Good morning! Just getting back into candle making

ammd

I use to make and sell years ago but stopped when I developed allergies and at first didn't know what was causing my lung issues but took a break and looking to get back into making my house smell amazing again. In that break time, I've moved-sold everything I had except a few oils that I horde but they are getting really old now and I see many of my old companies are no longer in business so I will need to be doing some testing- I am hoping to keep this to just a hobby and I know it's an expensive one but I really enjoy it.

Meredyth

Welcome to Craft Server Meredyth! Glad to have you with us. 

Yes, many of the old suppliers have either quit or moved on to other things or simply went out of business. If you can tell us which suppliers you used to use we may be able to help as many of these old suppliers sold their business or new suppliers bought the fragrance oils/formulas. 

Some of the waxes you used to used may have changed also while others are still here. So if you don't find yours just ask about it and we may know a newer version or which supplier now carries it.

I would ask these questions in the general candle section thou so you can get more responses there. 

• Like 1

Thank you! I have been searching online and here and found most of my oils but wow, prices and shipping- glad I pretty much know what I like so there isn't a lot of trial and error. I would have hundreds of samples before looking for the exact smells I wanted and worked for me plus I lived close to several candle companies so I would go pick up the wax as I needed it. Not sure who will be best now but that's ok. I can hunt it down.

Hello @ammd and welcome. :hello: 

There's a lot of nice, funny and helpful people on here and great information.

To help you find suppliers and maybe some local ones, you should take a look at this post. Enjoy!

Edited by Laura C
  • Like 1