nice!  

#5 HERBAL/SPA..... BASIL SAGE MINT Excellent choice for the folks who like spa smelling candles.  

#6- I was going to say PINEAPPLE CILANTRO but if you really wanted to keep your tre scent then I would pass on the pineapple cilantro and so BALSAM FIR.  

IMO, These 6 would sell very well in the next few weeks.  Hope this helps you a bit.  Hugs!  😇🙏🏼

• Like 1

What if you called your vanilla "Bourbon Vanilla" or "Deep, Dark Madagascar Vanilla"  or something to that effect so the dark color wouldn't throw people off?

I agree with staying away from anything called "Tobacco" due to the smoking/cancer link,  but since tobacco scents are so popular and appealing, perhaps you could call them something entirely different like "Warm & Spicy" or "Cozy Night In," etc. I'm not giving the titles any deep brain activity, just wondering if the name changes would help you offer the scents you want to include. Women also love masculine scents, and tons of new and niche perfumes are unisex, so I would absolutely include some scents like that. Salty Mariner, Barbershop, and Black Sea are generally considered masculine, but women like them.  Since nothing else is super sweet, pound cake would cover that, and I think you could still carry Lemon Verbena, as it's not really sweet. If you're making these for holiday time (I'm just guessing because of the pine), you could consider a spicy cinnamon scent that would be different than the others.  I hope I helped a little!

• Like 1