Scents of Italy?

Darbla

What FOs evoke Italy for you?  Any that would whisk you away to an Italian coastline?  Are there some that smell of Italian lemon trees?  Anything you can think of that gives off an Italian vibe to you?  I can't afford to travel so maybe I can scent my house and myself like I did.  :P  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

NG has an oil called Capri Olivio (I'm pretty sure), and it really does smell like a sunny Mediterranean island, just lovely!

I made some CP soap with it, and it performed very well. I bet it would make a great body spray too! I didn't test it in wax.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sarah S said:

NG has an oil called Capri Olivo (I'm pretty sure), and it really does smell like a sunny Mediterranean island, just lovely!

I made some CP soap with it, and it performed very well. I bet it would make a great body spray too! I didn't test it in wax.

I love capri olivio. One of my customers said it smelled like a mediterranean spa.  (Alas, I wouldn't know).   I've used it in lotion, soap and melts, but have not been able to wick it for the life of me!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

Pasta, Homemade bread, satsuma oranges, the ocean.  These are real scents, now if you can find them all in fo you're in business!

Yeah, that was the whole idea behind asking this in an FO forum.  ;)  Do you have any faves in those types of scents?  I don't think I'd be interested in a pasta or bread FO (but someone else reading this might), but oranges and oceans would be nice.

And since you mentioned bread, I can tell you all that baking Krusteaz Mediterranean Herb bread (it's a mix I get at a local grocery store), using olive oil for the butter and adding some chopped black olives, is practically manna from heaven.  I make this in a bread machine but there are directions on the box for oven baking if you don't have one.

• Like 2

I've been using RE's Satsuma and Salty Sea (?) not positive on that name.  Lemon I haven't used in a long time, want to say it was Candle Science when I had it and I blended it with Olive Leaf (WSP)  that I didn't like alone but that blend screams Italy, lol.

Edited by kandlekrazy
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 7:37 PM, Candybee said:

Limoncello, olive blossoms, and mediterranean fig come to mind. I'm sure there are some orchard and wine scents that would also fit the bill. Or how about a lemon biscotti.

I love every one of your suggestions Candybee...I'm going to try some of these you suggest.

Have you got any suggestions of who is good?

Trappeur

7 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I love every one of your suggestions Candybee...I'm going to try some of these you suggest.

Have you got any suggestions of who is good?

Trappeur

Let's see.....

Lemon Biscotti - Fillmore Container

Mediterranean Fig - CS

Lemoncello - is really a drink made with lemon, and I have it in a flavor oil I get from EBB so I don't know where to get the FO, but the scent is a blend of lemon juice, vanilla cream, and a hint of anise. Should be easy to duplicate.

Olive Blossom - the Capri Olivo sounds like a good FO but never tried it. The olive blossom FO I used to get was discontinued and always on the lookout for a good olive blossom. I had been thinking for some time to give the CO from NG a try and haven't gotten around to it yet. They also have one called OMG Olive that sounds really good too!

• Like 1

Osmanthus was the name I have been trying to remember. The scent osmanthus is the sweet olive and its really good but I no longer know who carries it. But it is part of the blend of NG's Capri Olivo and THAT is why I want to try it out in CP soap.

Just found Osmanthus FO at The Sage.

and just found Olive Leaves at Lonestar Candle Supply.

Edited by Candybee

On 1/24/2019 at 9:25 AM, Darbla said:

Yeah, that was the whole idea behind asking this in an FO forum.  ;)  Do you have any faves in those types of scents?  I don't think I'd be interested in a pasta or bread FO (but someone else reading this might), but oranges and oceans would be nice.

And since you mentioned bread, I can tell you all that baking Krusteaz Mediterranean Herb bread (it's a mix I get at a local grocery store), using olive oil for the butter and adding some chopped black olives, is practically manna from heaven.  I make this in a bread machine but there are directions on the box for oven baking if you don't have one.

Darbla,  you must be an amazing cook...I want to come to your house one day with all these beautiful healthy foods you make!

I drool every time you put up a post.

Trappeur

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

I'm back on this kick, because I got a sample of Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue over the holidays and it's put me in the mood for a Mediterranean vacay.  Do any of you have any new ideas to add to the discussion above?  I think I want to have my house scented like this this Summer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would definitely suggest:

NG Capri Olivo as it’s an utterly beautiful scent that makes me think of a beautiful place!

NG Agave Lime as at the beginning of June they say the Lime trees of Italy begin blossoming.  

NG Italian Biscotti.  It’s a nice bakery smell!   

Coffee House or Any coffee smell as they say everywhere you go on the streets of Italy you will smell coffee and hear the hissing sounds of an expresso machine. 😎

Peace from Fragance Buddy which is the Lush Olive Branch dupe.  It’s definitely a nice fragrance on its own but I also like it when it’s blended.   

Amalfi Coast from Wellington.... This one I haven’t used myself but  I have been eyeballing it!  And it sounds perfect for what your wanting.  LOL 🤩

Anyways, I hope this helps a bit.... 😇

• Thanks 1