Candles

wax used: CBL 125

FO load: 7%

container: 16oz straight jar, pint canning jar

cure time: 2 days

wicking: went up 1 wick size

CT: excellent

HT: fan-freaking-tastic!*

*What a winner!! Richer and deeper in wax than OOB, this is a fantastic bakery scent. My oldest daughter's favorite.

wax: Palm 1 Crystal container 

FO load: 6%

container: pint jar

cure time: 2 weeks

wicking: standard for jar

HT: excellent*

*This one I prefer in 125, but throw is still excellent in Palm.

wax melts

wax: CBL 141

FO load: 8%

cure time: couple days

HT: excellent

I bought this one in 2017.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 9:30 PM, Sarah S said:

Candles

wax used: CBL 125

FO load: 7%

container: 16oz straight jar, pint canning jar

cure time: 2 days

wicking: went up 1 wick size

HT: fan-freaking-tastic!*

*What a winner!! Richer and deeper in wax than OOB, this is a fantastic bakery scent. My oldest daughter's favorite.

wax: Palm 1 Crystal container 

FO load: 6%

container: pint jar

cure time: 2 weeks

wicking: standard for jar

HT: excellent*

*This one I prefer in 125, but throw is still excellent in Palm.

wax melts

wax: CBL 141

FO load: 8%

cure time: couple days

HT: excellent

I bought this one in 2017.

Sarah, where do you get CBL 141 wax ? Is it specificly for melts ?

7 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Sarah, where do you get CBL 141 wax ? Is it specificly for melts ?

It's one of Candlewic's custom blends. They say it is for pillars and votives, but it makes an excellent tart wax. It can handle a high fragrance load, has a nice opaque appearance, and is nice and hard for shapes or clams. It can get a little bumpy on the surface as it cools, but nowhere near as bad as KY 133.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sarah S said:

It's one of Candlewic's custom blends. They say it is for pillars and votives, but it makes an excellent tart wax. It can handle a high fragrance load, has a nice opaque appearance, and is nice and hard for shapes or clams. It can get a little bumpy on the surface as it cools, but nowhere near as bad as KY 133.

THank you ! I'll try it out ! Any FO I should try from CandleWic 

Ive only been making melts lately 

48 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

THank you ! I'll try it out ! Any FO I should try from CandleWic 

Ive only been making melts lately 

Oh yes! They have a lot of great FOs! 

My favorites include:

Voodoo Love - strong patchouli and spices, exotic and sensual

Mahogany Spice - woody, warm, masculine but not in a cologne kind of way, hard to describe but a great winter scent when you get tired of bakery and. Christmas 😊

Salt Carvern - salty, dry, hints of citrus, very fresh and clean

Coastal Kale - salty sea spray, fresh picked and juiced kale with a squeeze of lemon

Buttersotch - crazy strong, very true to the candy @Belinda clued me into this one!

Hot Buttered Rum -  recommended by @GailC, it is warm, sweet, and subtle, very nice for winter

Vanilla Verbena - just like B&BW, I got it for a friend to make soap and lotion with, but it is still very nice in wax. Sweet and green, it reminds me of spring.

Those are ones that I order often, but they really have a lot of fabulous fragrances. Their dupes are good, specifically the Van Verb I mentioned above, VS Him, VS Bombshell, and B&BW Moonlight path, I've tried and liked.

Stay away from the Spice (it's weird), the Smoked Ginger (gross), and plain Blueberry (weak).

HTH!

@Sarah S, I agree with the Spice.  Weird is the only way to describe that scent. I keep wanting the try the Mahogany Spice, but don't know if it will sell.  It's different.

I recently ordered from CW.  Had to restock Pumpkin Chai. That one is a hot seller for my wholesale account @Moonstar and my other customers as well.

CW has a lot of good FO's, Apple Cider Donut, Succulent Agave & Oakmoss, Black Tea Orange & Almond, Berry Tangerine (one of my favorites for summer) and the aforementioned Hot Buttered Rum.

I got some free samples and now I want to order 16 oz bottles of Maple Bourbon Brioche and Cranberry Scone.  YUM!  Maybe also Merry Mint.  But I must. restrain. myself.   I have bottles of Bombshell and Be Delicious from CW I haven't even used yet, plus scads of FO's from other suppliers I've yet to put in wax.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 11 months later...

I didn't think that many people used Fillmore.  Glad to see others do!  Iced Lemon Biscotti BLEW ME AWAY.  Easily one of my favorites.  Lasts long, has a nice warm biscotti scent SO much better in throw than the Almond Biscotti I tried from another company, and the bakery notes really mellow out the icing/sugar so that it isn't overly sweet and headache-inducing.

Wax Melts

GW415 soy + beeswax

10% fragrance load

CT: Deceptively medium

HT: Uh-MAZING