Mica in Wax Melts?

ThisLittleLightOfMine

Hiya! I have been trying to read up on using mica when creating wax melts. There seems to be limited info on the subject. I was wondering if anyone here has added mica to thier wax before pouring into either molds or clams. Does it stay suspended or sink to the bottom? Also how much mica would one use? I make wax melts so I dont have to worry about clogging a wick etc but also dont want to waste product. Is there any other components I should worry about when trying out this medium? I've seen videos on Instagram and it looks like molten metal and is BEAUTIFUL! Would love to add one or two to my spring/summer line. Thank you in advance for any/all guidance!

I've had some success with this. You just have to get the mica in early and mix mix mix mix mix and pour as cool as you dare so it doesn't settle. 

Example of white mica for my snowflakes during Christmas.

648415757_PhotoDec0952831PM.thumb.jpg.af810f0c37fcaafeeef12d542dce313a.jpg1841112891_PhotoDec0913845PM.thumb.jpg.bf4cbea02ae6bbb1c66383decc23b194.jpg

Edited by aptommo
  • Like 1