AAA Candle Supply - $1.00 sample FO sale

GailC

Well. I went and did it.  :)  Ordered a bunch of 1 oz samples.  I was just in the mood.  The price is right on their 16 oz bottles if I decide to purchase some after I get the samples.  Their prices don't fluctuate, every fragrance is $14.95 a pound.  

I'm going to try a few scents I haven't seen anywhere else and I ordered 2 vanillas because I'm always on the search for a good vanilla to see if any measure up to CS's Very Vanilla. Also ordered Cinnamon Stick to compare with CS Cinnamon Stick. I loved Tennessee's Peach Magnolia Raspbery, and when they went out of business I ordered Marketplace from Southwest which smells the same.  So thought I'd try a sample of AAA's PMR to see how it compares.  

Here's my list:

Cinnamon Sticks - 1 oz. Bottle        
Cranberry Tea - 1 oz. Bottle        
Sun Ripened Raspberry - 1 oz. Bottle        
Limon - 1 oz. Bottle        
Sea Petal - 1 oz. Bottle        
Peach Magnolia Raspberry - 1 oz. Bottle        
Waterfall - 1 oz. Bottle        
Spiced Mahogany - 1 oz. bottle        
Dickens Christmas - 1 oz. Bottle        
Lavender Apples and Oak - 1 oz. Bottle        
Mexican Vanilla - 1 oz. Bottle        
Creamy Vanilla - 1 oz. Bottle        
Hawaiian Wind - 1 oz. Bottle

Nice! I picked up:

Fig Tree 

Marseille Fig 

Nagachampa 

Grass 

White Fig 

Wisteria 

Cinnamon Sticks

Clove 

Asian Fig 

Oatmeal Milk and Honey 

Magnolia 

Cranberry 

Sage 

Ocean 

Lemongrass Sage 

Chamomile 

Tuscan Tobacco 

Patchouli 

Lemon 

Rose 

Sandalwood 
Jasmine 
Coconut 
Leather and Lace 

I am forever in search of the perfect fig scent, and tobacco, and honey. I suppose everyone has a few scents they gravitate towards hehe

@Elegy, I see you did load up on the Fig scents.  :)  Doesn't look like we gravitate towards the same scents.  I have one FO called Pipe Smoke.  Bought it special for one customer.  It is OK, but that's not a candle scent I want to burn in my home.  Haven't had much luck selling it either.  One other customer ordered it though, along with Brown Sugar & Fig, which I don't care for either.  I was surprised several of my customers did though.  I don't like Patchouli or Sandalwood either. But hey! We both ordered Cinnamon Sticks.  And I do really like Lemongrass Sage. I get that from Candlewic.

Have you used FO's from AAA?  I really don't need to add yet another supplier, but just had to try some $1.00 samples.  :)   And like I said, I really like the one I did buy from them OOB....haven't put it in wax yet though.

@GailC Hehe, looks like. I am rather obsessed with perfume, which is how I wound up with candles. I love playing with fragrance, I have a list of scents Im trying to create. I lean heavily towards woods (but not pine or cedar) I love honey scents, but I dislike most sweet scents. Im hoping one of those figs is a "green" fig. I haven't actually sold anything yet, but I look forward to it once I get My recipes satisfactory :D

I haven't used AAA, but like you I can hardly turn down a deal like that. 

Have you tried any from Indigo? I have a list of things I want from there, but the darn site keeps crashing!

@Elegy, I have never ordered from Indigo, but you could do a search in the Fragrance discussion topic.  I just looked and there are 4 pages of posts mentioning Indigo.  I don't see a lot of discussion on that supplier.

My main suppliers are Nature's Garden, Aztec, Candlewic, Fragrance Buddy and Rustic Escentuals.  I also like Mill Creek and Cierra, but don't order from them as often.