Favorite Bulk Apothecary FOs

Arch Rock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/11/2019 at 7:28 PM, pughaus said:

I love their Cedar and Orange. It is listed under their Skin + Hair Care FOs but I took chance on it for candles and it is throwing very nicely in my soy/coco wax after a 6 day cure.  

I’m looking for an old fashioned church incense smell and someone suggested a cedar/orange mix— do you know that smell and think this smells like church incense?

37 minutes ago, The Candle Nook said:

I’m looking for an old fashioned church incense smell and someone suggested a cedar/orange mix— do you know that smell and think this smells like church incense?

I know the smell you're talking about and I don't think this is what you're looking for.  I would be more than glad to send you a cotton ball soaked in the oil for you to smell. This is a dupe of the L'Occitane Men's EDT fragrance.  I love and wear the scent all the time.  

My husband wants that same "church incense" smell you're talking about.  I think a mix of frankincense, myrrh and some type of softening scent like benzoin, vanilla, mild floral or amber would be a good start.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, The Candle Nook said:

No, not at all.  The BA FO is more fresh cedar than incense.

Are you familiar with Caribbean Teakwood?  It always reminds me of incense and has some cedar and other woods in it.  I use the CS version.

Edited by pughaus

@soshiegirl thanks for offer of a cotton ball....but at this point - I have so many things I’ve bought and haven’t put in wax...I seriously do not need to fall in love with something else to buy! 😂. I pour frankincense/ myrrh at Christmas and it is definitely missing something (as an incense) an amber might be it. I think vanilla may be too sweet...I may have a sample of CS Caribbean Teakwood @pughaus  — I’ll check that out. Thanks for the input!

• 1 year later...
On 5/9/2019 at 4:44 PM, soshiegirl said:

I know the smell you're talking about and I don't think this is what you're looking for.  I would be more than glad to send you a cotton ball soaked in the oil for you to smell. This is a dupe of the L'Occitane Men's EDT fragrance.  I love and wear the scent all the time.  

My husband wants that same "church incense" smell you're talking about.  I think a mix of frankincense, myrrh and some type of softening scent like benzoin, vanilla, mild floral or amber would be a good start.

Good luck!

The first time I smelled frankincense EO it reminded me exactly of my childhood memories of going to church. It's the exact scent the priest had in that incense burner he carried