Jump to content
Fireside

Iced Lemon Biscotti

Recommended Posts

Melts

wax used: 4625, 4786, CBL 129, 4625/4630, KY parasoy

fragrance load (%): 10%

average cure time: 1 week

Wax additives: none

Cold throw: excellent

Hot Throw: excellent

Purchased: 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Candles

wax used: CBL 125

FO load: 7%

container: 16oz straight jar, pint canning jar

cure time: 2 days

wicking: went up 1 wick size

CT: excellent

HT: fan-freaking-tastic!*

*What a winner!! Richer and deeper in wax than OOB, this is a fantastic bakery scent. My oldest daughter's favorite.

 

wax: Palm 1 Crystal container 

FO load: 6%

container: pint jar

cure time: 2 weeks

wicking: standard for jar

CT: excellent

HT: excellent*

*This one I prefer in 125, but throw is still excellent in Palm.

 

wax melts

wax: CBL 141

FO load: 8%

cure time: couple days

CT: excellent 

HT: excellent

 

I bought this one in 2017.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This fragrance throws in EVERY wax I’ve tried. When the wicking is right you can clearly smell the icing drizzle. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I can say is this oil is heavenly.   No one else comes close to it in my opinion.

I use 464 with cd wicks and make candles and melts.

 

Trappeur

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made a test candle with this and you didn’t even have to light it.

Very strong. I’m not a fan of super bakery scents but this one I liked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 9:30 PM, Sarah S said:

Candles

wax used: CBL 125

FO load: 7%

container: 16oz straight jar, pint canning jar

cure time: 2 days

wicking: went up 1 wick size

CT: excellent

HT: fan-freaking-tastic!*

*What a winner!! Richer and deeper in wax than OOB, this is a fantastic bakery scent. My oldest daughter's favorite.

 

wax: Palm 1 Crystal container 

FO load: 6%

container: pint jar

cure time: 2 weeks

wicking: standard for jar

CT: excellent

HT: excellent*

*This one I prefer in 125, but throw is still excellent in Palm.

 

wax melts

wax: CBL 141

FO load: 8%

cure time: couple days

CT: excellent 

HT: excellent

 

I bought this one in 2017.

Sarah, where do you get CBL 141 wax ? Is it specificly for melts ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Sarah, where do you get CBL 141 wax ? Is it specificly for melts ?

 

It's one of Candlewic's custom blends. They say it is for pillars and votives, but it makes an excellent tart wax. It can handle a high fragrance load, has a nice opaque appearance, and is nice and hard for shapes or clams. It can get a little bumpy on the surface as it cools, but nowhere near as bad as KY 133.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sarah S said:

 

It's one of Candlewic's custom blends. They say it is for pillars and votives, but it makes an excellent tart wax. It can handle a high fragrance load, has a nice opaque appearance, and is nice and hard for shapes or clams. It can get a little bumpy on the surface as it cools, but nowhere near as bad as KY 133.

THank you ! I'll try it out ! Any FO I should try from CandleWic 

Ive only been making melts lately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

THank you ! I'll try it out ! Any FO I should try from CandleWic 

Ive only been making melts lately 

 

Oh yes! They have a lot of great FOs! 

My favorites include:

Voodoo Love - strong patchouli and spices, exotic and sensual

Mahogany Spice - woody, warm, masculine but not in a cologne kind of way, hard to describe but a great winter scent when you get tired of bakery and. Christmas 😊

Salt Carvern - salty, dry, hints of citrus, very fresh and clean

Coastal Kale - salty sea spray, fresh picked and juiced kale with a squeeze of lemon

Buttersotch - crazy strong, very true to the candy @Belinda clued me into this one!

Hot Buttered Rum -  recommended by @GailC, it is warm, sweet, and subtle, very nice for winter

Vanilla Verbena - just like B&BW, I got it for a friend to make soap and lotion with, but it is still very nice in wax. Sweet and green, it reminds me of spring.

 

Those are ones that I order often, but they really have a lot of fabulous fragrances. Their dupes are good, specifically the Van Verb I mentioned above, VS Him, VS Bombshell, and B&BW Moonlight path, I've tried and liked.

 

Stay away from the Spice (it's weird), the Smoked Ginger (gross), and plain Blueberry (weak).

 

HTH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sarah S, I agree with the Spice.  Weird is the only way to describe that scent. I keep wanting the try the Mahogany Spice, but don't know if it will sell.  It's different.

 

I recently ordered from CW.  Had to restock Pumpkin Chai. That one is a hot seller for my wholesale account @Moonstar and my other customers as well.

CW has a lot of good FO's, Apple Cider Donut, Succulent Agave & Oakmoss, Black Tea Orange & Almond, Berry Tangerine (one of my favorites for summer) and the aforementioned Hot Buttered Rum.

 

I got some free samples and now I want to order 16 oz bottles of Maple Bourbon Brioche and Cranberry Scone.  YUM!  Maybe also Merry Mint.  But I must. restrain. myself.   I have bottles of Bombshell and Be Delicious from CW I haven't even used yet, plus scads of FO's from other suppliers I've yet to put in wax.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally forgot about the Pumpkin Chai, that one is really good! It was a big seller for me last fall. Their Pumpkin pancake is super yummy too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...