Candles & Melts 

wax used: soy, 415 

fragrance load (%) 8- 8.5%

average cure time: 3-5 days 

Wax additives?

container:  8 ounce square mason, clamshells,  8 ounce tin 

wicking notes: Normal no issues 

Cold throw: very good, smells like juicy fruit gum to me 

Hot Throw:  Medium to light - tough one to describe, smells like juicy fruit gum with mild spice, while burning you don’t smell it predominately but it works, I don’t know how it does but it’s the only one that truly gets rid of odors especially cooking ones - I have to make this one alone on a day designated for it alone as it sucks the scent right out of all others made near it 🤷‍♀️

Morphing: scent stays true 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 8:25 PM, moonshine said:

Candles & Melts 

wax used: soy, 415 

fragrance load (%) 8- 8.5%

average cure time: 3-5 days 

Wax additives?

container:  8 ounce square mason, clamshells,  8 ounce tin 

wicking notes: Normal no issues 

Cold throw: very good, smells like juicy fruit gum to me 

Hot Throw:  Medium to light - tough one to describe, smells like juicy fruit gum with mild spice, while burning you don’t smell it predominately but it works, I don’t know how it does but it’s the only one that truly gets rid of odors especially cooking ones - I have to make this one alone on a day designated for it alone as it sucks the scent right out of all others made near it 🤷‍♀️

Morphing: scent stays true 

Have you tried it or heard experience about how effective it may be against cigarette smoke?

56 minutes ago, The Candle Nook said:

Have you tried it or heard experience about how effective it may be against cigarette smoke?

I am told Phenomenal....an acquaintance smokes in her house and between that and multiple cats she says it does wonders - now I haven’t been to her house to attest to that and being a smoker myself  (half quit and trying hard) I don’t smoke in my house at all so I can’t speak from experience on that but I have made deep fried shrimp and fries and you know how long smells like that take to get out of a house....deep fried stench everywhere for days upon days - putting one of these in a warmer wipes the smell out in a couple hours 🤷‍♀️ 

I am amazed by this and not sure if it’s psychological but I’m rolling with it 😂 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2019 at 8:46 PM, CaptnKush said:

Has anyone here used Glass Glow Palm for making these Smoke Odor Eliminator candles, or is there a better was for making these?

I use the Palm 1 crystal palm from Candlewic, very similar.

wax: palm 1

load: 6%

cure time: 2 weeks

container: 16 oz straight jar, glass, 22 oz apothecary

wicking: normal wicking

CT: super strong

HT: super strong*

*This is absolutely amazing in palm wax! The throw is strong and immediate, and it really does eliminate tough odors. I smell more spice than fruit, but it is an unusual fragrance and difficult to pinpoint.

*** I only have the old version, I have not tried the new phalate-free one.

• Like 1