CBL 129 Wax issues

That's how mine was too..then sent me a totally different lot number and no problems. Couldnt increase scent cause I'm at max now, and tried adding mineral oil also and neither worked. Not sure how the big manufacturers get theirs.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Lizzy said:

Heads up...Ordered the CBL 129 this week and low and behold it's doing it again. UGH.

92561795_880891919023360_5931859313386586112_n.jpg

I ended up going to the 3032(126) and seems to be working well. You can still use the 129 for candles. 

Edited by ChadM
  • Like 1

This happened to me before with 4794 and it was on IGI's end in the form (too much) of an additive so since the CBL 129 is based off the 4794 I am guessing this is once again the issue. GRUMBLEFarfegnugenLE. UGH. 
I contacted CW...waiting to hear back. Can't use this wax. I don't use it for candles, just tarts. Frustrating. <_<

11 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

This happened to me before with 4794 and it was on IGI's end in the form (too much) of an additive so since the CBL 129 is based off the 4794 I am guessing this is once again the issue. GRUMBLEFarfegnugenLE. UGH. 
I contacted CW...waiting to hear back. Can't use this wax. I don't use it for candles, just tarts. Frustrating. <_<

That's what I was thinking, so I'm not rushing to order 4794 either.  I would love to hear what CW has to say when they respond.  Thank you for the update.

1 hour ago, bfroberts said:

That's what I was thinking, so I'm not rushing to order 4794 either.  I would love to hear what CW has to say when they respond.  Thank you for the update.

I'm not either. I'll update if I hear back for sure :)

• Thanks 1

Just heard back. UGH.

Sorry for the trouble you are having.  How much fragrance are you adding to these?   We would recommend increasing the oil by either adding more fragrance the wax or adding mineral oil.   

Bill

I don't even know what to say. I am adding  7-8% (1.2 oz PPoW) and 8% is the max FO load on this wax per listing on CW's website. I shouldn't have to run out and buy Mineral oil to make this work? :blink::blink:

Edited by Lizzy
typo

another reply from Bill after I replied to him letting him know how much FO I added.

Actually can hold closer to 12 % especially when you get the ripples means can hold even more fragrance.

Bill

Ok. Wow. :blink:

3 hours ago, ChadM said:

I already went through all of this with CW and they are the ones that recommended the 126. 

Yeah I don't see myself buying mineral oil or upping the fo load to 12%. LOL
So the 126...it says that additives are recommended? Also the fo load is 5% max (without additives I assume)?

14 minutes ago, ChadM said:

I went as high as 13% and it does not go away. I tried mineral oil and different temperatures you have to switch to the 126. It works just as good

I plan on ordering the 126...just hate to waste wax. 😂 

That's a bummer, I just got a slab of 129 a few weeks ago. I haven't made anything with it yet.

Maybe I'll pull it out today and see what it does.

Do you have a softer wax like 125, or a soy wax? Sometimes I add a soft wax at a low percentage, like 5-10% to smooth out my tarts. I don't want to add much, because I like a hard tart, but a little bit can help smooth out some dimples or ripples to an acceptable level.

1 hour ago, Sarah S said:

That's a bummer, I just got a slab of 129 a few weeks ago. I haven't made anything with it yet.

Maybe I'll pull it out today and see what it does.

Do you have a softer wax like 125, or a soy wax? Sometimes I add a soft wax at a low percentage, like 5-10% to smooth out my tarts. I don't want to add much, because I like a hard tart, but a little bit can help smooth out some dimples or ripples to an acceptable level.

yes I tried adding a softer container wax but it was still rippling...the only thing that smoothed it out a little was upping the fo load :(

• Sad 1