Online Supplier for Candle Tins?

Hello all from a Newbie!

My teen daughter recently took a candle making class and has fallen in love with the craft. She wants to make candles for friends. We wanted to place an order for silver tins at candlescience however a couple of the reviews say the tins burned through the bottom therfore causing a huge safety issue 😨.  Does anyone have any recommendations for online suppliers that sell tins that are safe? 

Thanks SO much in advance!  ❤️

Michelle & Dani

I've purchased tins from a few suppliers and the ones I got from Candlescience were the highest quality. Their tins are designed so that most of the bottom raised up. If someone made a candle that was hot enough to burn through it would have been a bigger problem in the other tins I've used, a candle should never burn that hot. Make sure she test her candles and that they are not making the tin too hot. If they are use a smaller wick.

• Like 4

I have never heard of a tin burning right through the bottom.   I guess it's possible.   That just shows the ignorance and the person not knowing a thing about candlemaking not knowing a thing about their wax product and even thinking about selling is just ludacrest (spelled wrong).

There are tons of suppliers that sell the tins so you will have no problem finding them.

And please don't think about even selling candles just by taking a class and seeing and thinking about how easy it is.   This is not an easy get rich scheme and certainly doesn't happen over night.   It takes "years"   or sure you could probably be ready in a year to say that you truly know all about your wax product, wax curing, the proper selection of what size wicks to use, getting insurance b/4 you sell to someone and making selling in the right container.   So many people come here who started selling candles after a month or 2 or I have even seen people selling right after a few weeks!    This disgusts me when I see posts like this as there is no way in even a couple of months that you could possibly learn everything you need to know in how to make a properly designed candle.   Safety is of utmost importance and is #1 before ever even thinking about selling even just to friends.   It took me "years" before I felt confident enough to put out the first candle to sell and I sell wholesale to stores.   I don't mean to come down hard on you or make you feel horrible in what I said as I'm not that type of person, but it is what it is, so be smart and do things correctly and this board is the most informative board you could happen upon where you can learn.   I learn still everyday and I have been in this business for years!   Keep us informed how you do and welcome.....

Trappeur

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, aptommo said:

I also buy from Candlewic because I haven't found anyone else selling the 20oz.

Wow, Aptommo I never even knew there was a 20oz tin out there.   Is this something new?   I'll have to get some!   Thanks for posting this!

Trappeur

12 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Wow, Aptommo I never even knew there was a 20oz tin out there.   Is this something new?   I'll have to get some!   Thanks for posting this!

Trappeur

I am using them for displays at my next craft fair putting a bit of crinkle shreds in then a few melts and then selling the melts in the smaller ones. They have 16 and 20oz. I wish they had even larger ones too but I think these will do nicely. 

1 hour ago, Paintguru said:

I get my small 4 oz ones from The Flaming Candle.

This is where I have been buying my tins for years and have never ever had a problem with them...lots of choices out there.

Trappeur.................

• Like 1