FO Line up from TFC - I need your opinion.

Grani L

Hello Everyone - So I am looking to purchase FO's and will be using 464.  Does anyone have any review on the following scents from The Flaming Candle - If any on this list throws like a baseball pitcher, but from another place - please list it. I have never ordered from here before and I must, must order more but different FO's before I have a breakdown!!  I appreciate all your help. TIA.

Blue Raspberry Jolly Rancher

Strawberry Lemon Ice

Citrus Odor and Eliminator

Pear Spice

Sweet Strawberry -  I would like to use this in Soap and Candles if possible.

Blueberry Cobbler

Honey Suckle - In search of a Real scent that is not overbearingly head achy strong - but nice, light and springy.

Sugar Cookie Royale

Apple Cider Donut

Caramel Apple

Fruit Slices - does this have a fuel smell?

Nag Champa

Pear Spice

Pineapple Cilantro

Rose - I'm looking for a Real Fresh Cut Bouquet Wiffy Type of Scent. Not the strong overbearing head achy type.

Tomato Leaf

Lavender Chamomile

Edited by Grani L

@Grani L, I'm sorry, I only have one of the FOs on your list, the Citrus Odor eliminator. You must love fruity scents! Lol

I haven't put the Citrus in wax yet, but it is very strong OOB, and VERY citrusy. I'm a little skeptical about its odor eliminating abilities, beyond making the air smell like oranges, which is nice I suppose. I have the odor eliminating FO from CS, and that oil clearly eliminates other odors - it has a quality to the smell that it not present in other FOs that I attribute to whatever aroma chemical they put in it for the odor eliminating qualities.

Anyway, that's my input, I have many oils from Flaming and they are all really good, so I'm sure you will be pleased with your selection! @Trappeur has a great nose and never steers me wrong, I'm sure she will have some great reccomendations for you!

5 hours ago, Grani L said:

Hello Everyone - So I am looking to purchase FO's and will be using 464.  Does anyone have any review on the following scents from The Flaming Candle - If any on this list throws like a baseball pitcher, but from another place - please list it. I have never ordered from here before and I must, must order more but different FO's before I have a breakdown!!  I appreciate all your help. TIA.

Hi @Grani L. I can't comment on using the FOs in 464 or those specific scents and I haven't ordered from them in a while but I will say that they are one of my favorite scent suppliers. A lot or most of the scents I have ordered from them I have like and had good h&c throw in coconut soy wax.

Edited by Laura C

Hello @Grani L. I have used the Citrus Odor Eliminator, and that was only when I made it for my sister to take back to her apartment. The wax that I used at the time was C-3.  Upon making the candle, I recall it being very citrus-y, and I did wonder about about it's ability to eliminate odors, but I never got around to asking my sister how it performed. Then again, she's a stressed-out, aerospace engineering major at GT; she has lots of other things on her mind and is appreciating the ambiance the candles provide. 😄

Hello everyone...Thanks Trappeur. I appreciate your generous thoughtfulness. Sarah S- Yes, I do love fruity scents. --As for the Citrus Odor Eliminator- I will also put it on my CS List of FO's to order so I can test it. I do need one that really is true to its name. -- As for Tomato Leaf - hmmm..if it was a dud in 4630...it may not be too promising in 464. --Fruit Slices I had from NG..but got the dreaded fuel grill burning smell. 

- I had ordered a candle from someplace a while ago - I cant remember the name of the place but their 8oz Apothecary Jars were frosted.  I had ordered I think it was a Pink Lemonade. The cold throw was nice, but when I burned it, it smelled like fuel. I thought to myself, I would never sell a fuel smelling candle. But then, maybe everyone don't smell the fuel. Its crazy...but anyway I guess it's a Citrus thing.

I'm making up a list for you now Granni.   Actually I had a big list this for you this morning and I hit the wrong button and everything disappeared.     Was very frustrating but I'll do it now again 

Trappeu

Trappeur...

Just now, Trappeur said:

I'm making up a list for you now Granni.   Actually I had a big list this for you this morning and I hit the wrong button and everything disappeared.     Was very frustrating but I'll do it now again 

Trappeur...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 8:41 AM, glasllyn said:

I don't know about FC, but Candlescience's Fruit Slices is so strong I can't even be in the same room with the bottle. I've never out it in wax, but with a strength like that, it has to throw.

Totally agree about CS Fruit Slices. Very strong. I don’t smell fuel at all. And the HT is excellent (“fruity” scents can be sometimes iffy in 464)